Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manutdonline View Post
    Nothing apart from the "screen protector" it came with in the box... I snipped off the tab at the top and it fits like a charm. I was contemplating getting a skin for my Pre but instead I opted for O2 Uk's phone insurance, so even if i smash the phone, I can claim a new one!
    Isn't that like, 7 a month?
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Isn't that like, 7 a month?
    It's 10 a month because the Palm Pre is a Premium phone!

I just hate having to be super duper careful using my pre and wrapping it up in absolutely every protective cover out there..just detracts from the actual experience of the phone.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I use a Seidio Innocase and for the screen a 3M Vikuiti foil, which I bought here
    <<Link in Berd's quote below>>
    And the Innocase even works with my Touchstone. I mention this because many people on this forum reported that this is not working for them, but I don't have any problems.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 12/12/2009 at 01:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    I use a Seidio Innocase and for the screen a 3M Vikuiti foil, which I bought here
    http://www.schutzfolien24.de
    And the Innocase even works with my Touchstone. I mention this because many people on this forum reported that this is not working for them, but I don't have any problems.
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    I use a clear-hard-plastic casing purchased from best buy on black friday for sale $9.99 (reg. $20. )
    My sexy pre is nude. I tried the Seidio Innocase, but it was too bulky for my tastes, and the tabs broke easily (went through three of them before giving up).
    Just a Zagg front cover, touchstone back. Tried the SPRINT cover, and while it definately stabilizes OREO, it looks too dorky to use.
    i use a black sena case and a 3M Vikuiti foil.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Well Phantom Skinz have 2 for 1 offer on at the moment and on top of that 33% off. Shipping to the UK is less than $5 so its a good deal. I ordered on the weekend and its already been dispatched...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I've got a Boxwave hard plastic case, with detachable belt clip thingy. Only had it on a few days but seems pretty sturdy, adds a bit of grip to the phone and very little bulk. Seems to have added to the oreo affect a little bit, but that's no big deal.

I also have some cheap screen protector 5 for €4 on ebay, took me 2 attempts to get one on properly, but it's fine now.]

I intially bought one of these gel cases on ebay... ridiculous. Just 2 halves that are supposed to stick to the pre through sheer willpower, the front came off every time I took it out of my pocket... avoid like the plague.
  11. anx
    On the back the perfect Touchstone Back Cover...a protective skin for the display, which is too "micro-scratches" addict...
    I use the Innocase as well and I've found it adds very little bulk and, if anything, makes the Pre nicer to use. I find it easier to slide open with one hand and the USB port is easier to open. The texture is much nicer than the high gloss original back too. No problems getting it on and off as required but then I am always careful to release each tab before prising apart.

The only downside is the touchstone is a bit more fussy with it on. I tried moving the magnets to the Innocase but, whilst it stayed in position a little better, it didn't charge at all. I have reverted to the magnets in the orginal position and a small circle of card between the coils and the battery to push out the back. I think this marginally reduces the distance between the coils and the touchstone and it works a little better but I have to keep the sound off to prevent all the annoying bing-bongs in the night!
    Mine came with a transparent screen protector with a small tab to remove it, I just cut off the little tab and left the screen protector there.
    I also use the original sleeve and put the thing in a front pocket in my pants, just the phone. The keys and coins go on the other pocket
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Mine came with a transparent screen protector with a small tab to remove it, I just cut off the little tab and left the screen protector there.
    I also use the original sleeve and put the thing in a front pocket in my pants, just the phone. The keys and coins go on the other pocket
    Taking it out of the pouch everytime is such a hassle though, I find.

Also, whilst trying to squeeze it out of the pouch I always think I will somehow add to the Oreo!

In addition, the vibrate motor seems quite weak for phonecalls/texts so the pouch just makes it more difficult to 'feel' if you are being alerted. My Phantom Skinz have been shipped so I am hoping that will be a nice solution.
    I used the top-load Palm Case, even though it was ugly and unwieldy from launch through a week or so ago. Very tough to get the phone out quickly and deal with the case, esp when driving.

Since I am not one who likes to answer without checking the caller ID and my google voice is set up so I must dial 1 to accept the call anyway, permanent life inside the case was not going to happen.

Problem solved when Mr. GR took me to lunch at Benihana and a client called while I was walking to the car. Managing the leftovers, my purse and the stupid case was more than I could handle and somehow, the case fell. By the time we got in the car, realized the case was gone and we turned back around the parking lot, someone had taken it!! OK, I took this as a sign that the Palm case is someone else's nightmare now!!

Not sure what to do, I went back to the Treo case, with the phone inside it's sleeping bag to fill the space -- clearly a worse configuration than before. I researched various case reviews and decided I like the Piel Frama Case, but I was skeptical about the price and some of the user experiences on this board.

Well, Monday again I had a need to get the phone quickly out for caller ID viewing. somehow in the process, I accidentally accepted the call before Pre was removed from it's sleeping bag and purse case. End result, I took a call from a client's mother who talked at me in monologue for 40 minutes. When I finally got off the phone, I ordered the Piel Frama Case.

First off, it came this morning. So major snaps to Pre Central for very speedy shipping at a crazy time of year.

Now for my opinion. It is fabulous. Easy to use. Removal for Touchstone is a breeze, the phone feels better protected than it ever was in that horrid Palm Case. The case itself is gorgeous. The phone fits snugly into the shell and I can squeeze it for extra security.

Mr. Gr took me to lunch today and he is very jealous (OK, so I know something Santa will totally put in his stocking).

Please don't let the price or any comment about loose fit dissuade you from the Piel Frama. It is expensive but I think it will prove to be worth the cost, it is very well made and it offers a lot of protection without much bulk. My Pre fit snugly into the tan colored case, and it is very easy to remove for Touchstone use and then to resecure.

I hope this helps....
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Following this up, I would highly highly recommend PhantomSkinz. I cannot fault it at all. Its simply awesome and I wouldn't have expected anything more from it. Really happy with it .
    ...I recently gave up and bought 4 Phantomskinz to protect the screen.
    They are simply amazing.
    this is the only thing I did. nothing else.
    Invisashield has skins, you can even custom design one, thats what I have on the back and a invisashield on the front. Makes the phone less slippery (and a little harder to slip in and out of the bag.) If you have a pre plus make sure you order the correct front or you will have a hole where the button used to be.
    I'm using a Phantomskinz front trimmed down so it doesn't go down around the sides. It protects the screen and feels great in the hand. I'm not so worried about scratches other than on the screen itself.

I tried zaggs invisible shields but was not happy with it. It was a little too rubbery and since I only had the front, the top half of the device felt wider than the bottom half. And after a couple of weeks the little corner flaps started to peel.

edit: I liked the Phantomskinz method of dipping the whole thing in soapy water better than the Zagg sponge. In fact, the sponge provided with my invisible shields left a couple of small black microsponges on the shield.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Ive had my Pre since August. All I have is the Palm Leather belt case. No scratches or issues. People complain about the plastic screen, but ive found it to hold up better than most glass screens, including iPhone. If you are going to keep it in your pockets, I would recommend have a screen protector applied. I would go to the mall or phone store and let someone apply it. They can usually do a better job than most people, because they do it all the time.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast