Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eightdrunkengods View Post
    I have a seidio innocase with a trimmed phantomskinz for the screen. I'm pretty happy with it.
    ditto this combo works great for me as well!!!! usa here
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 11/28/2009 at 09:02 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I still use the sleeve that came with it. I usually buy cases and sleeves for my phones but I've not really liked anything except the Covertec and the silly money Piel Frama iMagnum Leather Case.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC 3200 (bad move) > Treo Pro (not as bad but still WinMo) > Palm Pre
    I use a Piel Frama iMagnum, Phantom Skinz (front only) and Touchstone back cover combination.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    hi mates I'm from italy endorsing a qwertz o2 pre and actually i'm not protecting it
    I'm just payin close attention while carrying it around.
    but something about and for the pre start to pop up also here in Italy.
    There is a particular cover in silicone sold here in italy through ebay that looks very good.
    I'd love to post the url but I'm sure I can't. can I ???
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mastahaze View Post
    hi mates I'm from italy endorsing a qwertz o2 pre and actually i'm not protecting it
    There is a particular cover in silicone sold here in italy through ebay that looks very good.
    Post the item number, that's good enough
    I've tried several.

The Seidio innocase is great, but offered no screen protection really, but did have the advantage that the Touchstone worked.

I tried a Martin's screen protector but the outside line was constally visible and didnt like it, so took it off.

Then tried a Covertec, leather front and back with magnetic stud, that "sits" inside a plastic shell. Was a little bit "too" clunky for me and seemed to potentiate the Oreo effect.

Now just use a Krussell. Which has a leather back and front, but the front has a perspex window. Its light, flexible, allows you to see the screen and holds and protects the keyboard slider in some thin, flexible plastic. I had one for my old HTC Touch Dual and its still going strong.

Im definitely staying with this with one!
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Post the item number, that's good enough
    there I go.
    Item number 120490965597
    it looks good but: i dunno if this one can work with touchstone. I believe not.
    I dunno if the item can be shipped outside italy because it's an italian company selling it!
    there is much less room for gesture area.
    but the silicon case has rail for itself. maybe this one can help with the oreo effect too????
    I'm not taking it but that's just me. i dunno like covers, at best a soft pouch like the one in the palm box
  8.    #28  
    I am still looking for a proper case for my pre

I ordered a hard case from ebay but it seems a bit crap so i decided to put it away...

I looked at the gel case with the rails. Other than the gesture area issue, I think the usb opening on it is not aligned with the phone (if you look carefully it's on the bottom part of the case). It also doesn't work with the touchstone so it is a bit annoying...

wanted to get the sprint case but they don't ship to asia, and i can't find it on ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by C0deM0nkey View Post
    Currently nothing - waiting on a Seidio Innocase for mine. Been on back order for 3 weeks and have just cancelled and sourced from eBay instead.
    Well that worked well..for about 2 days.

Started getting the 'bing-bong' cycle on my work and home touchstones with the innocase on. A bit of investigation showed that the case was not flush with the back of the Pre at bottom right hand corner.
    Removed the case and no more touchstone problems.

So back to a naked Pre..
    Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
    Martin Golding
    I have the "Skinomi" screen protector $9.95 on Amazon with lifetime replacements and the seidio innocase $19.95 on Amazon and love them both... You can't even tell the Skinomi is on there and as far as the touchstone issues, you have to be alittle more delicate setting it on there but no problems..
    Last edited by Duggleluv; 11/28/2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: more info
    I'm using this cheap skin:
    Review: BestSkinsEver Full Body shield for PalmPre - all things Palm Pre - PreThinking
    just as good as a Zagg Inv Shield IMO
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    So with prices in $ being posted, are you guys buying them from the states?
    Or are US Pre owners once again invading the GSM forum?

If the whole phone was matt (like TouchStone back cover), the Pre would be perfect. However as its now, I too have been looking for a protective 'skin'...

This is the best review/comparison I've found so far, of the options available to us:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ja-fortte.html

Suggest you all check the link out.

Based on the pics, the Phantom Skinz seems like the best option. Anyone have first hand experience of it? Pics?
    I have a generic cell phone pouch I found at Target that fits perfectly and has a belt clip and magnetic top flap - I like it, works great for me.

Jim
  14.    #34  
    To everybody using anything like the zagg invisible shield/bodyguardz:

Does it interfere with the proximity sensor when you're in the phone app, on a call?

I had to trim the top of a cheap screen protector to solve the problem. Does it happen with the body shields?
    Same as JayVee, invisible shield in front, touchstone cover at the back, I carry it around in my pocket, very durable.
    I have the Palm Pre with the touchstone cover and I use the invisible shield to protect the full body from scratches. I also use a Case logic case to protect the phone when I put it in my back pocket.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    TLC and prayer. Well.. actually not the latter.. I just thought it sounded good.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    So with prices in $ being posted, are you guys buying them from the states?
    Or are US Pre owners once again invading the GSM forum?

If the whole phone was matt (like TouchStone back cover), the Pre would be perfect. However as its now, I too have been looking for a protective 'skin'...

This is the best review/comparison I've found so far, of the options available to us:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ja-fortte.html

Suggest you all check the link out.

Based on the pics, the Phantom Skinz seems like the best option. Anyone have first hand experience of it? Pics?
    Lets keep this thread going, guys [GSM owners only! ]

Anyone managed to check out the Phantom Skinz option in the UK?
    Quote Originally Posted by mastahaze View Post
    yes you can now after 10 posts !!!! yay
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Nothing apart from the "screen protector" it came with in the box... I snipped off the tab at the top and it fits like a charm. I was contemplating getting a skin for my Pre but instead I opted for O2 Uk's phone insurance, so even if i smash the phone, I can claim a new one!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast