Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Is there a way to get a replacement cover?
    Palm might send you one. But I need to tell ya! Life if better without it!! I took mine off 3 months ago and I have not looked back!
    I lost mine before on my first Pre. I went to Sprint, I emailed Palm, but I had NO luck getting a new cover. I did end up finding it, but then had to send my phone in through the insurance to get a brand new one, and I kept the cover from the first Pre.

If you do have luck finding one, let us know how you did it!! I work at a radio station group, and one of the clients we have is a cell phone repair joint, and the owner has contacts through Sprint in Hawaii and even they can't find replacement covers.
    mine fell off this friday.. i hate it.. phone looks like crap now..
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    It's not even the look that bother's me. It's that I keep sticking my finger in the hole (I'm left handed).
    I've debated ripping mine off. It's just annoying.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I called Palm and they sent me a new one 2nd day for free. I have had my pre since launch day.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    I called Palm and they sent me a new one 2nd day for free. I have had my pre since launch day.
    Did you just call the regular service number, or is there a specific group I should ask for?

The darn thing just shocked me. Going without a cover just isn't going to be an option for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Palm might send you one. But I need to tell ya! Life if better without it!! I took mine off 3 months ago and I have not looked back!
    What s/he said.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    Did you just call the regular service number, or is there a specific group I should ask for?

The darn thing just shocked me. Going without a cover just isn't going to be an option for me.
    I called the regular number and told them that I just took the usb cover off like normal and it fell out. I did nothing forceful and did not drop the phone or anything that would hurt it. It just came out and thats all. They said ok no problem we'll send you a new one. This was about a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post

Go to this URL:

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/...s/page_en.html

Choose CHAT NOW and you can chat with someone online. That is how I did it. Pretty painless. I pasted what FRAZ said ("I called Palm and they sent me a new one 2nd day for free. I have had my pre since launch day."). The rep asked me to verify purchase date (I also bought mine on launch day: 06June2009), Serial number, and other personal info, and he said I should receive mine in 2 days. Free.

Thanks Fraz! Mine's been missing for months, but until I saw your post, it never occurred to me that Palm would be so easy about it!

FYI: Though I'm sure most of you know this, you can easily access your serial number (without removing the battery) by going to the DEVICE INFO app on your phone. Bottom of first/main page.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Glad to help! Im guessing its a pretty big known issue for Palm.

Also, it was mailed fed ex Priority and it had to be signed for... couldnt be left at the door.
    My usb door fell off today while I was opening it to charge my phone. I did a quick search online to see what to expect and came across this thread. I started with the live chat via the link above. That person directed me to the voice support #. The lady gathered some information and they are sending me a new usb door.
    When I got my Pre, I wanted to rip it off. Pretty completely useless... though it does make it look nice. The little plastic guard on the bottom of the USB port also broke off a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't cared.
    Thanks for the tip, this worked for me.
    Followed the steps as mentioned in the earlier posts.
    Chatted with Palm. Replacement on the way!
    my gf's usb cover fell out, i pushed it back in and it's on there, i might order a replacement tho cause thers feels loose like it's go ing to fall out again
    Mine fell off and got lost somewhere this weekend. Any harm in not bothering to replace it ?
    The harm might come in the form of dust/dirt getting into the phone through that opening... the other possibility is that having the cover installed might help make the phone more structurally sound in that area and less likely to crack from stress.
    Mine fell off but cant figure out how to replace it. ANy tips ?? exactly how does it go back on. I took it to a sprint store and they said there no way to put it back.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 12/20/2009 at 10:44 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast