Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mine fell of and left a tiny crack and has grown to the tip ofthe screen and a piece of the case chiped off area next to where the battery door came off) it just noticed it one day when I took it out to charge it. Sprint won't replace it though, will palm replace the phone? This is why I stress the need for sturdy materials on a better build.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just did this (CHAT NOW) and they are sending one to me. It took 2 minutes. I'm still on my first Pre (from June). This is just one more reason to love Palm. THANK YOU!!!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thanks! I just completed the chat. I had to fire up Windows in a virtual machine to chat with them, wouldn't work in Linux. Otherwise it went smoothly and was quick.

I'll complain about the Windows chat thingy in the survey once I get it. It apparently has a Mac version too, but no Linux.
    Interesting.... I used Palm Chat today.. on a day one Palm Pre... the support person Robert, after 20 minutes, told me to go to Radio Shack... Of course Radio Shack says good luck as they are getting rid of all the Palm Pre accessories....

UPDATE: Called support on the phone and they are sending a new one!
    So... try again if the Chat doesn't work.

rick
    Last edited by rah0218; 07/27/2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: updated information
    lol, I'm wondering if Palm is questioning the sudden "I lost my USB door" calls.

ET
    the chat guy told me to call them and i have don't have a warranty anymore. -_- so helpful
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    so mine fell out today - can I reattach it somehow?
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Mines coming in 3-5 days. Gave him the needed info and he's mailing it. REally painless.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Go to this URL:

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Support Services

Choose CHAT NOW and you can chat with someone online. That is how I did it. Pretty painless. I pasted what FRAZ said ("I called Palm and they sent me a new one 2nd day for free. I have had my pre since launch day."). The rep asked me to verify purchase date (I also bought mine on launch day: 06June2009), Serial number, and other personal info, and he said I should receive mine in 2 days. Free.

Thanks Fraz! Mine's been missing for months, but until I saw your post, it never occurred to me that Palm would be so easy about it!

FYI: Though I'm sure most of you know this, you can easily access your serial number (without removing the battery) by going to the DEVICE INFO app on your phone. Bottom of first/main page.
    This website is such a Godsend.

I clicked on the link you provided, and chatted with Palm for about 2 minutes and I now have a new USB cover in the mail to arrive within 5 business days!

Awesome news. Pea soup.

Thanks.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Palm chart support said to try third parties. bah
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Palm chart support said to try third parties. bah
    strange! Did you tell them about this website and that others from here did the same thing and had no problems?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Honestly the person seemed a robot, his responses seemed to be pre-written. According to him you can't purchase replaced usb covers.

Might try again tomorrow
    Global Posts
    2,153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Mine fell off and got lost somewhere this weekend. Any harm in not bothering to replace it ?
    it is not going to hurt anything if you don't replace it. if you look at BB's, they all have open USB ports.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Honestly the person seemed a robot, his responses seemed to be pre-written. According to him you can't purchase replaced usb covers.

Might try again tomorrow
    Well, there isn't any cost for this. It's being sent free.

Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    it is not going to hurt anything if you don't replace it. if you look at BB's, they all have open USB ports.
    True, now that I have not had the UBS Cover on for about a week, i am getting used to it. But I have two touchstones, so it is very rare that I even have to connect to USB, so I would rather have the phone look like it's supposed to. Not to mention, you are going to get dust and other whatnot pieces of dirt substances in that arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanTheMan View Post
    the chat guy told me to call them and i have don't have a warranty anymore. -_- so helpful
    Ditto.

Got a guy named Sabino who told me to go to a Sprint store. When I mentioned that the nearest store was not a service center, he pushed me to their "pay for support" voice line. When I asked if Palm could just ship the cover for me, he said no...because it was out of warranty.

I suppose it depends on who you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    It's not the same. When the cover on a Pre comes off, there is actually quite a large gap between the usb port and the case...and the interior of the phone is then quite exposed to potential contaminants.

Not sure how much it would bug me, but it's my daughter's Pre and she hates the missing cover...and it is yet another reason that she has really started to dislike the phone. My wife loves her Pre, but Palm has definitely lost my daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Ditto.

Got a guy named Sabino who told me to go to a Sprint store. When I mentioned that the nearest store was not a service center, he pushed me to their "pay for support" voice line. When I asked if Palm could just ship the cover for me, he said no...because it was out of warranty.

I suppose it depends on who you get.
    Weird, I got Sabino too! Three days ago. W T F! He sent me it no prob, and my phone is out of warranty too. Maybe he was told by his supervisor not to do it anymore.
    First thing I do when I get a Pre is pull that cover off. I may still have one if someone wants it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Go to this URL:

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Support Services

Choose CHAT NOW and you can chat with someone online.
    I'm wondering why it wants to install logmein rescue downloader for remote support?
    Global Posts
    2,153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    It's not the same. When the cover on a Pre comes off, there is actually quite a large gap between the usb port and the case...and the interior of the phone is then quite exposed to potential contaminants.

Not sure how much it would bug me, but it's my daughter's Pre and she hates the missing cover...and it is yet another reason that she has really started to dislike the phone. My wife loves her Pre, but Palm has definitely lost my daughter.
    I guess it depends on the model, Verizon vs Sprint, and how old it is. I have a VZW Pre Plus that is only a couple of weeks old. When I look at my USB port, I don't see any difference in the gap compared to my BB's.

There have been several posts from users removing their cover. I'm sure a friendly PM to one and they would send you their cover.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast