Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After the update my e-mail stays on my Pre even after they are pulled down off the server via Outlook. Has anyone had this issue?

Before the patch it worked flawlessly.
    I was going to start a new thread.

I cannot open my email at all!!!!!
    I see them listed but when I click on one to open and read it, nothing happens. It highlights but never opens.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I am going to try removing the account and setting it back up again to see if that helps.

EDIT: Nope! That did not work. Oh man this is bad. I rely on this for email..... I have to get it working.
    Last edited by Paladin; 11/16/2009 at 10:19 AM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Same here.. cannot open email HELLLP!!!!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I had exchange errors after the update.....kept getting a ssl certificate error...all i did was open my exchange server address in the browser and when i got the pop up asking to trust this certificate i said "always"........all email fine since.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Similar as original poster. I delete email on the server but it does not delete from my Pre inbox.

Sure would be nice to have simple features like "select all" or "mark all as read" right now.
    There's another thread located here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ny-emails.html

Looks like quite a few of us are having this problem. I removed my theme and ran EPR but it did not fix the problem. One user (something13) doctored his/her phone back to 1.2.1 and then updated back to 1.3.1 and said it did fix it. I'm hoping someone comes up with a fix before I take that step.
    I have same problems and need help.

First, I removed all patches manually before 1.3.1 update. Ran , installed, and added patches back.

Email shows but will NOT open, so removed all email patches and rebooted, nothing. Removed and installed one email account for experiment, not all 3, rebooted, nothing.

So I have no patches on email, everything worked perfectly until update. I decided to do this with all patches removed vs Palm forcing and phone not prepared.

Anyone, anything, I am NOT happy. Also battery life is declining faster, maybe becuase I am using more trying to make everything work.

Please help, I will gladly thank for your time!!
    My email also stays on the Pre after it is pulled from the server. I'm having to delete each one, then empty trash. Can this be fixed sometime soon? I haven't seen any other issues so far.
    I discovered the problem with not being able to open email. It was a preware patch I re-installed right after the OS install. I may have not updated the feeds before I installed it, I cannot remember. It was the patch called "Swap Reply2All for Move"

Just un-install that and you should be able to open your email again. I hope this helps someone.

BTW I made sure I updated the feeds and re-installed it and it seems to be causing the issue again. It is that for sure, at least for me.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I discovered the problem with not being able to open email. It was a preware patch I re-installed right after the OS install. I may have not updated the feeds before I installed it, I cannot remember. It was the patch called "Swap Reply2All for Move"

Just un-install that and you should be able to open your email again. I hope this helps someone.

BTW I made sure I updated the feeds and re-installed it and it seems to be causing the issue again. It is that for sure, at least for me.
    This was my experience too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    After I ran EPR and reinstalled patches, that one (and only that one) gave me an error and would not install. I believe that means there's something that didn't uninstall cleanly. I guess I'll have to wait for webOS doctor 1.3.1 and Jason's Repair Utility to clean it out. Attached is the error message I get if someone can help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    So I have tried deleting the POP account and re-installing, without any luck. The pre is still no longer deleting things from the inbox when they are deleted on the server. Anyone have any luck? This really seems to be slowing the email down.
    It's doing that to me too. Looks like this is happening for just POP accounts. EAS and gmail still sync as expected.
  14. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Similar as original poster. I delete email on the server but it does not delete from my Pre inbox.

Sure would be nice to have simple features like "select all" or "mark all as read" right now.
    There is a patch via Preware that can "mark all as read" and "delete all".
    Same here PALM (EMAIL SYNC BROKEN).

I have not placed any patches on my Pre but my email sync has broken. With all my emails (MSN email) deleted off of my email server and downloaded into my Outlook on my home PC, the email stays on my Palm Pre.

Please fix this ASAP.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    (off topic)
    is there anyway to change the email notification sound?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    How do I get this patch?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I had an online chat with Palm this morning about this issue. At first they seemed to think I just didn't understand how POP works. I was finally able to get through to them that this worked one way since the summer, and another way post-update. They said they would escalate, and would get back to me within 48 hours.

If it happens, I will report any and all results.
    I am also having problems keeping my POP email (mindspring.com) sync'ed. As described by multiple users above, WebOS does not seem to recognize when mail is taken off the server (delete, download, etc). This annoyance was introduced in WebOS 1.3.1.

I have seen a sync'ing problem with the Yahoo email support but I don't get enough mail there to accurately describe it yet.

I also agree with NMOREMAN (post 8), it does seem like the Pre's battery depletes more quickly now that WebOS 1.3.1 is on. It's been under a week with typical use and my battery is barely making it through the day.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    After seeing this thread, I guess it's no surprise that I am having the same issue with my Hotmail account.

I thought it had something to do with patches being installed when update came down (still don't know how that happened, as I never saw the update), but post 16 said they didn't have patches, so it must be an issue with the update. Hopefully they will have a fix soon. Luckily, not a huge deal for me as it's more of a junk email account for me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast