Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was nervous about the 1.3.1 update because I just started patching my phone the week before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but in the end, it went very smoothly.

I started by removing the 'Extract PDF Viewer Application' (and the PDF Viewer also by mistake ), and after that I ran the Emergency Patch Recovery from Preware, and although it took longer than I thought it would (which is me being used to more instantaneous feedback ), it did the trick.

I restarted my phone and ran Preware to ensure all of my patches were removed (which was over 30) and they in fact were all gone, so I then ran the 1.3.1 update. After the update I connected my phone to WebOS QI and started re-installing my patches. After I re-installed the ones WebOS could do, I finished using Preware to reload the rest, as well as reloading the PDF Viewer. When it was all said and done my phone was updated and I had all of my patches back, plus a few more I started using.

I am writing this to let people know that many of us had a smooth transition to the new update, and that the guys in development have done a FANTASTIC JOB making the patches ***** proof if you just follow their directions. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making our phones that much better and for making it possible to have a smooth update transition.
    Most people who take the time to read about what they are doing in respect to patches/tweaks will likely have the same results. My situation mirrored yours....complete smoothness.
    same no problems whatsoever. I love the patches, thanks to all the people that take time to make our phones better and give us options.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Most people who take the time to read about what they are doing in respect to patches/tweaks will likely have the same results. My situation mirrored yours....complete smoothness.
    mine too...also reinstalled theme no issues.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    So many people complain that WebOS should already have these features, but really, it took me less time to uninstall and reinstall the patches than it did to download and install the 1.3.1 update.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanTheMan View Post
    same no problems whatsoever. I love the patches, thanks to all the people that take time to make our phones better and give us options.
    Yep Same here. Not a single hitch!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Went through the process and had zero glitches as well.

I'm also not expecting any patches to work for a while so I'm holding off on reinstalling them.
    No glitches here! (Except for palm changing around an image or two for themes..)

Is there a "Thank all homebrew developers" button?

YOU GUYS ROCK!
    ran perfect for me too!
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    No issues here! Uninstalled the 2 patches I Had installed, update went fine.
    I used the EPR and updated my webOS. Simple. I will admit I didnt remove my theme but I ran webOSquickinstall and reverted back to the Pre theme and now all is well.
    Other than my battery life being horrible, everything else is running better. I also love the empty trash button they put in there. My trash folder had over 1250+ emails in it! Also the fact we could choose the time for our phones to lock is awesome.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    So, none of you are experiencing the failed link click issue? I especially notice it while browsing on this forum...
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Wish I could say I had a smooth transition... Im having lots of problems and i didnt even have patches..
    Working good here. Removed patches, updated, re-installed patches... no problems at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    So, none of you are experiencing the failed link click issue? I especially notice it while browsing on this forum...
    I honestly like that change. Saves me from misclicks and having to reload the page I was just on just to click off to another page. Clicks are normal everywhere else on the phone too.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I had a couple patches installed, wasn't at work near my cable...took the chance...update went fine...came in today - removed patches...everything seems to be well :-D
    Mine was smooth as silk. Removed patches and themes. Installed update, put patches and theme back on...back to work...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I only run 5 patches and now don't need the text forward patch. Removed all patches. Ran the update. It seemed to take a while but that was probably just my impatience. Put paches back in today and I'm happy again. Couldn't have been easier and better.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    I honestly like that change. Saves me from misclicks and having to reload the page I was just on just to click off to another page. Clicks are normal everywhere else on the phone too.
    On my phone it sometimes requires I click a link several times before it does anything (in the web browser). I know it's a good click because the link gets highlighted. I don't know how anyone could like that
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast