1.    #1  
    this saturday while checking out the new firmware, i noticed a hairline crack on the screen. i first thought it was just a hair, but on inspection its a crack coming from the usb door.

now it is getting longer, and i want to replace it.

whom should i call/go to? sprint or palm? and what should i expect with dealing with either of them.

also, when i get a new pre, what will the palm profile restore? and how does it restore?

thanks.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Take it to Sprint. Make sure you have a tech take a look at it. Don't let the sales person make you throw down $100 for insurance. They looked mine over and saw that it had no other indications of being dropped or mistreated and I had a refurb the next day for free.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattickus View Post
    Take it to Sprint. Make sure you have a tech take a look at it. Don't let the sales person make you throw down $100 for insurance. They looked mine over and saw that it had no other indications of being dropped or mistreated and I had a refurb the next day for free.
    i didnt even get that far. the tech said it was my fault this is happening because i used the usb door too hard (i rarely used the door). he said it wasnt a defect because it was my fault

he then showed me his pre had the same crack but smaller. he wouldnt budge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    that's a tough break Felipe. Are there places that repair Pres like how people repair iPhones? Like this place: www.inovagent.com/pda_and_smartphone_solutions iPhone repair, Blackberry repair, Palm Pre repair?

I know iPhones are very common so the aftermarket is well developed.

Does the phone work fine? I'd wait for it to impact how the thing works, while continuing to do regular backups, while you research this more.
    Last edited by OfficeLinebacker; 12/06/2009 at 01:27 AM.
    Is there another sprint store nearby? I've found that every rep there is different.. for example, One store will charge the 35 restock fee if i want to change my phone within 30 days, the other store would not.

Also, that flap to open confused me at first. I thought you needed to open from the bottom part that is sticking out, but really it's from the side. I was trying with a lot of force. I'd definitely argue your case there more!!