Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I used the EPR on my phone before upgrading to 1.3.1. I noticed that certain patches that were supposed to have been removed were still operating (call app closing on call end,etc.) So I decided to be done with all the issues and I used the WebOS Doctor to start from scratch. Guess what? The patches are still operating. Whats my next step?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    exactly my problem too. when i realize that problem I tried to remove them but the ERP program told me I had none to remove. ( I see them all on my phone) I actually tried to do the webdoctor but when the programs actually starts it first makes sure the phone is charge up (it is 100%) a few minutes later the program tells me the phone has disconnected and to click ok to retry.... After that the Computers USB ports don't work and need to reboot so that they do.... I cant even complete the webos doctor setup...... anyone have any ideas???? has anyone suffered the same problem?
    wow, glad I haven't patched
    wow, glad I haven't patched
    Which patches are still going through? Some of them add a preference that is saved as a cookie, so that when you restore from a backup, it brings across that preference. An example of that seems to be Enable LED Notifications. If you turn that to on, the preference is saved on when you restore.

Seems like maybe these are doing similarly for you. If you turn off your backup before webOS Doctoring, then you can start from scratch.

The reason we've never seen this before 1.3.1 is because it's only now saving user-preferences to the server... which is overall a good thing, but if you're having an issue with something it might cause a problem.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Which patches are still going through? Some of them add a preference that is saved as a cookie, so that when you restore from a backup, it brings across that preference. An example of that seems to be Enable LED Notifications. If you turn that to on, the preference is saved on when you restore.

Seems like maybe these are doing similarly for you. If you turn off your backup before webOS Doctoring, then you can start from scratch.

The reason we've never seen this before 1.3.1 is because it's only now saving user-preferences to the server... which is overall a good thing, but if you're having an issue with something it might cause a problem.
    well to start the battery indicator that once was an ICON of a battery and that I had patched to a percent number now only shows me the number without the % sign. I restarted the phone to factory defaults and still the number shows up.

Also the 4x4 v3 icons are present. I cant recall which other ones i had but just seengin these two after a clean start worries me.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

well to start the battery indicator that once was an ICON of a battery and that I had patched to a percent number now only shows me the number without the % sign. I restarted the phone to factory defaults and still the number shows up.

Also the 4x4 v3 icons are present. I cant recall which other ones i had but just seengin these two after a clean start worries me.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

I don't believe this to be true. I had the LED patch prior to 1.3.1. I also removed all of my patches prior to 1.3.1 upgrade using EPR including the LED patch but I never turned off the LED prior to removal. I then installed 1.3.1 and had mass battery drain as well as some other issues so I decided to webdoc back to 1.2.1. Then I installed 1.3.1. Not one of the patches i had installed showed up to include the LED patch. I had to install the patch again to get the LED working again.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rub2008 View Post

Then you didn't webdoc or you did it wrong. I had the same patches on and they didn't show up after I did webdoc back to 1.2.1 and then back to 1.3.1.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    here's my thing I cant webdoc into it to start from scratch. When I try that i start the process but then the error "Phone Disconnected" comes up and nothing after that.

I would love to start from scratch using the webdoc but I cant.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    here's my thing I cant webdoc into it to start from scratch. When I try it, I start the process fine but when i click next (at the point of no return - warning of losing all info) the system begins to show its charging my phone, it is during that itme that i get the error "Phone Disconnected" . After that i only have an option ot click ok and retry, but then none of my usb ports work and I have to restart my computer to start them up again.

Last edited by rub2008; 11/16/2009 at 12:47 AM. Reason: didnt make sense what I wronte
    Quote Originally Posted by rub2008 View Post
    here's my thing I cant webdoc into it to start from scratch. When I try it, I start the process fine but when i click next (at the point of no return - warning of losing all info) the system begins to show its charging my phone, it is during that itme that i get the error "Phone Disconnected" . After that i only have an option ot click ok and retry, but then none of my usb ports work and I have to restart my computer to start them up again.

yeah. I EPR, and some patches "appeared" to be there but EPR said all clear. i updated with no problems.

if you can't Web doc from where you are (in 1.21) I would try updating. maybe the 1.31 update will be a success and you can move forward. The
    worse is that you have to web doc because it didn't work.
    If webOS Doctor doesn't' recognize your phone, turn off the phone, hold the volume up button, and then plug in the USB cable.

If you're annoyed at getting some settings carried over after running webOS Doctor, turn off the Palm Backup before doing so. It'll redownload all your apps, but won't apply any settings or accounts.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I WANT to webdoc. But I cant. I have webos 1.3.1 on my phone and found the webdoc in the palm site for the 1.2.1 At this time I really dont know what to do next..... I guess I'll wait for the repair utility to come up or for the webdoc upgrade.

I just want to get things back to normal. I dont care if I have the previous os and have to upgrade agina just want things to work
    Last edited by rub2008; 11/16/2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: typing
    Charge it first.
    Restart computer.
    Start webdoc. dont plug in phone until said to do so.
    Plug in .. charge only.
    Charge it first.
    Restart computer.
    Start webdoc. dont plug in phone until said to do so.
    Plug in .. charge only.
  17.    #17  
    If webOS Doctor doesn't' recognize your phone, turn off the phone, hold the volume up button, and then plug in the USB cable.

If you're annoyed at getting some settings carried over after running webOS Doctor, turn off the Palm Backup before doing so. It'll redownload all your apps, but won't apply any settings or accounts.
    how do i turn off palm backup?
  18.    #18  

the patch that automatically closes my phone app once a conversation is over. there might be more but i havent noticed anything else yet.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    both JHOFF80 and IcerC helped out tremendously. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! I charged it all the way with the wall charger, and turned it off. I pushed volume up and plugged in the USB when it asked me to. It immediately went into a reboot of my phone and showed me the white arrow and a chip .............. SWEET!

It worked! I have ver 1.2.1 but its ok. i rather have that than a messed up 1.3.1 I will be doing the upgrade again before I apply any patches on. Oh a recommendation, I used Preware to load up all my patches. When I first loaded all of the patched (at once) from webos quick install i have to manually remove all the old ones and redo them again with preware... so just save your self some time and do it with Preware the first time. This of course if Jason hasn't updated the new 2.9 with the patches........

THANKS AGAIN all of you!
    Quote Originally Posted by wack0 View Post
    I used the EPR on my phone before upgrading to 1.3.1. I noticed that certain patches that were supposed to have been removed were still operating (call app closing on call end,etc.) So I decided to be done with all the issues and I used the WebOS Doctor to start from scratch. Guess what? The patches are still operating. Whats my next step?
    If you really did run the WebOS Doctor on your phone, then there is no possible way that any patches can still be applied, since the WebOS Doctor completely reflashed the phone.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast