Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you really did run the WebOS Doctor on your phone, then there is no possible way that any patches can still be applied, since the WebOS Doctor completely reflashed the phone.
    Like mentioned above, I've seen some settings persist after using webOS Doctor. The patches themselves are gone of course, but something that they do is being backed up by Palm (I assume in the cookies). Another example is the "Call Duration in Call Log" patch, which if you webOS Doctor your phone will stick around.

The only way to get rid of things like this is to turn off Palm's Backup, which will then delete the version on the server and you can fully start fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Like mentioned above, I've seen some settings persist after using webOS Doctor. The patches themselves are gone of course, but something that they do is being backed up by Palm (I assume in the cookies). Another example is the "Call Duration in Call Log" patch, which if you webOS Doctor your phone will stick around.

The only way to get rid of things like this is to turn off Palm's Backup, which will then delete the version on the server and you can fully start fresh.
    It is definitely possible that Patches that modify database files that are backed up by Palm, and which do not undo that modification on removal of the patch, can cause the modified database to be retrieved from backup.

If that's what this thread is about, then the title should be changed.

Any patch which does not clean up after itself when removed should be reported to the patch maintainer so they can be fixed. Too many people only think about the installation part of the patching lifecycle, and forget about the updating and removal parts.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    rwhitby is completely correct. I too had some patches still present after I formated the phone but when I ran the WebosDr it completely cleared EVERYTHING from my phone, including my stored files in the USB. I'me very happy to know that if and when I screw up something I can just re-flash it and start over again. NICE!

thanks again all for your help!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12