Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 98
  1. dgcamero's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone noticed a noticeable decrease in Pandora's sound quality since the update to 1.3.1? With high quality audio selected it was pretty decent (but poorly equalized - very easy fix in my car at least) and now the equalization is better but it sounds as bad as a 64 kbps mp3 from 1997, so bad that I can't even stand to listen to it anymore.

    The treble also cracks, distorts, and pops -- didn't do this before and doesn't do this with the built in music player.

    Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this or is mine an anomaly?
  2. #2  
    Here's a thought: be sure your pre's volume isn't set too high when playing thru car o/w it will distort. Use the car radio's volume instead to make it louder??

    Haven't noticed any problems with 1.3.1 but will keep an eye out for this.
  3. #3  
    Uh-oh. I won't know 'till I drive to work in a few hours. That sux. Sorry, but I hope it's just you, because i breathe Pandora on my daily commute.
  4. #4  
    Mine seems to be working just as good if not better.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  5. #5  
    I had some initial problems with both Pandora and Remix, but it seemed to clear up after a second boot.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  6. #6  
    no problems here
  7. #7  
    ok ok. Starting to feel a little better about my ride in the morning...
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/15/2009 at 11:49 PM.
  8. #8  
    Updated last night, hit the gym for 2 hours in the afternoon. Had pandora playing the whole time, no issues at all.
  9. #9  
    Sound quality has always been poor, now it sounds even worse, no mids and def no lows
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Sound quality has always been poor, now it sounds even worse, no mids and def no lows
    starting to feel jittery again...
  11. dgcamero's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
       #11  
    To me, it's like the treble disappeared and what treble they left became garbled. Previously I turned the bass and midrange up about 60% and treble down about 40% (on the car stereo) and that made the response pretty much flat --- now it seems to be less peaky, but I can't get it corrected to sound decent.

    I always use the next to highest volume setting, and the built in music player from my good mp3s sounds great, so it shouldn't be the phone itself I think...arg
  12. Zaki's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    #12  
    Seems to be running fine for me. (had me scared for a while, Pandora is my most used app)
  13. #13  
    It seemed worse over bluetooth this morning, but now the headphones sound back to normal. I won't get to try the bluetooth/car combo until Friday, but I'm doing better, now.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  14. #14  
    You are right, the compression artifacts are horrible. The bitrate is definately lower now. Every song seems to be clipping the highs as well (probably due to low bitrate and poor compression). I tried switching the "high quality" setting back and forth and restarting pandora but it does not seem to make a difference. I wonder if 1.3.1 broke the "high quality" toggle in the prefs. menu.
  15. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #15  
    Mine still sounds great with "Higher Quality..." enabled.
  16. dgcamero's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
       #16  
    Well I went by the Sprint Store the other day to try this out with their 2 Pres (Pry?) and they also sound like trash. What's amazing is that lower quality audio manages to sound even worse (think AM radio in a 1962 VW Beetle). I think the higher quality is similar to what the lower quality setting used to be (so kind of like the factory 8-track player in a 1975 Chrysler Cordoba).

    Store said they'd exchange the phone but I told them not to bother because its a problem with the software. Called Palm and they blame it on Pandora.

    I suggest everyone emailing Pandora at pandora-support-at-pandora.com and telling them that Pandora now sounds horrible after upgrading your Palm Pre to WebOS 1.3.1. Pandora probably has nothing to do with this, I'm sure its just Sprint's network being overloaded with Preople playing too much Pandora so they reduced the allocated bandwidth in the Sprint config 2.0. Unacceptable! If they can't get this fixed I want a refund (or *cringe* a Hero [yikes - assuming Pandora sounds good there]).
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcamero View Post
    Well I went by the Sprint Store the other day to try this out with their 2 Pres (Pry?) and they also sound like trash. What's amazing is that lower quality audio manages to sound even worse (think AM radio in a 1962 VW Beetle). I think the higher quality is similar to what the lower quality setting used to be (so kind of like the factory 8-track player in a 1975 Chrysler Cordoba).

    Store said they'd exchange the phone but I told them not to bother because its a problem with the software. Called Palm and they blame it on Pandora.

    I suggest everyone emailing Pandora at pandora-support-at-pandora.com and telling them that Pandora now sounds horrible after upgrading your Palm Pre to WebOS 1.3.1. Pandora probably has nothing to do with this, I'm sure its just Sprint's network being overloaded with Preople playing too much Pandora so they reduced the allocated bandwidth in the Sprint config 2.0. Unacceptable! If they can't get this fixed I want a refund (or *cringe* a Hero [yikes - assuming Pandora sounds good there]).
    Why would you assume it's a network issue, say it needs to be resolved by Sprint, but then also make an assumption that Pandora may sound better on the Hero on the same network? This isn't a Sprint issue, that's for sure.
    Pandora likely changed things on their own.
  18. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #18  
    Mine works fine....I use the bluetooh in my car and all sounds fine....
  19. dgcamero's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
       #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Mine works fine....I use the bluetooh in my car and all sounds fine....
    As in it sounds identical to the way it sounded before?
  20. #20  
    Walked to work this morning jammin' to my Frank Sinatra channel and it sounded as good as ever. I don't know what problems others are having, but 1.3.1 didn't break my Pandora.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions