Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcamero View Post
    Nice to know that Pandora is trying to correct the problem.
    That email never exactly said that or anything even that close. All it said was they got some complaints.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/24/2009 at 05:00 AM.
    mine still sounds good, no difference. I have it set to high quality and have version 1.0.0 of Pandora.
    Mine doesnt sound good at all either. Im not sure if Im just noticing it or it was like this the whole time. I play mine through the audio jack in my car and it just always sounds so low. Theres no bass or anything. I usually end up just going back to my cd player.
    I have tried Pandora under several different situations...and all sound GREAT. I am not having a problem..

1) I have hte Motorola M-505 (I think) that has the FM transmitter that takes the Bluetooth Stereo and transmits it to my stereo...I use this ALL the time in my car for music and phone calls....quality is great unless the FM station I am using is a bad pick.

2) I have a Omnitech speakerball that I got at Staples. I use this when at my desk...surprisingly, the sound is very good..

3) Using a set of Memorex Earbuds..not the most expensive, but they sound awesome too....

I really think your quality issue is tied to the devices that you are using to hear the music, or your phone signal. I have found that when my signal strength is love, the music quality is not as good.

...my 10-cent opinion....
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dremon21 View Post
    Mine doesnt sound good at all either. Im not sure if Im just noticing it or it was like this the whole time. I play mine through the audio jack in my car and it just always sounds so low. Theres no bass or anything. I usually end up just going back to my cd player.
    For whatever it's worth, the only time I've ever had a problem with
    no bass is when I forget to turn the Pre's volume all the way up
    while it's plugged into whatever adapter I'm using.

ian
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions JaxDreamFunding and Daemon, but not related to either the speakers or the signal strength here. Pandora on Pre used to sound essentially exactly like it did on my iPhone, and listening to them back to back it simply doesn't sound anywhere near as good now, with the HQ audio setting turned on on both of them.
    No one is talking about the elephant in the room... 1.3.1. They did something once again to the sounds. I had to change my email notification because the sound I had craps out right in the middle and my SMS sound doesn't play at all. The South Park Soundboard audio craps out as well. There is also a thread about the navigation sounds as well. All of these problems crept up after the last update...
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    That's nice, but there's no reasonable correlation between those
    type of missing or corrupted notification problems and ongoing
    quality of streaming audio. Add to that, the fact that for many
    of us Pandora quality is still just fine, as opposed to the other bugs
    which are broken for everyone, and I don't think there's any connection
    to those other sound problems.

ian
    I actually thought it sounded better with the new release for 1.1.3 ... go figure . Probably just placebo effect since I assumed they must have done *something* to justify an update in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxDreamFunding View Post
    I have tried Pandora under several different situations...and all sound GREAT. I am not having a problem..

1) I have hte Motorola M-505 (I think) that has the FM transmitter that takes the Bluetooth Stereo and transmits it to my stereo...I use this ALL the time in my car for music and phone calls....quality is great unless the FM station I am using is a bad pick.

2) I have a Omnitech speakerball that I got at Staples. I use this when at my desk...surprisingly, the sound is very good..

3) Using a set of Memorex Earbuds..not the most expensive, but they sound awesome too....

I really think your quality issue is tied to the devices that you are using to hear the music, or your phone signal. I have found that when my signal strength is love, the music quality is not as good.

...my 10-cent opinion....

Well if I was transmitting audio over FM previously I might not have noticed the degradation in sound quality. (FM transmitters can only sound as good as FM radio - not to mention that your sound went through bluetooth audio [bound to be, at the very least, a small amount of sound compression / loss there - tho I have very little A2DP experience] first and then is further compressed into an FM stream). Some people also think satellite radio sounds great - it's horribly compressed.

I always used my car's aux input cable which sounds fantastic with my music player's MP3s and used to sound great with Pandora (albeit with some serious equalization). It's just not appropriate that we're still paying a premium for a premium device that started out with good Pandora and then had the good Pandora taken away.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Has anyone who has been experiencing crappy sound quality tried reinstalling Pandora? Mine sounded bad also, like Higher Quality Audio was set to Off even though it was set to On. Because of a botched patch installation I had to WebOS Doctor my phone. The next time I listened to Pandora it sounded bad and I was disappointed until I noticed that Higher Quality Audio was set to Off. I switched it back to On and Pandora sounded how I am used to it sounding, decent but not great.

It makes me wonder if something got unintentionally changed with a Pandora update or something because reinstalling Pandora solved the issue for me. I don't think reloading WebOS had anything to do with it but I could be wrong.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I have uninstalled Pandora and reinstalled it, I tried turning off roaming, high quality audio is on. Arg still!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I ran webos Doctor on the phone and reinstalled everything...... Still same horrible quality. I think that everyone here saying that there is no change just cant hear the difference. It is mainly in the high frequencies like the cymbals etc. If you listen in your car and switch back and forth to a CD it makes it that much more terrible! Please lets figure this out!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Nothing at Pandora or mp3 level of compression is ever going to sound
    exactly like a CD so if that's your basis for comparison then you've
    set yourself up for failure. I have however listened to several tracks
    on one of my Pandora stations, swapping back and forth with 160kbps
    mp3s of the same tracks, and they sound *the same*. As I said
    above, the highs are clear and clean, and the cymbals are fine. Although
    cymbals are always problem for mp3-style compression so
    compared to a CD you might hear a difference. The sound quality
    of Pandora has not changed with 1.3.1. Maybe try wiping out
    and re-installing Pandora itself, as suggested earlier, rather than the OS.

ian
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Negative. I get AWESOME quality on my Palm Pre with 1.3.1
    I agree. The sound quality is very poor. I will that they would develope a patch that buts in a equalizer in Remix and Pandora.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Mince sounds just as good as it did before. Like said above, it will never sounds like CD, or even like a lot of MP3's depending on the bitrate and quality, but Pandora is what plays in my truck more than anything these days.

Sprint Nav. audio is a whole other screwed up mess now.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'd be happy if I could just pause pandora with the answer button on my earphones like it used to.
    *** is up with that? I hate having to take my earphones out everytime somone says something to me at work.
    I emailed pandora and they sent me a link:

http://pandora.debug.s3.amazonaws.co...ull-64kbps.mp4

and asked me if it sounded bad. I told them yes. Lossy encoding schemes (.mp3, .mp4) may never sound as good as CDs, but they can definately be good enough. In my opinion, anything under 128kbps is good for only spoken content (Audio books, talk radio) and not music. It appears that the stream is at 64kbps. I have a hard time assigning 64kbps .mp4 to "High Quality". The compression artifacts are horrendous; especially in the higher frequencies. I hope this changes, but I have a feeling one of the reasons I got my pre is now unusable.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    While that may be true, it didn't change with 1.3.1.

ian
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast