Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Hello, I've had my Pre since day 1 and love it. what I love more about it is the developers that made the Pre so much more fun. Thanks to you guys. And now for my big problem. I updated the OS to 1.3.1 and somehow got the Rom error message. Not the end of the world. I ran WebOS Doctor and went back to 1.2.1 and then ran the 1.3.1 update flawlessly. I want to get PreWare back on the phone but when trying to run WebOSQuickinstall, I get an error like it cant see my device. It is telling me to connect the device and hit OK. I did that and get an error like it cant find my device. I put the device in dev mode and connected vioa usb and clicked the just charge button. What more can I try? I am so bummed that I cant go get all the patches and apps I had prior to this fiasco. Someone pelase help. Thank you
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I had a similar issue...connect device and hit ok...to no avail. So I figured I'd start from scratch. I re-downloaded WebOSQuickinstall and checked to see if my JAVA version was up to date, it was not. Downloaded the latest build version of JAVA and I was off and running. Only some of the patches I tried to re-add worked, but WebOSQuickinstall connected just fine. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Thanks but I tried something else which got me up and running. I downloaded the latest Sprint WebOS Doctor and extracted the novacmd service .msi I ran that and all started working well. For some strange reason my novacom service was not starting up.. It took hours of frustration to get myself fixed up. Thanks for your input though