Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Updated to 1.3.1 and now it continually asks for my password.I get "Login credentials rejected" I tried deleting the account and adding it back. Any ideas?
    I know this isn't going to be of much help to you but I updated to 1.3.1 and didn't even have to re-setup my EAS. Are you sure it's set to "EAS"? What are your account settings?
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Im having the same issue.
    I didn't have the problem after the update, but it was afterthe partial erase I did to resolve my download issue (wouldn't let me download from App Catalog; said I didn't have enough space). Took me all day to figure it out. Make sure your protocol is set to EAS (like trodecke mentioned), if not you MUST delete the exchange account and re-configure it. That's the only way it will work, as you won't be able to change from POP to EAS without this.

like I said it took me all day, and I am one of the IT guys at work. Go fig!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    It is set to EAS. I have deleted and added the account several times. It works for awhile and then I get the notification about the password rejected. I'll keep working on it.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Try it with and without a domain name..
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrrl View Post
    It is set to EAS. I have deleted and added the account several times. It works for awhile and then I get the notification about the password rejected. I'll keep working on it.
    I don't know if it's related, but I'm getting the same thing with my google account. It keeps rejecting my password, but I'm still getting emails and I have all my contacts. More just annoying than anything else since the notification won't go away. It just pops back up after I swipe it.
    I am seeing this behavior as well ever since updating to 1.3.1. I'm only seeing it on my Exchange account, though, not my gmail. Basically, it complains about my password and won't get email from it until I 'update' my password -- I put the same one in every time. It works for awhile, then the 'credentials rejected' message comes back, and it doesn't update my inbox until I repeat the process of updating my password. I am set for EAS.

I'm thinking that maybe there's some kind of session timeout, and that maybe in 1.3.1 there are new EAS security rules requiring fresh login, and it doesn't accept stored passwords (it needs to be freshly input). If it was the Outlook client or the WebMail client, there would be a simple pop-up box requesting the password, but on the Pre it simply says that the credentials are rejected... Just a thought...
    Last edited by sauravkghosh; 11/16/2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: addendum
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    We have 4 Pre's here and they are all doing the same thing. We have tried many different ideas but none work. Seems to be a bug in 1.3.1. We are running MS Exchange 2007 SP2. Hope they fix this soon. This is kinda a big deal for business users.
    Had the same issue here. I eventually reset my windows password after it locked my account. I know I typed the right password in.

Tried without the domain, domain/username and the standard tricks. Once I reset my windows password, no problems.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks, we'll try it out and let you know if it works for us.
    I am having the same EAS password issue since I upgraded to WebOS 1.3.1. let me know if you changing your password fixes the issue.
    I was having the same issue. I chatted with palm support three times, each time they had me try something new but with no resolution. The last thing they wanted me to do was download WEBos Doctor and wipe the device to factory settings. I decided to try a few things on my own and may have resolved the issue. Please try and advise if it works for you. After the update I was forced to change my pin to a longer pin and shortly thereafter I started getting the same exchange message that you are getting. I just changed from the pin to password and everything seems to be working and I have not gotten that message in over an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by lleffas View Post
    I was having the same issue. I chatted with palm support three times, each time they had me try something new but with no resolution. The last thing they wanted me to do was download WEBos Doctor and wipe the device to factory settings. I decided to try a few things on my own and may have resolved the issue. Please try and advise if it works for you. After the update I was forced to change my pin to a longer pin and shortly thereafter I started getting the same exchange message that you are getting. I just changed from the pin to password and everything seems to be working and I have not gotten that message in over an hour.
    Got the message again. Didn't fix the problem as I had hoped
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Yup, it didn't work here.
    Man...same thing here. Finally got WebOS Doc to work and now Exchange is borked. My problem is that I can't get it to use EAS and it is now stuck on IMAP.
    Hmm...going into the calendar app and adding the account after deleting from mail seems to help. At least it lets me choose EAS now. Gonna see if it lets me in and shows up in mail as well.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Seems that this is known issue. I just hope they are working on it. There are posts over at the Palm Community Forums.

forums.palm.com/palm/board?board.id=webossoftware]webOS Software - Palm Support Community
    I'm having the same issue in 1.3.1 - and it was working perfectly prior to the upgrade.

I did a not-very-helpful chat with Palm and they pointed me to their knowledge base article 71050 (this is only my 2nd post in 5 years, so it won't let me paste the link).

I was able to have our Exchange admins try this, and it didn't change anything. It seems like the Pre wants (or at least wanted in 1.2.0) Exchange to push some parameters down, even if it is going to ignore them. Odd.

I'll delete the account and set it up again to see if that helps.

For everyone else, if you get the credentials error, just click on the error message, then do the back swipe when you get to the setup screen to exit out. It will work for a while. You don't even have to retype your password. Not ideal, but less annoying than retyping every time.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this wasn't tested very well? I'm starting to have serious concerns about the software upgrade push capabilities in the Pre.

Also...

I've changed the password, deleted the account twice, rebooted the phone, etc.

rposa - have you had any luck with/without the domain? I've never put one in and it always worked that way. I'll give that a try next. I think the only fix to this will be 1.3.2!

update #2 - I deleted the account and added it back with the domain info - no change

What other suggestions are people getting from their chat sessions with Palm? I've got a great IT team, so I can try almost any config changes with Exchange.
    Last edited by JoeLA; 11/19/2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: more info (again)
    I have tried everything you have and more. I went so far as to delete my exchange account, download WEBos doctor and wipe the device back to original settings, change my password on exchange and reconfigure exchange on the device. Nothing has worked so far. I don't believe it is our problem or a configuration problem, I believe it is poor programming and crappy testing on Palm's part and it will probably take, as you said, 1.3.2 to fix the problem. This is rough on their business customers and palm is not gaining any respect from me or anyone else having this problem with their lack of response regarding the issue. I am extremely disappointed with this first update. Anyone else feeling the same way???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast