Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lleffas View Post
    I have tried everything you have and more. I went so far as to delete my exchange account, download WEBos doctor and wipe the device back to original settings, change my password on exchange and reconfigure exchange on the device. Nothing has worked so far. I don't believe it is our problem or a configuration problem, I believe it is poor programming and crappy testing on Palm's part and it will probably take, as you said, 1.3.2 to fix the problem. This is rough on their business customers and palm is not gaining any respect from me or anyone else having this problem with their lack of response regarding the issue. I am extremely disappointed with this first update. Anyone else feeling the same way???
    lleffas - I couldn't agree more. I'm very disappointed not only in Palm releasing a build that breaks the single most important thing my Pre does for me, which is Exchange Mail, and then won't confirm the issue is their doing. My chat with Palm was frustrating to say the least. To be directed to a note about 1.2.0 for a problem that arose with 1.3.1 is peculiar, and the result was as expected - no change. Like many in this forum, I've gone from a Visor Deluxe to a Palm 5 to a Treo 300, 600, 650, 755 and now a Pre. Since three of four Pre's on my account have had to be replaced in the last month for hardware issues, and now this... I'm thinking Android, unfortunately. I've had iPhones and Blackberries and haven't been entirely happy with either. The Pre in my opinion has by far the best user interface and best form factor, but looking good while keeping me from getting my mail just doesn't cut it. Has anyone tried a downgrade to solve this yet?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    We have found out that Palm only tested with Exchange 2007 SP1 and did not test against SP2. This is where the problem is. So if your running SP2 yur out of luck until they fix it and send out a fix, next week, month????
    That's pretty weak of Palm to have let this slip through, in my opinion. SP2 is three months old tomorrow. It may not be the smartest thing to jump to a new Exchange build the day it comes out, but I'd think many systems were upgraded after the first 30 days for sure.

Our Exchange version is 2007 SP2, which is consistent with your explanation.

Can everyone else confirm that they're only seeing this issue with SP2? If so, that should certainly point Palm in the right direction for a quick fix.
    Well it isn't only Exchange 2007 SP?; mines been toast since I did the update last Friday and we are running Exchange 2003 with the latest updates.
    This is the first issue I have had with my Pre since I got it on release day.
    I am the Exchange IT guy and have not yet found a resolution for this.
    If it does not come soon then it's eBay time for this Pre and on to a new HTC with Windows Mobile (Ouch because I really like this Pre)!!!
    I didn't have a problem with EAS but I did loose several Tweaks and had trouble re-setting them but after several attempts and error messages I think I got them back. However, now I can not turn off the Pre even though the buttons come up to do so, when I select Power Off/Replace Battery it just sits there.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I just got another pre and immediately update to 1.3.1 I was having issues getting my exchange to work. It worked in 1.2.1. I downgraded back to 1.2.1 then fixed my exchange issues and the upgraded to 1.3.1 again and all is fine.
    *****SOLUTION****
    Hi All - I wanted to post my findings after experiencing the same issue you all had after upgrading to 1.3.1 with exchange active sync. So I had the same issue with Exchange active sync post the 1.3.1 upgrade where I would sync for about 5-10 min and then get "Logon Credentials Rejected". I would then have to go to the logon profile pretend to update my password (but not) and then start the cycle over. Working in information security I suspected the authentication hand shake as this is a typical issue we see with a system that has the wrong system time using kerberos.

Solution - Go to your Application (Launcher) menu and go to your system applications. Choose "Date and Time". For Sprint users in the U.S. I am willing to bet that your Network time zone is set to "On" and it is set to the right time zone just for Canada. YOU NEED TO TURN IT OFF AND MANUALLY SELECT THE U.S. CITY REPRESENTATION OF YOUR TIME ZONE. I am in southeast Wisconsin so I chose Chicago (CST). Looks like Palm may have been catering to Bell for the 1.3.1 push out for some reason or got the packages mixed up. The network time may be right and even the time zone but I suspect that Exchange doesn't like the fact that your device is pointing to a Canadian time zone even if it is the correct one. I made this change at 1:30pm (cst) today and have been error free through this very moment. Good Luck and I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by weisstar View Post
    *****SOLUTION****
    Hi All - I wanted to post my findings after experiencing the same issue you all had after upgrading to 1.3.1 with exchange active sync. So I had the same issue with Exchange active sync post the 1.3.1 upgrade where I would sync for about 5-10 min and then get "Logon Credentials Rejected". I would then have to go to the logon profile pretend to update my password (but not) and then start the cycle over. Working in information security I suspected the authentication hand shake as this is a typical issue we see with a system that has the wrong system time using kerberos.

Solution - Go to your Application (Launcher) menu and go to your system applications. Choose "Date and Time". For Sprint users in the U.S. I am willing to bet that your Network time zone is set to "On" and it is set to the right time zone just for Canada. YOU NEED TO TURN IT OFF AND MANUALLY SELECT THE U.S. CITY REPRESENTATION OF YOUR TIME ZONE. I am in southeast Wisconsin so I chose Chicago (CST). Looks like Palm may have been catering to Bell for the 1.3.1 push out for some reason or got the packages mixed up. The network time may be right and even the time zone but I suspect that Exchange doesn't like the fact that your device is pointing to a Canadian time zone even if it is the correct one. I made this change at 1:30pm (cst) today and have been error free through this very moment. Good Luck and I hope this helps.
    Sadly - this didn't work for me. How about everyone else? Any luck?
    OK, I have been dealing with this exact same problem for a week and THANK GOD I found some other people with the same problem. I did a search several days back, found nothing, created a new thread, and was beginning to think it was on the IT side of things.

I just tried the time zone fix and will report back.

One other question - is everyone else getting similar password prompts on their Outlook?
    Time zone fix DOES NOT WORK.
    By the way, where is this issue being tracked by Palm? I don't see it on here.

webOS Software - Palm Support Community
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. This is a real pain as I am also getting locked out the Exchange server with MacOS Mail.app and Windoze Lookout. I don't know that the Pre is causing the lockouts, but this cannot be a coincidence.

I can sometimes get the password to work by re-entering it -- just doing the save gesture does not do it. This needs to be fixed ASAP or I will have to disable activesync to use email and Lookout.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me but I fixed the issue....

Today I received a replacement pre from sprint and the 1st thing I did was update to 1.3.1 after the update I had the same problem with all my email accounts where the login was rejected. I did a hard / full reset from the device info menu, and when the phone restarted up I was able to access all the accounts by entering the passwords to each account at the main start up screen.
    Has anyone figured this out? I am about to go take my Pre back to the Sprint store and demand my money back if they can't fix this. This isn't about not enabling extended functionality - it's about breaking basic functionality that was a primary motivator for my buying the Pre in the first place! If they can't fix it they need to take it back.
    Well I think I may be eating my words on this one.

After almost 2 straight days of having IT look over my computer into the network authentication problems I've been having, it was found that for some reason, software I had installed to regularly backup my work files (SyncBack) had stored my old login credentials and kept sending them to the server every 10 minutes...thus creating account lockouts.

I had removed the Exchange acct from my Pre more than a week ago to try eliminating variables. As soon as I uninstalled Syncback everything stopped. This morning I added my Exchange account back in and I've had no problems.

So, short version for anyone else with this problem:

*Try removing Syncback if you use it
    *Try removing any other additional software that could have stored your credentials
    *Try deleting other windows stored passwords using this command from the "Run" dialog box: "rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr" (no quotes, all together).

Hope this helps someone else.
    Has anyone heard anything about this issue from Palm? I start my first oncall rotation in Jan. and there is no way I can work oncall with this EAS password problem.
    I've been calling without any success. This is the last post on Palm's forum from 12/2 (now a week ago):

"Thanks to all who have contributed, we was able to collect a fairly large sampling of log files and have a few test accounts to test various modifications on. We are actively researching the issue and hope to have a fix available in a future webOS update."

forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=Synergy&thread.id=6124&view=by_date_ascending&page=4

I was ready for a phone that launched with some issues, but for Palm to break a working phone on me is truly not something I find acceptable. I already returned one Pre due to a hardware failure, and then they broke the Exchange connection, and now I seem to be having a second hardware failure. Hopefully, I'll swap to yet another physical device then WebOS Doctor it back to 1.2.1 and see if I can keep 1.3.1 off of it until the next rev is released. Has anyone done this yet, and if so, any issues doing it?

Overall, I have to say I'm deeply disappointed in Palm's response on this one. The iTunes nonsense is one thing, but there are more than a few Exchange servers out there - they should have seen this before releasing 1.3.1, and should have given us an expedited fix by now. So at this point, my not-so-smartphone can't really handle my email or phone calls. My good old 755p is starting to look good again. Goodlink on a 755p was rock solid for me. Of course, so was 1.2.1 on my Palm Pre.
    Do you know if your servers are running any kind of load balancers or security/proxy servers? There might be some kind of session timeout causing problems for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Do you know if your servers are running any kind of load balancers or security/proxy servers? There might be some kind of session timeout causing problems for the Pre.
    Yes - we're using MS Network Load Balancing - have you seen this as a related issue? I can easily rebuild my Palm setup to go directly to a Client Access Server and bypass the load balancer. Stay tuned for results....

Update: No change... I deleted the old Exchange setup and added a new one pointing directly to the CAS and not the load balancer - it still exhibits the same issue. I still like this line of thinking, though - something has to explain why this isn't affecting everyone.
    Last edited by JoeLA; 12/09/2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: update with results of test
    There are people that don't have this issue?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast