1.    #1  
    Hi guys. I've been asking (begging) for an SSH app for a while now, and of course plan to continue until I see one. I've even eMailed the PuTTY guys (no response, of course).

So for all the fine developers perusing this forum, does the current SDK even have what's needed to code a functional SSH application?

If that answer is yes (I hope it is, I just don't wanna wait), get to codin'!!

Thanks, and have a lovely evening.

One last note. Please no "just root and homebrew your life away" posts. I'm looking for an app... period.

mkaythankyoubuhbye
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    um...maybe you should start learning to either:
    1) Learn to program an app yourself; or
    2) Start supporting a dev with $$$$$ so they will do what you 'order' them to do...

you can add your post to ANY of the previous 'App Request' entries already ON the forum withouth gumming up yet another post with a repetitively redundant request...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    um...maybe you should start learning to either:
    1) Learn to program an app yourself; or
    2) Start supporting a dev with $$$$$ so they will do what you 'order' them to do...

you can add your post to ANY of the previous 'App Request' entries already ON the forum withouth gumming up yet another post with a repetitively redundant request...
    1. No time to learn another environment; would rather pay someone else.
    2. Not going to randomly throw money at a developer in hopes they'll write an SSH app.

It wasn't an order, either. It was a question. Thank you for your needless negative comments. Have a nice evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Hi guys. I've been asking (begging) for an SSH app for a while now, and of course plan to continue until I see one. I've even eMailed the PuTTY guys (no response, of course).

So for all the fine developers perusing this forum, does the current SDK even have what's needed to code a functional SSH application?

If that answer is yes (I hope it is, I just don't wanna wait), get to codin'!!

Thanks, and have a lovely evening.

One last note. Please no "just root and homebrew your life away" posts. I'm looking for an app... period.

mkaythankyoubuhbye
    There is not enough functionality exposed by the official Palm SDK to create an SSH application. So you will never see one in the Palm App Catalog.

However, if you install Preware, you then gain the ability to install advanced homebrew applications that can do things that you cannot do with the official Palm APIs. Such as the Terminal application, which can then run an ssh client.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals