Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    um I have the extended battery and I get 3 hours life out of my battery after the 1.31 update. Can I flash back to the previous version?
    The Helen Keller of Treo Central
    That is intense. I have the standard battery, and now I barely can make it half a day. No IM clients open, no cards open, WiFi off. I used to get a whole day out of my Pre. I am waiting to see if that recalibration thing is true to hold off, but if that isn't the case I am not sure what else I can do.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    now that i think of it, i barely used my phone today and unplugged it at 1 pm and its at 16% at 10 pm. i was in a bad coverage at one point in the day though.
    you can using webdoctor (erases completely to 1.2.1) but at least within a week palm WILL force you to update.

Only way to not update is to change the code in terminal but everyone I talked with doesn't recommend it.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Did you setup a Yahoo account?...I found that when i did it my battery died quickly because it was in a loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    now that i think of it, i barely used my phone today and unplugged it at 1 pm and its at 16% at 10 pm. i was in a bad coverage at one point in the day though.
    I am not sure if the coverage is the issue. I have an airwave in my house and my battery life is still pretty awful. Could it be the GPS? Anyone out there doing any tests with the GPS?
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Eh, the Pre battery was good for drainage in the first place, even with an extended life. All smartphones tend to do this. As for not even getting a whole day that sucks but thats why I have at least 2 or 3 fully charged batteries in my purse at all times. I don't really have to worry about my battery dying and if it does i just change it. I shouldn't have to do it but for now thats what I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessef View Post
    Did you setup a Yahoo account?...I found that when i did it my battery died quickly because it was in a loop.
    nope no yahoo here and my battery seems worse. also the lag seems that there is a something running taking up major resources.
    Battery is noticably worse and I am experiencing lag. Not happy
    There is no spoon
    my battery seems like it lasts longer. can use it alot throughout the day and still lasts
    Sounds like the Pre just isn't reading your battery capacity correctly and is shutting down early to be safe.
    I'll add my say to this as well - definite and very noticeable decrease in battery life since the update for me too.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I haven't had that much noticeable difference, but please leave some more comments later saying whether or not the drainage is still occurring.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, one thing I have noticed after each update was that if there were any App updates that I hadn't updated, the battery would drain faster. Once I updated the App, the battery went back to what it was before.

I have stock Pre, no homebrew.

Also, if you add Yahoo, check your yahoo account on your computer to make sure the AIM is off online as well as your phone. I found that out with my gmail account. Once I signed off googletalk on my computer, my battery life increased.

Oh and I updated network settings and PRL...now is 60657
    Last edited by poidogger; 11/15/2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: network settings & PRL
    My battery life went to complete garbage also...all I did was set up Yahoo messenger and it went to crap. My battery monitor reported an hourly loss last night of around 5.5% the phone was completely idle with nothing running
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

same here i unplugged my phone @ 11 am and did some light texting and browsing and i'm at 22% and i have the 2600 mhz extended battery which normally would be @ 50% and my handset is sloww. 1.3.1 what gives?
    no yahoo here same battery life maybe its yahoo
    I added yahoo but don't leave messager connected and my battery life is not good since 1.3.1. I'm betting its something to do with Yahoo. If it doesn't improve next step will be to remove yahoo accounts.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I didn't add yahoo and never did or will and my battery life has dropped dramatically as well. Something isn't right....
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    We go through this same saga after every update. Ignore what you think you're seeing
    and be patient. Let the battery go through 3-4 full charge/discharge cycles (let it run
    most of the way down each time) before you draw any conclusions. The battery gauge
    calibration is always wrong after every update and it takes a few days for it to sort itself
    out again.

Some people see extraordinarily low drain, some extraordinarily high, some see it
    appear to die when the % is high. Some see it not able to charge fully,
    or get stuck at 100% for an hour or so after taking off the charger.
    All consistent with it needing to be re-calibrated. Just wait for it.
    Mine has exhibited all these symptoms but only immediately following
    the release.

Oh, and if you did try to add Yahoo Messenger, then it will have added
    Yahoo Profiles to Contacts, Calendar, and Email as well, and the email is
    set to push (get emails as they arrive), so that will increase drain. Disable it,
    or set it down to normal polling interval. Other than that, I think you'll
    all find that these battery problems will evaporate after about a week,
    as they have ever ever major update.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 11/16/2009 at 12:35 AM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast