1.    #1  
    I was going to send this to sprint.. but it maxed out their 1200 character limit.

I have been a sprint customer for a long time.. I picked up a pre a while back and have been generally happy with the product. I started having a problem with the external speaker and took it to the local store to get it replaced.. It was very busy and the guy told me he would have a tech look at it.. come back in two hours. It was odd not having a phone for two hours, as I am tethered to it as much as I am.. but I went to the bar across the street, drank about 6 jack and cokes... and returned 1 hour and 59 minutes later. I waited patiently for a person to help me.. maybe twenty minutes later and a tech came out and told me they were not allowed to do anything with the hardware with on the pre because Palm hasn't supplied them with any parts. I would think the first guy who helped me should have know that and not wasted 2 hours of my time. What ever... I had a new phone ordered and sent to my house. I got the "new" phone a few days later and backed up the old one, all my contacts to my palm profile. I also downloaded all my photos to my laptop. I read the forums so I had heard that sometimes when you receive a replacement phone.. your palm profile for some reason doesnít save your contacts automatically as advertised. Anyhow.. I swapped out the battery, got a bottle of Jack Daniels and waited for the thing to boot up.. Two hours later, I'm signing into my palm account. Waited another two hours (I'm exaggerating) to download my palm account.. and as I feared, no contacts. ****. I thought long and hard about the problem.. and decided to try to log back into my old pre, grab a legal pad and a #2 pencil and transfer the numbers manually.. It's a lot of work but that's how much the people I know mean to me. So I swapped out the battery again.. made a daiquiri and waited for the old phone to boot up. The initial screen popped up and I though I was good.. but when the phone tried to log into the network it displayed a screen stating "this phone is no longer assigned to a network" and I had the option to restore (and loose all memory) or restart, no other options were available. I was hoping with a simple restart, it would go into airline mode.. or something and I could access my contacts. So I restarted the phone.. cooked a turkey and waited. It simply came up with a sign in screen.. and would not let me access web os. So after pondering a was to retrieve my contacts.. I found one of my older phones and reluctantly headed back to the sprint store. I had a hard time trying to explain to them as they were sure my contacts were saved to my palm account and I shouldnít have to transfer.. I but I convinced them that I had tried everything. They were able to move my contacts from my 3 year old trio to the pre. Sure I lost anyone I met over the past 6 months or so.. but I didnít like them anyway. Okay.. balance is back. The phone works.. I have most of my contacts.. all good. After a day or two.. the power button stopped working intermittently.. so I have to slide the phone open to turn it on. Not a big deal.. but I often use the power button to turn the phone off when I put it in my pocket, eliminating the possibility of **** dialing someone. Now.. the powder button doesnít work at all. And several of the keys stick on the key pad, the worst one is the space bar. Ok.. letís get down to brass tacks. All I ask for is a new phone. I donít want another refurbished. I donít have to have the ďbestĒ phone in the world.. but I want the one I have to works correctly. Can you help me out? I really donít want to go back to the sprint store and deal with them again.. Itís may lead to alcohol abuse.
  2.    #2  
    I was going to send this to Sprint.. but it maxed out their 1200 character limit.

I have been a sprint customer for a long time.. I picked up a pre a while back and have been generally happy with the product. I started having a problem with the external speaker and took it to the local store to get it replaced.. It was very busy and the guy told me he would have a tech look at it.. come back in two hours. It was odd not having a phone for two hours, as I am tethered to it as much as I am.. but I went to the bar across the street, drank about 6 jack and cokes... and returned 1 hour and 59 minutes later. I waited patiently for a person to help me.. maybe twenty minutes later and a tech came out and told me they were not allowed to do anything with the hardware with on the pre because Palm hasn't supplied them with any parts. I would think the first guy who helped me should have knew that and not wasted 2 hours of my time. What ever... I had a ďnewĒ phone ordered and sent to my house. I got the phone a few days later and backed up the old one, all my contacts to my palm profile. I also downloaded all my photos to my laptop. I read the forums so I had heard that sometimes when you receive a replacement phone.. your palm profile for some reason doesnít save your contacts automatically as advertised. Anyhow.. I swapped out the battery, got a bottle of Jack Daniels and waited for the thing to boot up.. Two hours later, I'm signing into my palm account. Waited another two hours (I'm exaggerating) to download my palm account.. and as I feared, no contacts. Dag-nabbit.

I thought long and hard about the problem.. and decided to try to log back into my old pre, grab a legal pad and a #2 pencil and transfer the numbers manually.. It's a lot of work but that's how much the people I know mean to me. So I swapped out the battery again.. made a strawberry daiquiri and waited for the old phone to boot up. The initial screen popped up and I though I was good.. but when the phone tried to log into the network it displayed a screen stating "this phone is no longer assigned to a network" and I had the option to restore (and loose all memory) or restart, no other options were available. I was hoping with a simple restart, it would go into airline mode.. or something and I could access my contacts. So I restarted the phone.. cooked a turkey and waited. It simply came up with a sign in screen.. and would not let me access web os. So after pondering a was to retrieve my contacts.. I found one of my older phones and reluctantly headed back to the sprint store. I had a hard time trying to explain to them as they were sure my contacts were saved to my palm account and I shouldnít have to transfer.. I but I convinced them that I had tried everything. They were able to move my contacts from my 3 year old trio to the pre. Sure I lost anyone I met over the past 6 months or so.. but I didnít like them anyway.

Okay.. balance is back. The phone works.. I have most of my contacts.. all good. But after a day or two.. the power button stopped working intermittently.. so I have to slide the phone open to turn it on. Not a big deal.. but I often use the power button to turn the phone off when I put it in my pocket, eliminating the possibility of **** dialing someone. Now.. the powder button doesnít work at all. And several of the keys stick on the key pad; the worst one is the space bar. Itís apparent this is a refurbished phone.

Ok.. letís get down to brass tacks. All I ask for is a new phone. I donít want another refurbished. I donít have to have the ďbestĒ phone in the world.. but I want the one I have to works correctly. Can you help me out? I really donít want to go back to the sprint store and deal with them again.. Itís may lead to alcohol abuse.