Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hi, I cannot open wifi any more now. When I tap at the "turn on wifi", the circle is just turning and turning without stop.
    I do not think it is simply caused by 1.3.1 but one thing I did this morning was to install the "unofficial mytetherinstaller v0.0.4". I am not sure whether it caused this.
    Anyone else that wifi cannot be open? Or used this "unofficial mytetherinstaller v0.0.4" and be ok? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I do not have mytetherinstaller, but since the update I have not been able to use wifi. I can connect, but nothing will work using wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by try0625 View Post
    Hi, I cannot open wifi any more now. When I tap at the "turn on wifi", the circle is just turning and turning without stop.
    I do not think it is simply caused by 1.3.1 but one thing I did this morning was to install the "unofficial mytetherinstaller v0.0.4". I am not sure whether it caused this.
    Anyone else that wifi cannot be open? Or used this "unofficial mytetherinstaller v0.0.4" and be ok? Thanks.
    My Tether does not work with 1.3.1. Read the thread for my tethering. It has also caused issues with wifi not working after installing it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by try0625 View Post
    Try this link....and follow it to the next page for exact directions...

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2036709

I did it and it fixed my issues immediately!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i had the same problem, conflicted with mytether even after removing it completely. I do not think the service removed. I just ended up doing a doctor and did a clean upgrade.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Thank you very much. My device works now!
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtina View Post
    I do not have mytetherinstaller, but since the update I have not been able to use wifi. I can connect, but nothing will work using wifi.
    I don't have MyTether installed either. I can turn on WiFi. I can see available networks. I just can't connect to any of them since I updated to 1.3.1. I thought it was just my phone since my wife's Pre could connect so I updated hers to 1.3.1 as well to test and sure enough she can't connect now either.
    IIIxe > Tungsten T > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre
    Solved my problem!!!
    I reset my router and I was able to reconnect. So, I started restoring my router settings one at a time to see where it breaks. As soon as I changed my SSID Name from the default Linksys to =MF=, i was unable to connect. I went ahead and then changed the SSID Name to MF and I was able to connect. I set the router back up with WPA and I was still able to connect.

Long story short: My Pre, since 1.3.1, was unable to connect to my router because I had non-alpha characters (=) in the SSID Name. Once I removed them, all was well.
    So this may mean that any public wifi spots may not work if they contain symbols.can you verify if this includes numbers also?
    I just tried it with numbers and my Pre connected with no problem.
    I tried a few other symbols as well and I was able to connect.
    It seems to only be a problem when I use the = sign at the beginning of the SSID.
    Of course, I haven't tried every symbol.
    thnks for the help.Awaiting the arrival of my pre in the next 2 weeks so PRE-Readiing before i get it and wifi is pretty important to me