1.    #1  
    has anyone been able to set new speed dials since the latest update? It erased all mine and now it won't let me set them back. Does anyone have a solution to this?
    Go to contacts, select a contact, tap "contacts" at top left, tap "set speed dial".
  3.    #3  
    that doesn't work I tried it
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    has anyone been able to set new speed dials since the latest update? It erased all mine and now it won't let me set them back. Does anyone have a solution to this?
    I just tried it for one of my contacts to verify for you, and YES, I am able to do it running 1.3.1...
  5.    #5  
    i don't know why it's not working?? i went into contacts, tapped on a contact, went to set speed dial, picked a phone number to set to speed dial, but then the screen that shows up just shows the number at the top, and when i try and push a speed dial number, nothing happens? what are you seeing at the screen after you push set speed dial, licotto?
    My speed dials didn't change when I updated to 1.3.1. They remained set as they were in 1.2.1.
    I also just set a new speed dial in 1.3.1, no problems doing it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    i'm having this issue too. palm tech support is calling me back tonight ...
  8.    #8  
    Can you let me know what they say? Its really annoying....
    just got off the phone with palm. really sweet tech support person!

i think i stumped them. they're forwarding my case over to some engineers to look at re:speed dial. i should hear back in a few days. the only other option she gave me was to run webOSdoctor, but that's the mess that landed me here...

and i even got a second case for my disappearing contacts issue! woohoo. let's see if palm can fix that one too. sigh.
  10.    #10  
    thanks for the update, I hope they give you an answer quickly. My phone is also just doing really random things as well, but the speed dial thing is just really the most annoying so far.
    Mine are not only working fine, but the phone app has been a touch more responsive for me. I have had to retry a speed dial yet (fingers crossed).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    This is what i did and it works great

Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Go to contacts, select a contact, tap "contacts" at top left, tap "set speed dial".
    Got the solution from Palm tech support: Do a full erase and then create a brand new Palm Profile.

It worked...except now I'm wondering how the heck I get back my paid apps? I didn't think that far ahead when on the phone with tech support, sigh.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I'm having a problem getting my speed dials to actually work. They're all set up but when I push and hold the number I want to dial, sometimes it just inputs the actual number instead of dialing the speed dial number associated. It's frustrating.
    for me, all my speed dials work, but when I hold the corresponding button down, the call goes through twice as if I have the same person on call waiting. When I hang up the call, it makes a longer and louder beeping noise and both "calls" hang up. Only since 1.3.1...