Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    After I read that WebOS 1.3.1 was available for update yesterday, I started uninstalling my patches before I downloaded and applied the update. I didn't get fully through, as I was working on doing that in my free-time at work, which was sporadic throughout the afternoon and evening. I didn't get around to uninstalling all of the patches, nor my theme, before my phone decided my time was up and automatically applied the patch (even after I previously had told it to Install Later). So now my phone is updated to WebOS 1.3.1 and I still have some patches installed from the previous WebOS, and when I try to reinstall them, I get an error from Preware that says "User consent requested for pre-remove script execution", for all of the patches.

I have a few questions:

1. Should I just leave the patches that I still have installed there?
    2. Should I attempt to roll back the WebOS to the previous version and then uninstall them?
    3. Is there a way to roll back WebOS to the previous version?
    4. What would you recommend I do?

Thanks for any input guys. I wouldn't mind too terribly if I had to completely reset my phone and lose everything on it, I have all the important stuff backed up, but I'd like to make that my last resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWhittt View Post
    ....I have a few questions:

1. Should I just leave the patches that I still have installed there?
    2. Should I attempt to roll back the WebOS to the previous version and then uninstall them?
    3. Is there a way to roll back WebOS to the previous version?
    4. What would you recommend I do?

Thanks for any input guys. I wouldn't mind too terribly if I had to completely reset my phone and lose everything on it, I have all the important stuff backed up, but I'd like to make that my last resort.
    Not all ptches will affect and update. However, you can always webOSDoctor your Pre then re-update to 1.3.1. This will wipe you device completely, reload webOS just as if it were fresh out-of-the-box.
    Do a search for webOSDoctor instructions
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Not all ptches will affect and update. However, you can always webOSDoctor your Pre then re-update to 1.3.1. This will wipe you device completely, reload webOS just as if it were fresh out-of-the-box.
    Do a search for webOSDoctor instructions
    Thanks for your input, but as I said in the original post:

I wouldn't mind too terribly if I had to completely reset my phone and lose everything on it, I have all the important stuff backed up, but I'd like to make that my last resort.
    Thanks for your input, but as I said in the original post:
    I would run WebOSDoctor and be done with it. I believe the latest version available is 1.2.1. I would run it (thus wiping your phone in its entirety and reverting back to 1.2.1) and then upgrade to 1.3.1 with a fresh install.

The download can be found at the following website.

Palm - Download - webOS Doctor - Sprint

If you start having trouble with running it, check out how to recover.

How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Sorry Bigwhitt, but the only GOOD solution IS your LAST RESORT....That is the only way to make sure everything works smoothly going forward. Trust me, the same thing has happened to me before.
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I would run WebOSDoctor and be done with it. I believe the latest version available is 1.2.1. I would run it (thus wiping your phone in its entirety and reverting back to 1.2.1) and then upgrade to 1.3.1 with a fresh install.

The download can be found at the following website.

Palm - Download - webOS Doctor - Sprint

If you start having trouble with running it, check out how to recover.

How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    +1. Just WebDr it and be done with it. It's the easiest way for your situation. Start fresh at 1.2.1 and then update to 1.3.1 and then start installing patches that are compatible to 1.3.1. You can find quite a few of them in Preware or if you're using WebOS Quick Install 2.9 version, you can find some of those tweaks that work as well for 1.3.1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    next time remove your theme and then run the Emergency Patch Recovery tweak under "Available Other" on Preware to remove all patches at once, no need to undo patches one at a time...

then you can update with no problem. EPR takes less than a minute ... then a luna restart and you are good to go for the update.
    I'm having the same issue....I didn't want to download the new update but my phone decided it was time to install it for me -__-. So now I'm stuck with messed up patches..I wanted to know where I can get WebOS Quick Install 2.9?? Also I'm having issues with IPK logs when I try and download a patch. It just wont let me install it..Can anyone help me to get my phone back to normal
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablos3k View Post
    I'm having the same issue....I didn't want to download the new update but my phone decided it was time to install it for me -__-. So now I'm stuck with messed up patches..I wanted to know where I can get WebOS Quick Install 2.9?? Also I'm having issues with IPK logs when I try and download a patch. It just wont let me install it..Can anyone help me to get my phone back to normal
    Use the EPR.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I tried installing EPR and it wont let me install it. Every single time I try and download a patch now I get "Error Installing: See IPKG Log". Than when I try and see what exactly is the issue with it...it gives me this....Failed ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution. Is there a way to maybe get the new WebOS Doctor so I can just start back from scratch??? Because I try using the WebOs Doctor I have and it just wont recognize the phone at all...
    Yeah I got the same problem. After this update both filecoaster and preware are busted now. Can I just uninstall/install both those apps again, will that fix the problem? Or is the only solution now is to run WebOS Doctor? Is there a solution to prevent this from happening on the next WebOS update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    Yeah I got the same problem. After this update both filecoaster and preware are busted now. Can I just uninstall/install both those apps again, will that fix the problem? Or is the only solution now is to run WebOS Doctor? Is there a solution to prevent this from happening on the next WebOS update?
    Preware is working fine on 1.3.1 on both the Pre and the Pixi except for a small inconvenience with Themes (you have to use the Feeds filter or the List of Everything).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware is working fine on 1.3.1 on both the Pre and the Pixi except for a small inconvenience with Themes (you have to use the Feeds filter or the List of Everything).

-- Rod
    Preware 0.9.9 has just been released. See http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2042209 for details.

-- Rod