Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Was in the Sprint store today, and was a bit disappointed -- all the store employees were pushing people towards the Android displays -- even though the Pixi and Pre display phones were sitting there nice and purty...

I asked one of them, he said the Pre and Pixi were "old hat" and the Android stuff was where it was at.

It's time IMO for Palm to get off of this "Sprint Only" BS...

Sprint is not helping Palm..
    I honestly find it hard to believe that they would push one sale over the other
    This signature for rent
    Pixie just came out today I think if anything they will push the new entry

Fred
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    The problem with pushing the webOS platform is that it is somewhat limited. I am a sprint rep and own the phone and absolutely love it; but, it is a first gen operating system so I make it clear what the phones have to offer. I say 'if you are not patient this isn't the phone for you'. The pre has had its deal of hardware problems and as an employee they are trying to avoid that imo.
    They don't give a **** about one phone over another. They are after commission. Whatever phone they try to sell you is the one that puts the most money in their pocket.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    I don't buy it, sorry. The Sprint store here heavily pushes the Pre, and would only do the same for the Pixi. All the big graphics around the store are also Pre graphics. All the displays show Pre related stuff. No way one store would be pushing Android over the Pre when the flagship store in the Dallas area is pushing the Pre so hard.
    Neutral here.. they just come over to what you are looking at and show you the features.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    The problem with pushing the webOS platform is that it is somewhat limited. I am a sprint rep and own the phone and absolutely love it; but, it is a first gen operating system so I make it clear what the phones have to offer. I say 'if you are not patient this isn't the phone for you'. The pre has had its deal of hardware problems and as an employee they are trying to avoid that imo.
    I don't buy it. I'm in sales and know that no matter how hard you try and how much often you say you're objecvtive, it's a bunch of b.s. It's all about what device has the best margins, how many accessories you can sell and how much in commission ends up in your pocket. You look to switch wherever you can for more gross profit. Because that's what you get paid on, not to mention spiffs that management might be offering on certain devices.
    Don't panic, there will be plenty of time for that later.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    this is some hard-hitting investigative reporting right here
    Customer: Hi, can I see one of those new Palm Pixi phones?

Store rep: Wouldn't you rather have this shiny new thick boxy thing that's bigger than a first generation 30 gig Zune?
    Last edited by scottitude; 11/15/2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: + 's
    hey you have those poor workers that know what's on the menu but when come time to sell are weak sellers and because of their experience with a product (like selling the pre for the last 6 months) and actually believe that being a good salesperson is selling the product they believe in and/or also not wanting to deal with that same person coming back irate and ripping you a new one in a week like so many others before. those are bleeding hearts that wont sell crap to strangers if their paychecks depended on it.

come on, you havent gone to a store looking for something like a flat screen and were there specifically for the latest and greatest that they were promoting and have the salesman take you aside 'save you from wasting your money' with the one he feels is the best and then thanking him for giving you 'the scoop?'

it's hard to get good help these days.

Quote Originally Posted by john.com View Post
    I don't buy it. I'm in sales and know that no matter how hard you try and how much often you say you're objecvtive, it's a bunch of b.s. It's all about what device has the best margins, how many accessories you can sell and how much in commission ends up in your pocket. You look to switch wherever you can for more gross profit. Because that's what you get paid on, not to mention spiffs that management might be offering on certain devices.
    Last edited by donm527; 11/15/2009 at 06:06 PM.
    I got my Pre at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago and the salesperson there was pushing the Hero.

When I told him I wanted the Pre, his response was, "Why?" and then he preceded to try to get me to buy the Hero instead. When I asked him why I shouldn't get the Pre, he said that just about every one they've sold so far has been brought back to the store.

So far my Pre is holding up just fine. Slight Oreo effect, but no other issues yet.
    Which store?
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottitude View Post
    Customer: Hi, can I see one of those new Palm Pixi phones?

Store rep: Wouldn't you rather have this shiny new thick boxy thing that's bigger than a first generation 30 gig Zune?
    +1 lol!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    this is some hard-hitting investigative reporting right here
    Don't be an ***. I was only mentioning what I saw in a Sprint store, and voicing my opinion. If I wanted someone to be a jerk to me, I'd go to 4chan..