1.    #1  
    Anyone else notice that clicking links in the browswer behaves a little differently after the update?

For me its like you have to hold the link for a split second longer than I used to. I would assume this is to stop inadvertant clicks, but it is taking me a while to get used to.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed this issue.
    my computer doesnt recognize pre anymore can someone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by kilkennym27 View Post
    Make sure its plugged in..
    I fixed it with a cpu restart thanks though.
    same here its annoying as he11. I have to clink on links 5 6 times now. And I know its recognizes my touch because its highlighting the link just not doing anything
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Same.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    yup. You have to hold it a touch longer now to select a link, I guess so you don't hit a link accidentally. I'm still not used to it but it makes sense to have to hit the links more deliberately.
    ohh. I was wondering why I kept having to re-tap on links. Thought I was going crazy
    Thank god I thought its a problem only for my pre. God bless PreCentral... at least you find people who are going through the same as you.. I also noticed the clicking link behavior..
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    Thank god I thought its a problem only for my pre. God bless PreCentral... at least you find people who are going through the same as you.. I also noticed the clicking link behavior..
    Whew....glad I wasn't crazy. After the first couple of replies to this thread I thought I was.

Well, maybe I am, but at least not for this reason.
    It is now harder and less safe to click and drive.
    It seems as though the change in behavior is that the center of your tap has to be directly on the link while previously if the center of your tap was close enough, the click would cause the link to be followed. As others noted, the link is still highlighted even when you are close. It's just that the link is not followed. I wonder if Palm is planning to add an option (or perhaps a hidden one exists) to change back to the previous behavior.

Although I have certainly tapped links by accident because of the previous tap tolerance, I very much prefer the way it previously worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilkennym27 View Post
    re-enable developer mode.
    I haven't updated yet, waiting for all my favorite patches to be ported. But I will definitely welcome this change. It seems that at one point something changed because lately I constantly bump links by accidentally. Its highly frustrating.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I for one don't like the new link clicking. I have to click on the link sometimes three or four times to get where I want to go. It is just getting me more frustrated any time I use the browser on the pre.
    Same here, thought it was me. But it does highlight the link. Feels like the old double click of the mouse.. Boy, this update seems to frustrate many people around here.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I will pay for a tweak to FIX this crap, it is driving me INSANE!
    Yup. I don't know what was the purpose is but it's not tapping and holding longer. Sometimes quick taps work. Sometimes long taps work only after trying a few times. Seems random.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700