Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm am getting the not enough mem error more and more now its ridiculous. I have three webs open and it gives me the error I close everything out except one and still have the error.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    there are several bugs in 1.3.1

System sound cannot be changed, in previous versions it was possible.

Manual APN settings are not working at all. After going back to autosettings, only a reboot was helping.

Yahoo IM is not working, too.

So, there is enough to fix..
    I hope they fix this blasted tap and hold on link to access. Grrrr, why break something that didn't need fixing?!?! I think I might have to visit Sprint and have a test run with hero.
    I need WebOS Doctor 1.3.1! Stat!
    lol
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    So far I am regretting the update to 1.3.1 as I have had nothing but problems since.

I am unable to install apps even though all of the ones I have installed whether Official or Homebrew have been removed; it says I need to uninstall some before I can install more. Funny how there aren't any installed... Yes I am aware of the patch available here, but I refuse to install it as I shouldn't need to. If I had apps installed and wanted more then the limit allows, then yes I can see justifying installing it. But since I have nothing installed to begin with I don't feel it is right to have to install a patch to make the flipping phone work.

The next issue is that my messaging icon was removed from the Quick Launch and also from the list of apps. So if I want to send an text to someone I need to go to the contact info and do it that way. It is a total pain in my ****.

Battery drain isn't an issue that I have noticed, but I did notice it takes a lot longer to charge it. Prior to the update if I had 10% battery life, it would take a little over an hour to get a full charge. Last night I plugged it in when it was at 50% and went to bed. When I woke up 8 hours later it was only at an 82% charge. W T F!

I was gonna wipe the phone clean and start from scratch, but I have a replacement on the way because the one I have right now overheats like crazy and the camera has issues with it so there really is no point. So we shall see how the new one preforms after the 1.3.1 update.
    Last edited by Kamen; 11/16/2009 at 09:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I hope they fix this blasted tap and hold on link to access. Grrrr, why break something that didn't need fixing?!?! I think I might have to visit Sprint and have a test run with hero.
    +1
    I'm going to guess there will be a small update to come out in the next couple weeks, like 1.2.0 and 1.2.1.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    My main concern is where was the QA for this? I can understand some small things slipping by, but some of the issues I have seen and read about are pretty big issues. Palm is just making themselves look bad in the process. You can't turn your company around for the better if you are overlooking major issues like this.
    Hey pre users /.. This update make me jump the ship i will wait a few days if they dont fix the issues i gettin ready to go the htc hero... There is no reason at all, that you will update your pre for better and will come up out from the update even worse... Okie dokkie ..
    I dr.ed my pre before I updated and I have to say I defiantly think the update improved a lot. I seem to notice less lag, especially in the photo app. And whatever they did to the Web Browser really sped it up, and it can now load many more elements, an image intensive page loads in only a few seconds and no throw cards error. I'm not sure if I'm for or against the download instead of streaming for movies yet, but I noticed the downloaded videos don't show up in the video player.
    For me it's been a mixed bag. I see a bit more lag with opening apps, but calender seems faster when swiping day to day. Haven't noticed a battery issue yet, but haven't really checked it. No problems with email or anything... web does indeed seem faster though. Overall I think it's average... nothing to write home about, and the extra options like message forwarding, yahoo, etc. are stuff I could care less about. To each their own though.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabny View Post
    Hey pre users /.. This update make me jump the ship i will wait a few days if they dont fix the issues i gettin ready to go the htc hero... There is no reason at all, that you will update your pre for better and will come up out from the update even worse... Okie dokkie ..
    Oh yeah really??? Awwwwesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabny View Post
    Yeah... Good luck with that. Im sure that updates for the HTC Hero will always be perfect and never have an issue.

The only issue I've had is with Sprint Navigation, which is now useless to me due to the truncated voice instructions and the horrid route acquisition times.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Majorly patched and tweaked Pre. Not a single issue. Best patch ever.
    Tried Sprint Navigation recently? Is it working correctly for you?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Tried Sprint Navigation recently? Is it working correctly for you?
    Yep, works the same as always.
    Interesting. Voice instructions aren't truncated or cut off? Route acquisition times are still quick? Hmmm...
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Interesting. Voice instructions aren't truncated or cut off? Route acquisition times are still quick? Hmmm...
    Yep to both. I even just tried it right now inside my house and it was quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Yep to both. I even just tried it right now inside my house and it was quick.
    "Please turn left at the sofa and continue for .0001 miles, then turn slight right"
    Flawless here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast