Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm wondering if this is a 1.3.1 thing or maybe my phone, but I have a Touchstone in my car and plug into the stereo through auxiliary input. It's always worked great, and I can call people using the car speakers and the phone's speakerphone mic. I just got a replacement phone - refurb - and it works great, but I tried to call and they can't hear me on the other side when it's plugged into my car. I just got this new phone and then updated to 1.3.1 before trying the car phone bit. So I don't know if the update killed that feature, or if this phone is messed up. Anyone else encounter this?
    Quote Originally Posted by fbcregan View Post
    I'm wondering if this is a 1.3.1 thing or maybe my phone, but I have a Touchstone in my car and plug into the stereo through auxiliary input. It's always worked great, and I can call people using the car speakers and the phone's speakerphone mic. I just got a replacement phone - refurb - and it works great, but I tried to call and they can't hear me on the other side when it's plugged into my car. I just got this new phone and then updated to 1.3.1 before trying the car phone bit. So I don't know if the update killed that feature, or if this phone is messed up. Anyone else encounter this?
    Make sure you plug in the aux cable into the Pre AFTER you put the Pre on the Touchstone.

I haven't tried it since 1.3.1.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I've plugged it in before and after and it never mattered before. It always worked flawlessly.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I've noticed the same problem, my mic no longer works when plugged into the headset jack in my car.

How do we fix this?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Make sure you plug in the aux cable into the Pre AFTER you put the Pre on the Touchstone.

I haven't tried it since 1.3.1.
    This always worked for me before 1.3.1. Now with 1.3.1, the only way I can get it to work is by completely rebooting after it's on the Touchstone and I have the aux cable attached. That's sure painful to have to do each time. Hopefully they'll fix this.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I actually had intermittent issues with this before the updated. My mic would sometimes work and sometimes not. It seemed to get better after 1.2 but it was always a bit unpredictable. Great feature when it's working right, though.

I would say try to plug your AUX cable in while on a call?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frrrrunkis View Post

I would say try to plug your AUX cable in while on a call?
    Again, this worked for me prior to 1.3.1 (when I would forget to plug in the cable AFTER putting it on the Touchstone) but doesn't work with 1.3.1. I've tried it multiple times. It does work great after rebooting, but we all know how slow the boot process is.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It worked perfectly for me before the update. I haven't tried the reboot fix cause that's ridiculous. This was one of my favorite features of this phone. I can use Pandora, Shoutcast, MP3s, or Prepod to listen to stuff in my car and then talk through it when someone calls. Why would Palm disable this feature?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been having a problem with this working for me since OS 1.3.1, I even downgraded after this first happened and it would work fine with the previous OS, then I was forced to upgrade back to 1.3.1 and now i can hear people through the speakers in my car, but they can't hear me when the aux cable is plugged into my pre and my aux connection in my stereo in my car
    I was so happy to see this, I thought I was going crazy. My mic no longer works when I have my headphones plugged in. I almost missed an important call because the mic didn't turn on and they about hung up.

I definitely noticed it since 1.3.1, not sure about that though. Can we chalk this up to yet another 1.3.1 bug?
    Mines still works.
    Thank god this thread was brought to the top, I had a feeling I read this before.

I also just realized it wasn't working after the 1.3.1 upgrade.

I loved it and it worked great!

I am not using a Touchstone in the car, just a simple USB cable type charger from Sprint.

So it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Touchstone, in my opinion.

Does anyone know how we can troubleshoot this and maybe get Palm to fix this problem.

If not, it may not get fixed!

Another thought, could any of our patch be causing this?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I thought this was just me! I can hear them through my car speakers, but they can't hear me. I loved this feature! I hope we get it back. It's only been like this since the 1.3.1 upgrade. Grr.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    +1 on getting to the bottom of this. Now I have to unplug the AUX plug to answer a call, it's ridiculous! I used to brag about this feature.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I agree
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Ya i am having the exact same issues. I am glad someone brought this up
    I will try when I have time, but can someone make a post on Palm Support page.

Hopefully, one of their tech's will respond. Maybe they have no idea that's it's become a problem.

And maybe, they made this a 'feature'?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Please see my thread here ----> http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...icrophone.html

Also another here -----> http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...aux-input.html

I have high hopes that some brilliant developer will come out with a patch that will force the pre to always use the built in mic, at least until Palm fixes the bug. Equally high hopes that it will start working again after 1.35. :-)
    Yeah I noticed that too. When I first got my phone I thought it was the coolest thing to be able to use my car as a speaker phone. Then after an update I show it off to a friend and I looked like an *****. I thought I messed around with the settings and changed something. Glad I am not the only one.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I had the same issue although I was using a radio transmitter to transmit the audio. In the end I just brought a Motorokr bluetooth. Its spending money to solve the problem but I'm happier with bluetooth transmission of audio and easier access to answer calls (botton on motoroktr rather than reaching for the phone.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast