Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fbcregan View Post
    I'm wondering if this is a 1.3.1 thing or maybe my phone, but I have a Touchstone in my car and plug into the stereo through auxiliary input. It's always worked great, and I can call people using the car speakers and the phone's speakerphone mic. I just got a replacement phone - refurb - and it works great, but I tried to call and they can't hear me on the other side when it's plugged into my car. I just got this new phone and then updated to 1.3.1 before trying the car phone bit. So I don't know if the update killed that feature, or if this phone is messed up. Anyone else encounter this?
    Could this post help explain your "issue" (on 1.3.1 when tested, 1.3.5.x apparently did not change the behavior).

The "funny" thing is Pre apparently has 3 audio modes (as suggested by The Ghastly Headset, verified under 1.3.1):
    • speaker
    • headset (without a MIC)
    • headset with a MIC (like the PALM earbuds delivered with the Pre, MIC embedded)

so it clearly is able to detect whether the cable plugged into the headset plug provides a MIC or not. Still it will not get the voice from the MIC in the phone if in "headset-without-a-MIC" mode (your issue with a plug into the stereo through auxiliary input)...

Looks like more of an issue in webOS rather than a phone app issue, as I can't record voice (command line) if a headset without a MIC is plugged in...
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT
    Does anyone know if 1.4 fix the problem with the microphone, so we can go back to having a speakerphone again?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I tested it today after the 1.4 update and the mic is working. Hope it lasts without need of rebooting my phone. Ill post tomorrow again and tell ya how it works in the german hardcore traffic.
    Update 01.03.10 Its not fixed again the same problem. Mic is not working...
    Last edited by Milli; 03/01/2010 at 02:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It does not work for me after 1.4.
    plug phone into stereo and reboot . Th is is what usually fixes for me.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I spent 15 minus talking to tech support tonight and he had me hold the power button in, and toggle the mute switch 3 or 4 times, it did a funky reset, I plugged in a set of head phones and it works properly.
    Prior I had tried WebOS Doc and various updates, I even had the problem with a replacement Pre. It seems that the device was stuck under some other application while accessing the mic.

Try this, let me know if it works for you, and as always, us the "thanks" button!

Also, will send the tech log for anyone having further issues.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpossible View Post
    I spent 15 minus talking to tech support tonight and he had me hold the power button in, and toggle the mute switch 3 or 4 times, it did a funky reset, I plugged in a set of head phones and it works properly.
    Prior I had tried WebOS Doc and various updates, I even had the problem with a replacement Pre. It seems that the device was stuck under some other application while accessing the mic.
    Um, correct me if I'm wrong but this is simply one of the oldest methods for resetting the Pre. It's the same as holding the power button then pressiing the reset button that appears (the method that was implemented with version 1.3.1 -- the SAME time this problem started occurring BTW) or resetting using the device info. It still takes 3 -5 minutes to reset which many (like me) find unacceptable to have to do and wait for everytime you re-enter the car.

I gave up on this and have now been using a Motorola T505 (bluetooth speaker/mic with FM transmitter) for a couple months now. The FM transmitter isn't always the best for really clear music, but works great for podcasts. When I'm listening to music for long periods I just still connect my aux cable for the music and then it simply passes just the phonecalls through the T505 speaker and mic (still pausing the music). For me, this was well worth the expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    Um, correct me if I'm wrong but this is simply one of the oldest methods for resetting the Pre.
    Older than that. It's also a method for getting the Treo series phones with the physical ringer switch to reboot.
    [QUOTE=JrrInTN;2311729]Um, correct me if I'm wrong but this is simply one of the oldest methods for resetting the Pre. It's the same as holding the power button then pressiing the reset button that appears (the method that was implemented with version 1.3.1 -- the SAME time this problem started occurring BTW) or resetting using the device info. It still takes 3 -5 minutes to reset which many (like me) find unacceptable to have to do and wait for everytime you re-enter the car.

Like I said, I've doctored, done device info reset, and swapped phones, until I did that last night it didn't work at all. and, i've been using it with headphones, and in the car since.
    So this is seriously still not fixed in 1.4? I just noticed it today while trying to use it and I searched and found this thread. No idea it was a problem since Nov.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I have just posted a Patch Request for this in the request forum,

Patch Request - Phone Mic Function

Go to the Patch Request Topic and give the requesy post some love so it gets noticed

let's hope someone with more knowledge than me steps up since it doesn't look like Palm wants to address this. Thanks to Thibaud for some ideas!
    Last edited by dsmalley; 03/31/2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: action
    so this is still not working after 1.4.1?
    Nope. Not for me at least. Running 1.4.1 on Sprint.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Everything Data $69
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Here is the link to the Patch Request for a fix to this:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...t=Mic+Function
    Last edited by dsmalley; 04/07/2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: link
    I gave up on this, i'll check in periodically to see if it's fixed or if a patch is introduced
    I've found that if you just reboot with headset or whatever plugged in it will work sometimes for a day or two an.d sometimes just once .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    No fix yet? I wonder if I should start another thread. Maybe the right people just aren't seeing this thread. I can't imagine a developer not noticing this and not want a fix. I wonder if someone has made a fix for themselves and is just not posting it due to them not realizing that alot of others really would like this.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Really. We have 5 lines of replies, 97 posts, and over 3700 looks at this thread and no one has a comment on whether it is even possible to do? At least let us know, please. Notice I didn't type in all caps, so I'm not yelling. Yet!!!
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    ya don't understand why it hasn't been addressed. Palm suooort chime in!!!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast