Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I have the exact same problem. My wifes Cliq does this just fine. I went to show off this feature to a friend and it didn't work. I looked like a fool trying to show him something that didn't work anymore. Lame I hope the next update fixes this issue.
    Same issue here. Using the aux in feature allowed me to use Pandora, Sprint Navigation, and hands free calling all at once. Now, unless it is a long trip and I reboot, I do not use any of these features. I am really hoping this is fixed soon!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Unfortunately 1.3.5 doesn't fix this issue. I've just tried several ways after updating, and still the only way to get the mic to work is to reboot after attaching the aux cable.
    What I've been doing is calling VM and pulling the aux plug in and out untill it recognizes the mic. I do this everytime I get in the car. PIA, yeah but that way I know the mic's gonna work if I get a call...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'll try plugging in and out. 1.3.5 definitely didn't fix it.
    this has never worked for me, now i rock a plantronics voyager pro, i got tired of messing with it
    I guess we will need a patch for this.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    bummer that 1.3.5 didn't fix this. I miss this feature so much
    I don't know about the restof you. But I am NOT going to reboot my phone EVERY SINGLE TIME I get into my car just so I can use this feature. Are you KIDDING me?! It would be different if the reboot process took a few seconds, but we're talking about the pre here. I love my phone, I hate that the 1.3.1 update screwed up my favorite feature, but I DO hate that I can go start the process of rebooting my phone and get ready for bed (bathe, brush my teeth, wrap my hair, make the kids lunches for school the next day (ha ha!) and come back to see that my phone has finally come back on. If we didn't have to reboot BEFORE the update, then we shouldn't have to reboot AFTER the update! Palm needs to fix it and move onto bigger and better things, like ADDING features this smartphone should have already had instead of breaking the features that already exists, only for the next update to fix what they broke in the last update and break something else.
    I tried during my entire 30 minute drive home today and I could never get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    What I've been doing is calling VM and pulling the aux plug in and out untill it recognizes the mic. I do this everytime I get in the car. PIA, yeah but that way I know the mic's gonna work if I get a call...
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Same problem here, worked before 1.3.1, still doesn't work in 1.3.5. Developers, any idea what this is caused by or how we can fix it?

Thanks!
    not working here either after 1.3.1 or 1.3.5. I downloaded the reset app to make restting the phone easier after I plug the aux cable in
    Must've missed this thread. But are you kidding me? This was one of the best things about the Pre when i had it.

Have you guys any problem with a car stereo that has built in bluetooth? Sounds like it's the plugging in the headjack that causes if i read things right.

That's not the solution i guess you're looking for but it is an option (unless they changed this as well). And a wireless one. The toughest part to give up when i turned in my Pre was the touchstone in car and being able to use my BT stereo with it. It was seamless. Could even use my stereo controls to forward songs, forward Pandora, answer phone calls, etc. Amazon.com: Sony MEXBT3700U CD Receiver Bluetooth Hands-Free with Integrated Microphone (Black): Electronics
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryaggie02 View Post
    I tried during my entire 30 minute drive home today and I could never get it to work.
    That's a shame. I know how frustrating it can get. I have to knock wood that the messing with the aux has worked so far. It can take about 5 attempts the most for me, but yeah Palm should look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Must've missed this thread. But are you kidding me? This was one of the best things about the Pre when i had it.

Have you guys any problem with a car stereo that has built in bluetooth? Sounds like it's the plugging in the headjack that causes if i read things right.

That's not the solution i guess you're looking for but it is an option (unless they changed this as well). And a wireless one. The toughest part to give up when i turned in my Pre was the touchstone in car and being able to use my BT stereo with it. It was seamless. Could even use my stereo controls to forward songs, forward Pandora, answer phone calls, etc. Amazon.com: Sony MEXBT3700U CD Receiver Bluetooth Hands-Free with Integrated Microphone (Black): Electronics
    I have not had problems with BT. I have never tried the Aux route because I use the BT/touchstone solution as cardfan mentioned. But that is a major bummer that the Aux is not working properly... I have a Pioneer 6100BT
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I'm glad to see the silly arguing is done.

Genericmustang, I understand your point, but you also went overboard when it was somewhat of a frivolous argument. The OP did not test before the 1.3.1 upgrade so you are correct, no one knows if it was working or not. However, the 1.3.1 upgrade is the 1 thing that is consistent with the loss of the speakerphone functionality. This and other threads are full of people reporting the same exact issue, 1.3.1 killing speakerphone when plugged in to an external speaker such as in the car.

I'll try restarting the phone while on the TS in my truck, which is NOT an acceptable solution, but I'm curious. However, I always do the same thing, put it on the TS then plug it in. If something else is playing, Pandora etc., it will mute while the phone rings, but still, no mic; I have to unplug and pick it up.

I don't think a patch is the answer. It worked fine until 1.3.1 and is still dead after 1.3.5.
    I'll put my two cents in, not working with 1.3.5 either! So maybe we should talk about a patch again.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I wish we could merge all the threads on this issue, There are plenty of people that want this function back, but they're spread over 5 diff threads on the forums. A patch for toggling the mic on with aux out plugged in would do wonders.
    I think this has a lot to do with headset compatibility problems.
    anyway, i miss it, and want it back!
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpossible View Post
    I wish we could merge all the threads on this issue, There are plenty of people that want this function back, but they're spread over 5 diff threads on the forums. A patch for toggling the mic on with aux out plugged in would do wonders.
    I think this has a lot to do with headset compatibility problems.
    anyway, i miss it, and want it back!
    when i plug in my phone to and plug in radio transmitter i can listen to my phone calls over the radio and talk through my pre is this what you r discussing ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Just adding my voice here, although this worked fine for me in 1.3, it seems to have stopped working sometime around 1.3.1 or 1.3.5. Very annoying!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast