Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I upgraded to 1.3.1 on my pre, After doing so I lost my theme and patches. (understandable)... I went to re-download some of the patches I liked, but it said I already had them installed. So I tried to update them but it says to remove and install new version. When I click remove I get an "error removing : See IPKG log" message and I'm pretty much stuck there.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    You should've removed them before you installed 1.3.1

You are going to have to take a trip to the doctor. Make sure you back-up your Palm Profile as well as your files on the USB drive before doing so.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Don't panic, you don't need to Doctor. I did the same thing and thought I screwed up, but I fixed it.

Install the "Emergency Patch Recovery" app from the WebOS Internals All repository in either Preware or WebOS Quick Install. This will clean out all your old patches, so you can reinstall them.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    That's Ridicules, This phone is awesome, but there is toooooooo many rules and restrictions. Why can't someone just make a phone with everything built in, no upgrades every 2 days unless the technology changes noticeably! Why do I need a patch for things I had on my phone 5 years ago? Let me know when a Phone comes out that lets me do anything and everything I want on it, just like my MAC!

Thanks StormD that sounds better to me!
    mac (and iphone?) lets you do anything you want?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Not even close... the Iphone is missing the simplest thing!! a keyboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgl5030 View Post
    That's Ridicules, This phone is awesome, but there is toooooooo many rules and restrictions. Why can't someone just make a phone with everything built in, no upgrades every 2 days unless the technology changes noticeably! Why do I need a patch for things I had on my phone 5 years ago? Let me know when a Phone comes out that lets me do anything and everything I want on it, just like my MAC!
    Either live with the Pre being an upgradeable work in progress or find a belt clip you can hang your Mac on...
  8. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    how do you do what you described? do you have to install EPR via a url? if so, what' s the url? (yeah, i forgot to back out before i upgraded - sigh).
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtk View Post
    how do you do what you described? do you have to install EPR via a url? if so, what' s the url? (yeah, i forgot to back out before i upgraded - sigh).
    Install EPR through Preware or through WebOS Quick Install. In Preware (the easiest way), go to the list of everything and start typing "Emergency" and you'll see it in the search list. Tap it, and tap Install and you're done.

In WebOS Quick Install, click the Repository Viewer button (on the main screen, right hand side, the bottom button that looks like a hard disk with an arrow pointing at it), and select the WebOS-Internals Feed (all). Emergency Patch Recovery is in there. Check the box and click Download, then click Close, then click Install.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
  10. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i had *NO* idea that whole part of webosquickinstall existed! (duh).
    thanks. EPR worked.