Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is this an option yet? Or is there a homebrew app that will do it? Maybe I'm an ***** at searching, but I can't crap on it.

Thanks everyone.
    install preware or wuickinstall..there is an LED patch.

Was available since 1.2.1 firmware
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    well after 1.3.1 I got the notification led without the patch
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    Are you messing with us?

If that's the case, how did you turn it on? Did you have the patch installed with 1.2.1. ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Are you messing with us?

If that's the case, how did you turn it on? Did you have the patch installed with 1.2.1. ?
    Nope it's true! We now have the LED as part of WebOS. I uninstalled all my patches, did the update, and still have the blinky light. Also have the custom ringtones for SMS.
  6.    #6  
    I thought that was supposed to be the case too, but I sure don't see the option anywhere.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Nope it's true! We now have the LED as part of WebOS. I uninstalled all my patches, did the update, and still have the blinky light. Also have the custom ringtones for SMS.
    I have the custom ringtones for the SMS, but I have nothing for the LED option. WHERE, WHERE, WHERE????
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    You guys that are saying it is enabled in the new update. You removed the patch, but you never turned the option off before you updated.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Consider the fact that Palm may have added the LED notification without the option of turning it off or not. Maybe thats why they left it out in 1.2. I'll be finding out though since I webdoctor'd my phone back to 1.2.1 and installing 1.3.1.
    nope, the led notification is enabled for the new update. i got it too
    I'd be curious to know if it is included in the update. I have it installed through the patch. You think they would have included it in the feature set if they had activated it.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Ok, I was wondering the same thing - I had the LED Notification on with a patch on 1.2.1 and removed it before I updated before 1.3.1 but did not turn it OFF before I updated - I'm wondering if not turning it OFF left it ON on 1.3.1 since it was not turned OFF on 1.2.1 - Wondering about that!!! - Did anyone who had 1.2.1 WITHOUT LED Notification patch now have it on?
    Don't think people should get their hope up. I never installed patches, and there is no LED notification, nor a way to turn it on. I have hoped this would be enabled with the update, but it's not. Hopefully, in next update, but for those of us who don't do patches, hope it's soon!
    Under "screen and lock" do you see the toggle to turn blink notifications on or off? If it's not there, I would guess that it is probably a holdover from the patch. I had that happen a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by iGreg01 View Post
    Ok, I was wondering the same thing - I had the LED Notification on with a patch on 1.2.1 and removed it before I updated before 1.3.1 but did not turn it OFF before I updated - I'm wondering if not turning it OFF left it ON on 1.3.1 since it was not turned OFF on 1.2.1 - Wondering about that!!! - Did anyone who had 1.2.1 WITHOUT LED Notification patch now have it on?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I had the patch before 1.3.1 but I erase that and installed the update and then I still got notification light and the option is in the same place as the patch only that this time it is included in the update. Remember that somebody found that the lines are in another line so anyways the patch woudnt have functioned or that's what I think
    I did not have the patch prior to the update. Updated to 1.3.1 last night and now have LED notify working.
    It's been confirmed before. If you didn't turn off LED notification before you remove the patch, it will remain on and continue to work.

I didn't have the patch before the update, and it didn't work after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    I can confirm that LED notifications is not active in WebOS 1.3.1 seeing that I just doctored my Pre to 1.2.1 and then updated. Everyone who claims that it works is suffering from a mixature of the patch in 1.2.1 and the update. If you have suffered these symptoms, please verify that the LED light fades in and out once you get a alert. Post your results here.

Sad it wasn't included in this update, but at least there is a working patch for it.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I can confirm Abyssul's findings as I did exactly the same thing.
    Same thing here. All my patches were removed before the update. There it was the flashing light.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast