Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ska11153 View Post
    you guys keep talking about various "patches" where do you find these patches an explanation of what the different patches do. I updated to 1.3.1 last night, never had any sort of patch, and I do not have an LED light, nor is there any option under Screen settings as some have stated above. I do not know how some people have stated they have a notification light after the update and never did a patch?
    1. Search for 'Preware'
    2. Install Preware
    3. Turn on patch using either WOQI or Preware.
    Is this ever going to be a true feature on the Pre?

Personally, I don't want to put any patches on my phone. I'd like the phone's OS to simply provide these core features. Otherwise, I install patches...then have to uninstall everything....in order to not screw up any updates...then reinstall...etc etc...

So, will this ever be a part of WebOS? Or will this always be available only through the ridiculously clunky patch system?
    idk if palm will ever put it in but if you want it now - patch it

if you want to wait for palm then wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    idk if palm will ever put it in but if you want it now - patch it

if you want to wait for palm then wait...
    You missed an option.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I have 1.3.1 and the box for turning the LED notification on is no longer there. I wish they would put it back! (and ad a voice recorder)
    Mmm when u go to the wiki page, it clearly says it doesnt work on spanish webos, so am kinda wondering when it will come with this compatibility, cuz, like 45% of palm pre users use Spanish system, so... and had been 3 month and nothing =(
  7. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyleemoon View Post
    So, will this ever be a part of WebOS? Or will this always be available only through the ridiculously clunky patch system?
    Ouch

Only Palm knows when Palm will add this. Right now, you can get it via a patch. So you can either patch, wait, or (3rd option) get a new phone.

However... there is no need to p*ss on the amazing people who have developed the current patch systemm... for free... on their own time... to the benefit of thousands. Look at how far this 'ridiculous' system has come in the last 6 months.
    I love the ever expanding definition of "core features".

A blinking notification light is not, has not ever been, nor will it ever be, a core feature of a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Same thing here. All my patches were removed before the update. There it was the flashing light.
    even if you removed all the patch before update, some patch get very very deep in the firmware and cannot be removed even palm update. So, when you update to 1.3.1, you flash alert still there is because you have patch your pre at 1.2.1 or even earlier.

You can confirm it by using webos doctor which is the deepest remove and reflash your pre and make it back to the simple and you will found that no more flash alert there.

To my experience, my pre installed many patchs and then program crash and result in reboot itself when I access the web or even check email. All the method I have tried but still cannot get it back to normal and finally webos doctor save my pre and remove everything (patch and tweak) and make my pre back to simple as new and speed increase without crash.
    So be care to choose the patch, most of them are not reversible by simply remove the patch.

Take a look to the topic on : How To: Restore a Seriously Ill Pre

Palm has never official enable flash alert even at 1.3.5.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyleemoon View Post

haha, try owning a WM phone and and ANY OS change means loading an entire ROM. After having that and now having the ability to hack via preware, this is the heaven of hacking!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123