Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    how do you get to custome ringtones for messaging
    Yeah, this happens with each ROM update... a few people come out swearing they never installed the LED notification patch and that it magically appeared once they did a ROM update that everyone else knows did not provide that feature.

As others state each time: the patch was installed, LED notifications were left on, and then the patch was removed which leaves the notifications on even though there is no longer a GUI option for it, and the updates then don't overwrite wherever the setting is stored.

Look at the post counts of the users making the claims and you'll see a pattern
    nothing here
    where are the custom ringtones for messaging
    yeah i removed the patch but failed to turn off the notifications. will this affect any of the future updates for enabling this led feature? dont want to mess anything up on my phone. it is easy to overlook turning this feature off and thinking it was part of the update. why the heck palm hasnt enabled it yet is crazy. also we still have a dang app limit which is frustrating as hell
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Yeah, this happens with each ROM update... a few people come out swearing they never installed the LED notification patch and that it magically appeared once they did a ROM update that everyone else knows did not provide that feature.

As others state each time: the patch was installed, LED notifications were left on, and then the patch was removed which leaves the notifications on even though there is no longer a GUI option for it, and the updates then don't overwrite wherever the setting is stored.

Look at the post counts of the users making the claims and you'll see a pattern
    dam it, got my hopes up
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    So everyone is telling me that LED notification is an undocumented feature of 1.3.1? A feature that didn't make the changelog?

Come on, if it was really a new feature, it would be in the changelog. I can tell you with 100% honesty that I do not patch or install homebrew apps on my phone, and the 1.3.1 did NOT enable LED notification.

To all those that have it enabled, you have installed the patch previously, that's all

::soap box dismount::

Yey Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    If you have suffered these symptoms, please verify that the LED light fades in and out once you get a alert. Post your results here.
    I can confirm LED light fading like it did with the patch. Likewise, I did not turn the option off before removing the patch, just like I didn't turn off the multiple launcher pages nor various alert sounds before removing these patches.

Could this be the reason my Yahoo calendar won't sync? Is it all buggy?
    Do you realize that the LED patch does not enable the LED motification but just gives the user the option to turn it on. Obviously the 1.3.1 patch doesn't reset the LED setting hence it's still active on Pre phones that turned it on. The patch merely creates a switch which changes some registry setting that wasn't reset.
  10.    #30  
    Okay, I just installed that webdr thing and it totally reset my phone (which was fine), updated to the 1.3.1 and just installed the Preware.

What is the patch called that I need to install in order to get the LED? I can't find it in the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Z View Post
    What is the patch called that I need to install in order to get the LED? I can't find it in the list.
    Under patches, Screen Lock "Enable LED Notifications" remember that in preware you can type out words to filter results.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmerahn View Post
    You guys that are saying it is enabled in the new update. You removed the patch, but you never turned the option off before you updated.
    I bet this is the case as well.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i guess that is what happened with me aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Yeah I think that is what I experienced as well. I removed the LED patch before upgrading but didn't turn the LED option off, so I now I get LED notifications without a GUI option to turn it off. Hopefully the LED patch will be updated for 1.3.1 so I can have the option to turn it off...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I used the WebOS Repair Utility for 1.2.1 and restored back to complete factory settings. I then upgraded to 1.3.1 and noticed that THERE WAS NO LED NOTIFICATIONS.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I can confirm that LED notification is NOT part of 1.3.1. I run WebOS Doctor on my phone and updated to 1.3.1 and the notification is gone.
    Does the LED blink not occur with missed phone calls? I noticed that I had a couple missed calls this morning when I went to unlock my phone, but the LED wasn't blinking. Mine seems to blink if I get texts or emails, though? Anyone having the same problem with 1.3.1 and the LED patch installed from preware?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    you guys keep talking about various "patches" where do you find these patches an explanation of what the different patches do. I updated to 1.3.1 last night, never had any sort of patch, and I do not have an LED light, nor is there any option under Screen settings as some have stated above. I do not know how some people have stated they have a notification light after the update and never did a patch?
    If you actually examine what the LED patch does, it basically uncomments a few lines of javascript coding in the core WebOS files which adds the LED notification feature. So Palm already has this function in the coding, but they for some reason decided to comment out the lines of code in the production release. Why, I'm not sure. Maybe the notifications doesn't work 100% of the time and that is why it is commented out.

So I'm guessing that if you've activated the LED notification patch in one version of OS and then do the OS upgrade, it might be that the files that were edited are not replaced by the upgrade. That would explain why the LED feature is still active after an upgrade. Just a guess...
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Interesting stuff. I loved the little light.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast