Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I noticed after the 1.3 update, email notifications are hit and miss. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't. I have to go into the email app now to double check. Anyone else? The a fix for this?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Same here. No notifications all day, then one popped up and there were older messages in there too...
  3.    #3  
    Glad to hear im not the only one. Now how do we fix it hmmm.
    i'll third that. i had emails i didn't know arrived because i never heard the notification sound, and i never saw the mail icon in the bottom tray appear. very strange.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i'll third that. i had emails i didn't know arrived because i never heard the notification sound, and i never saw the mail icon in the bottom tray appear. very strange.
    I turned my pre on this morning, usually have some sort of email right away. NO notification sound or ico. i decided to go into the emaoil app and I have 6 new emails! Better be a fix soon!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Yes I am having the same problem with my AOL and gmail accounts. I wish I never updated
    the thing I noticed with this update is:

As soon as you reboot the Pre, (only needed once after restart), run a manual update on each emaila ccount individually...after that the Push will kick in
    I think I'm having this issue with SMS notifications. I've had my pre in hand a couple times and missed a txt and I'm almost positive it didnt give an audible notification.
    Same issue here.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Having same problem. More miss than hit though.
    I seem to be having the "inverse problem that some of you are having. I receive email notifications visually and audibly but when I attempt to actually open the email by tapping on the message, the message will not open up (all my settings are correct and my signal is stong). So I am left with a bunch of unread emails in my inboxes that I cannot actually read; I can't get past the screen with the message header. Can anyone help me?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I was having that problem.. I just deleted and re-added them... back to normal I think... took two min.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

As soon as you reboot the Pre, (only needed once after restart), run a manual update on each emaila ccount individually...after that the Push will kick in

I think this dose work, manually check each account 1 at a time for new messages. It seems to "Jump start" the notifications.
  14.    #14  

I believe this worked for me! Everyone who has this issue should try the above.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It works, untill the phone is reset, then I had to manually recheck each account again. Seems to stop showing email notifications after reset.

Didn't work for me nor did removing and re adding them.
    Mine wouldn't even connect to the email accounts after the update. I had to delete the email accounts and then re-add them and then everything seemed to work fine.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    same here...Yahoo accounts (email, calendar sync) just don't seem to like this update.
    Not sure what exactly the issue was but I tried once again and removed all email accts. First I turned off all notifications on each before removing. Then I turned off the phone for a few minutes. When I restarted I only added one acct and tested it. It worked so then I added each one after testing several times. I did notice that if you have the page open that shows all the email accounts the notification will not appear. I assume its because it defeats the purpose since you are looking at all the inboxes at once. If you are in an email account and get an email in that particular acct it will not show as well. But notifications will show from other accts that you are not currently viewing. Also as soon as you open the email app and the main page opens ALL notifications will dismiss. I guess cause Palm assumes you can now see the new email count in every acct. I did not remove any patches and have had no more notification issues.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I removed both my AOL and Gmail accounts then reset the phone, readded the AOL account, ran a manual push then set to 'as items arrive' and Im still not getting notifications as new emails come in. What the F Palm!?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast