Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    I did the webos doctor and still have the notification issue Is this problem just the few of us or everyone?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Now that it is all working again, would you mind trying to reinstall the Delete From Notification patch to see what happens. I truly do not believe it was the cause of your issues. There are many others in several other threads discussing issues with notifications in general even those who have never applied patches.

Use the latest version found here:

[Patch] Email Delete From Notification Bar
    You're right Lclarkjr. Your patch was not causing any issues. Notifications working was a temporary thing - they stopped working over the weekend and that was before re-installing the Delete from...patch.

I guess when you do a reset of the phone it "flips a coin" to decide whether or not Notifications will work.
  3.    #63  
    Still haveing this issue. It seems checking the mail manually restarts the notification only temporoailry. It stopped now and I didnt even restart the phone. This is annoying!
    I have the same problem sa well. It seems that i do get the notification, (icon and sound) but when i hyst the envelope at the bottom of the screen and it goes to my inbox......it says no messages. I have to het the "all mail" tab, wait like 2-3 mins for that to DL ALL MAIL, then read my email. It takes forever, but it works......kind of..

IRRITATING
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I did the webos doctor and still have the notification issue Is this problem just the few of us or everyone?
    I have the issue too. Have tried everything I can think of... I truly believe this is something the end user has no control over and is a Sprint/Palm issue.
    I WeboOS Doctored my phone AND did a full erase (in Device Info) and that got notifications working for me. WebOS Doctor alone wasn't enough for my Pre.
    try turning backup OFF

see if it works correcty, then if yes, turn backup back to ON

what this essentially does is refix/sync your palmdatabse.db3 file
    Is this still an issue? I was doing some testing today and set my email to notify as email arrives and it definitely wasn't notifying me as it arrived. I don't use email much so I don't care, but this seems like it would be a priority, no?

edit: just for clarification, I sent myself an email on my computer at work at 4:24, I refreshed and the email showed up right away on my work computer. I waited for the notification on my phone and a vibrate. I had my 'Get Email' preference at as email come in. over five min pass and i got nothing so i set my 'Get email' preference back to 1 hour. At 4:36 I receieved notification. Does the 'Get Email' preference setting mean anything?
    Last edited by daisy96; 03/01/2010 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    try turning backup OFF

This did not change anything for me. Still sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    try turning backup OFF

Great, now I can't get the Backup to turn back on. Every time I try to, it just sits there and thinks. I've let it think for a couple hours and nothing happened. I've restarted multiple times to see if anything changes...nothing changes.

This totally sucks. So, now I have bad email and SMS notifications PLUS no backup.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    It could likely be a Sprint network issue (implied by Palm) rather than anything wrong with your phone.

It would be interesting to know where people are located. I am in the SF Bay Area on Sprint and have this problem frequently.
    Since 1.4 my notices have been coming immediate. it worked with 1.3 broke in 1.3.1-5 and now working again, very nice!
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    If I have my email app open, I get notifications no problem. The problem appears to be for me that if I don't have the email app open, I get notifications while on 3g, but not on any wifi network.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I went through hell trying to remove my gmail account from the pre. It would say that it did, but even after a restart, would still show in the accounts list. I had to add another account, restart, then remove gmail. After I added it back in, things seemed to work fine for a few days. But again I got the account screen when launching the email app, and after clicking ok, see that there are about 10 new unannounced emails. *** Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs86 View Post
    I went through hell trying to remove my gmail account from the pre. It would say that it did, but even after a restart, would still show in the accounts list. I had to add another account, restart, then remove gmail. After I added it back in, things seemed to work fine for a few days. But again I got the account screen when launching the email app, and after clicking ok, see that there are about 10 new unannounced emails. *** Palm
    The account screen thing is somehow related to the use of Preware. I also get this after using Preware when the email app was open. Several others have also reported this issue and i am sure the the Preware folks will get it figured out soon.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234