Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have this same issue with hotmail
    I'm having the same problem and the manual update of my inbox doesn't seem to have fixed it. Rather annoying.
    I deleted all of my accounts and re-installed them as suggested here and it seems to have resolved the problem for me.
    I have a yellow caution sign when I look at my inbox. I removed the account, re-added the account, and it's still there. Not sure what it means, because clicking on it only tells me how many emails I have and when it last updated. All my emails are there, though.
    My dang issue is with notifications from replies to posts on this website, PreCentral!!! I've checked my online email and they are the same on my email's server as the ones on my Pre, which is a good thing.

I sometimes get notifications for this site, and other times I do not. For instance, I had a notification of a thread i was subscribed to about General Pre Complaints, and on the File Coaster thread, but did not receive an email notification for this link

{{{http://}}}forums.precentral.net/off-topic/215546-prisoner-tv-show-amc-all-those-damn-pre-commercials.html

The above link wouldn't insert correctly, so just put that http before the rest of the address after you copy and paste into address bar.
    Last edited by voltageROCK; 11/18/2009 at 03:59 PM.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I fixed it by removing my gmail account, rebooting the phone, then readding the account. I did go into my inbox as well after adding it again, so that sort of qualifies as a manual refresh. So far, it's working.

NEVERMIND. It was working for a little bit, but now they aren't appearing again.
    Last edited by mcaaronice; 11/19/2009 at 06:49 AM.
    I love random things that can't be explained. The fun of electronics with code all over the place and circuitry too tiny to be reliable. The contract goes to the lowest bidder...
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    I dont know if this would help but it worked for me. It seems that when you change the txt alert sound i wouldn't get email alerts. I changed the txt alert back to normal sound and i am now recieving alerts like normal and even after restarts. I hope this works for some ppl.
    How did you do that? When I changed my txt alert sound, then tried to change it back to normal, I can't find it anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickrahn View Post
    How did you do that? When I changed my txt alert sound, then tried to change it back to normal, I can't find it anywhere.
    Go into the messenger preferences and change sound from "ringtone" to "system alert". That being said, this doesn't help my problem. I think there's something going on between google and palm. There's a few threads on palm's site too about this. If only I could find out what that little yellow caution icon means.
    Its not just google. I am having problems with aol too. Also my yahoo email inbox is showing error sign (yellow triangle with exclamation mark) even though if I manually refresh it grabs emails. But other than that none of my emails give me notifications or download in the inbox for all my email accounts (1 yahoo, 3 google, 1 aol and 1 msn). All setting checked. Twice hard reset, twice went back to 1.2.1 on WebDR and even deleted back up (turned it off so old setting wont restore when I sign into my profile after webdr-ing to 1.2.1). Did anyone tried to use webdr for the new firmware 1.3.1? I am going to give it a try on the weekend. This is very very annoying to not get email or even email notifications. Palm tech support is great with having patience but I don't have it to go through most of the steps I already done on my own and I know didn't work. Folks please update if any of you guys fixed their issues with emails after 1.3.1.
    Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    This is definitely not cool! Has PALM taken any kind of official direction or official word on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    My dang issue is with notifications from replies to posts on this website, PreCentral!!! I've checked my online email and they are the same on my email's server as the ones on my Pre, which is a good thing.

I sometimes get notifications for this site, and other times I do not. For instance, I had a notification of a thread i was subscribed to about General Pre Complaints, and on the File Coaster thread, but did not receive an email notification for this link

{{{http://}}}forums.precentral.net/off-topic/215546-prisoner-tv-show-amc-all-those-damn-pre-commercials.html

The above link wouldn't insert correctly, so just put that http before the rest of the address after you copy and paste into address bar.
    I think the auto thread reply states that no other replies will be forwarded until you log on. I may be wrong but think I remember seeing something like that on one of the auto response emails I've received.
    I fixed my yellow caution icon (at least for now), by archiving my entire inbox (5600 messages). For some reason it must have decided it didn't like that anymore. In any event, that is gone... BUT STILL NO EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS!!! argh

... I spoke too soon... It's back... kill me now.
    Same issue here. Sometimes my pre will download emails, sometimes not. No notifications though. I tried deleting my gmail account and set it back up and now it won't sync at all. "facepalm"
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I noticed after the 1.3 update, email notifications are hit and miss. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't. I have to go into the email app now to double check. Anyone else? The a fix for this?
    I don't think this is new with 1.3.1. It was always there all along. The issue seems to be more correlated with how often palm pushes the email. When the setting is as soon as it arrives the email notification issue is seen very less often. When the settings are othen than as soon mail arrives the issue becomes more obvious. Any way I hope this issue is fixed. I don't want to use as soon as it arrives setting because of battery impact and login credentials rejected (yahoo email) issues.
    Uh... sorry for the tripple-post, but I thought this might not get to some users not subscribed to the "other" threads:

Hey everyone... try this! It has been working for me.

On your PC,
    1) log into your gmail account.
    2) create a new label (called mine "TempInbox")
    3) select everything in your Inbox and MOVE it to the TempInBox
    4) try synching on your Palm Pre

Mine worked within one minute!

Report back your results

Interesting Note: I still can't get all of the email in that TempInBox from my Pre though. But all of my notifications are coming to me and I "can" log into my regular InBox.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Checking accounts manually, toggleing SMS notifications/sound seems to work untill the phone is reset. It's hard to believe this is not a bigger problem. It was never an issue with 1.2 no matter how many patches you had.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunooh View Post
    Checking accounts manually, toggleing SMS notifications/sound seems to work untill the phone is reset. It's hard to believe this is not a bigger problem. It was never an issue with 1.2 no matter how many patches you had.
    Thats exactly what I have to do.
    I thought this was happening only to me geez what's going on and why aren't emails showing up as consistently as they used to?
    OK I think I finally fixed this now by changing the check time from 'as it arrives' to '5 minutes'. There must be some issue with gmail and palm and the push notifications.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast