Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunooh View Post
    It works, untill the phone is reset, then I had to manually recheck each account again. Seems to stop showing email notifications after reset.
    I noticed the same thing this morning. I reset my phone and notifications werent coming in. After I mabually checked each account, notifications were coming in again. It seems the reset messes up the email notifications. A fix in need indeed !
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I seem to have fixed mine just by toggling the account notification options (the ones for audio/icon/vibrate).
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    I seem to have fixed mine just by toggling the account notification options (the ones for audio/icon/vibrate).
    Have you reset your phone since u did that? If so, does it still work after the reset?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Hi guys...first post. I was having the same email notification issues after the 1.3.1. It would not notify me when I had an email. I found a solution that worked for me. I had the pre set to get emails as they arrive and I would never get them. I then switched it to check every five minutes and it works every time now. It must be issue with the update.

Hope this helps someone.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cporta View Post
    Hi guys...first post. I was having the same email notification issues after the 1.3.1. It would not notify me when I had an email. I found a solution that worked for me. I had the pre set to get emails as they arrive and I would never get them. I then switched it to check every five minutes and it works every time now. It must be issue with the update.

Hope this helps someone.

Welcome to the forums. Did you switch it back from every '5 minutes' to everytime 'as items arrive'?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I seem to be having the same issue. Seems hit and miss if and when it gets emails. Will do some more testing.
    I'm getting notifications, can see emails but cannot open a thing.

I properly removed patches before update, then added. Now I have removed all email patches (a few others remain), booted, tried removing Yahoo and reinstalling, checked logins, etc.

Don't know what else to do, can see but not use. Please help
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I'm getting notifications, can see emails but cannot open a thing.

I properly removed patches before update, then added. Now I have removed all email patches (a few others remain), booted, tried removing Yahoo and reinstalling, checked logins, etc.

Don't know what else to do, can see but not use. Please help
    Did you try removing all email patches, then readding the yahoo account with no patches reinstalled?
    I have noticed this right after the update. I haven't really paid much attention to it, but I have reset the phone and manually checked each account after the update.

Also, I just ran some testing.

I have 1 gmail and 2 yahoo accounts.

-I've sent test emails to all 3 accounts and notifications came in fine on all accounts
    -Then I reset the phone and sent another test mails to all 3 accounts notifications did not come in on any account
    -I checked each accounts manually and sent another test mails and notifications came in fine on all accounts.

Pretty annoying. I must now remember to manually check accounts after a reboot..
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    @myblackz28 - looks like it is working even after a reboot.
    I dont know if this would help but it worked for me. It seems that when you change the txt alert sound i wouldn't get email alerts. I changed the txt alert back to normal sound and i am now recieving alerts like normal and even after restarts. I hope this works for some ppl.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Did you switch it back from every '5 minutes' to everytime 'as items arrive'?
    Haven't tried that yet. Kind of afraid to mess with it now that's it working. I'm a wimp.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    I dont know if this would help but it worked for me. It seems that when you change the txt alert sound i wouldn't get email alerts. I changed the txt alert back to normal sound and i am now recieving alerts like normal and even after restarts. I hope this works for some ppl.
    I changed alert sound and changed it back to system sound and I still didn't get notification after reboot. also just did another test, I toggled alert back and forth then rebooted the phone and notifications came in without checking manually first!!

Something fishy going on here.. Mail notification is the most important function of my Pre (more important than voice calls.) I'll definitely have to keep an eye open on this one...
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    same here..sometime i get email notification and sometime none, hope it can fix
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Orignally posted by NMOREMAN
    "I'm getting notifications, can see emails but cannot open a thing.

I properly removed patches before update, then added. Now I have removed all email patches (a few others remain), booted, tried removing Yahoo and reinstalling, checked logins, etc."

Happened to me, too, even after removing each patch and application one at a time in the hopes of finding the culprit. Nada. Called Sprint who transferred me to Palm. VERY LONG conversation. Result: Suggestion to Reset the phone using webOSDoctor and then reloading 1.3.1 again.

To do that, ensure that you have the "Build Sprint 110.172" version. I had it. If you don't, the 2nd level tech support said it can be found on the Palm site (and probably on Precentral, too). It'll reload webOS 1.2.1 onto your phone.

After reloading the former webOS 1.2.1, start your phone as usual (i.e. sign into your profile, etc.). Check to see if you can open e-mail with 1.2.1. Like me, you might have to remove your e-mail account and manually re-enter it before you can open an e-mail with 1.2.1.

Once you confirm that tapping on an e-mail will once again open it, then update your phone to 1.3.1 (again) and hope for the best. Yes, it's a painful time-consuming protocol.

BUT, IT WORKED!! I am now running on 1.3.1 and I can now tap on an e-mail and it will open. Next up? Patches, etc....
    Another thing i have notice with the email notifications is that if you have mulptile account there are no longer joint notifications. I get separate icons now. See Below

Unknown_2009-16-11_163019.png

Unknown_2009-16-11_163026.png
    So far none of these fixes have brought notifications back. I even tried removing any notification patches.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    So far none of these fixes have brought notifications back. I even tried removing any notification patches.
    Have you tried WebOS doctor to reset everything?

I first tried removing each email account, then resetting the phone, readding one email account, resetting the phone, then manual checking the email, then setting the option of "receive email as they arrive" and so far so good.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I had the same problem - I uninstalled the "Delete From Notification" patch and it seems to be working fine - has done since last night anyway. I do not have any other notification patches installed. My Yahoo, Gmail, and Live accounts all come through with Notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    I had the same problem - I uninstalled the "Delete From Notification" patch and it seems to be working fine - has done since last night anyway. I do not have any other notification patches installed. My Yahoo, Gmail, and Live accounts all come through with Notifications.
    Now that it is all working again, would you mind trying to reinstall the Delete From Notification patch to see what happens. I truly do not believe it was the cause of your issues. There are many others in several other threads discussing issues with notifications in general even those who have never applied patches.

Use the latest version found here:

[Patch] Email Delete From Notification Bar
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast