Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Well....I had NO homebrews and NO patches on my Pre, but when I did the update this morning I got a white exclamation mark and "www.palm.com/ROM" message. When I go to that website, it tells me that my Pre froze during installation (it was almost finished, grrrrr) and I have to do the webos doctor. This apparently wipes my Pre clean, but will I be able to retrieve my date via the daily backup that occurs?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Well....I had NO homebrews and NO patches on my Pre, but when I did the update this morning I got a white exclamation mark and "www.palm.com/ROM" message. When I go to that website, it tells me that my Pre froze during installation (it was almost finished, grrrrr) and I have to do the webos doctor. This apparently wipes my Pre clean, but will I be able to retrieve my date via the daily backup that occurs?
    yeah it should back up when you get it completely web doctored ,it will ask you to sign in to your palm profile
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yeah it should back up when you get it completely web doctored ,it will ask you to sign in to your palm profile
    Not if, by "data," the op's talking about photos, music, etc.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  4.    #4  
    This is quite annoying....went from being very happy to having the new update to now havng to do a bunch of updating of software on my computer. Of course, the drivers weren't set on Windows 7 and that is a whole other issue. Going to computer # 2 that doesn't have Windows 7 and seeing if things wll work better there. Grrrrrrrrrrr.....not a good morning.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  5.    #5  
    Okay....so did the webos doctor and my phone is now functional. It said it was downloading my data, but when I pull up my contacts there are none listd. I use google calendar and contacts, is there something I need to do or will it eventually update?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  6.    #6  
    Apparently after doing the webos doctor, you have to delete and add your email accounts again. Once I did that with my gmail account, it synced my contacts and calendar back to my Pre. Whew....thought I was cooked.

    Not sure I'm going to try and do the lastest update again until they get whatever caused my Pre to freeze fixed. Bummer.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  7. #7  
    yeah i am having that same issue currently and im going crazy trying to restore my pre.

    ive tried using web os doctor but for some reason it keeps saying "we were unable to reset your phone". im prob gonna go to sprint tomorrow to fix this issue but this is a real hassle either way.

    besides webos doctor is there any other way to restore the pre?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva la Prevolution View Post
    yeah i am having that same issue currently and im going crazy trying to restore my pre.

    ive tried using web os doctor but for some reason it keeps saying "we were unable to reset your phone". im prob gonna go to sprint tomorrow to fix this issue but this is a real hassle either way.

    besides webos doctor is there any other way to restore the pre?
    There's a WebOS Repair Utility, but I don't know that it can repair 1.3.1 in any way (other than, perhaps, restoring it to 1.2.x). It's also by Jason R. A quick search and you'll find it on the forums.

    Good luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.

Posting Permissions