1.    #1  
    Ok my screen cracked from it being in my back pocket, very upsetting!!

Is there anyway to text someone using only the keyboard? I can call people but i cant seem to figure out how to text....any help would be a life saver!

I have insurance but i am leaving for boot camp on the 24th so i really don't want to drop $150 for a little over a week of use.
  2.    #2  
    No help or input?

Not even a No you can't do that! lol
  3.    #3  
    I hate yall! >:|
    No you can't do that! lol
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I don't believe that you can... Sorry brah
    boot camp might change that attitude...
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makokiller View Post
    wat
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by makokiller View Post
    Huh? lol

Thanks guys I guess I'm S.O.L!
    sorry, text depends on the touch screen. You're SOL, good luck at boot camp though.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Was this a recent purchase? When mine cracked it was about 2 months in. I took it back to the sprint store for repair. I had insurance and expected them to tell me to file a claim, but to their credit they store Manager told me to come back in an hour. When I came back she handed me a new Pre and told me to be more careful with this one. I got lucky as hell, but you might try the same.
    I wonder how much money Palm is losing due to this cracked screen issue. It can't be cheap.
    I went for a walk this morning and it was 12 degrees outside. I walked in the house, pushed the center button, CRACK! Spiderweb crack up from the center button. Took it to Sprint store, said they've seen a few of those, ordered me a new one, said it'll be here tomorrow.

I have been able to use some functions, and can text a few people I have that have Launch Pad short cuts, but for the most part, can't do **** without the screen working.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    I went for a walk this morning and it was 12 degrees outside. I walked in the house, pushed the center button, CRACK! Spiderweb crack up from the center button. Took it to Sprint store, said they've seen a few of those, ordered me a new one, said it'll be here tomorrow.

I have been able to use some functions, and can text a few people I have that have Launch Pad short cuts, but for the most part, can't do **** without the screen working.
    why are you walking around when it's 12 degrees? you're lucky it wasn't your bones cracking
    surprised your head didnt crack like that lol .....12 % wow yuck
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    had the same problem, working on the truck in 20 degree weather,had my pre on the windshiled for about an hour, went inside to warm up touched the gesture area and nothing happen,looked a little closer...cracked screen. went to sprint, had a new pre in an hour, thanks sprint!