Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As many I'm sure know, if you "delete" a conversion in text messaging, the content of that thread stays saved, it just is not listed on the main text message panel. So from that point on, if you receive a message from that person, you won't know about it unless you have the message app closed when a notification comes in, and you go directly to the notification list and take note of who has written you.

I was hoping that one of these past 3 updates would have fixed this problem, that I have seen this mentioned a little bit, but it seems that Palm is simply ignoring this issue, or are somehow unaware of it?

I had deleted every conversation out of my thread list, because the list has a lot of problems for me when the thread count is high. Mostly involving scrolling, but also the application opens so slow that I was hoping to speed it up by removing all old messages from the internal database.

The Pre is still missing a lot of the base features that the Treo line has. Just in txt messaging, I would love to have the "purge all" and "purge all over a week old" options.
    But especially have the problem missing txt messages on a regular basis because they do not show as new in the thread list, has caused me a lot of problems. This tends to be such a problem, that I sometimes find myself doing a search on "a" through "z" then "1" through "9" to check what text messages I've not noticed come in during the day.

oh, soft and hard reset's do not fix this problem either.

I'd imagine there are several methods that this problem could be fixed.

1: have incoming messages to a conversation, un-hide that conversation.
    2: have the "delete conversation" actually do what you think it would do, which is simply delete all the content of that conversation instead of marking that thread as hidden as it does now.

I'm sure people out there have other concepts for how this could function.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    a partial restore is the only thing that I found to fix this on my phone. But yes, I was hoping Palm would get on it by now so I don't have to worry about it happening again
    I've had this problem as well. Only fix I could find was deleting the partical contact from the pre and entering it all over again. Luckily my problem was only with one person, but it was equally annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackryan View Post
    I've had this problem as well. Only fix I could find was deleting the partical contact from the pre and entering it all over again. Luckily my problem was only with one person, but it was equally annoying.
    Same here, I had to delete the contact and re-enter. That was the only solution. And it was only with one person; the contact with the most messages. If its just a few messages, it doesn't happen.
    Webos Doc worked for me.
    what do u mean webos Doc, just connecting it to ure PC or what. I deleted crap load of texts in hope of speeding up messaging now no conversations show up at all.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackryan View Post
    You can also just like the contact to another contact and that will restore the hidden messages, and then just unlink them and your back to normal.
    This is a major issue for me - it seems to have happened for every person who's ever txt'd me.

What does a partial restore delete?

What did someone do using Web OS Doc?
    Sprint Treos 300->600->650->700p
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    ATT Galaxy Skyrocket (current)
    im really not getting what the problem is here . i must not have any problems with my messaging because everything works fine even if i delete them or not ? sorry im just trying to figure it out ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It seems that when you swipe the text off your screen to get rid of it and do one by one but you dont press the delete butten what ends up happening is that it hides the chat.... I cant figure out how to fix it eather, its starting to get on my nurves too
    its made txt msg nearly unusable.
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    yes I'm having this issue too and its very frustrating.. Only thing that has worked for me is deleting the contact..
    I have the same issue. Palm says they're aware of it. I learned from someone elses post that creating a contact (for instance "text fix") and linking your hidden contact to "text fix" then deleting the thread and unlinking will get your contact to resume showing in the main messaging window.
    The problem is, how do you know how many of your contacts you need to fix? If you accidentally hit the wrong part of the notification of txt msg (when you have multiple), you have no idea who the other "missing" message was from.

The contacts fix thing just doesnt' cut it in my mind - besides, why should I be wasting my time manually editing these things. Palm, you darn well better have a fix for this in the next OS Update!!!
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    Are you saying if I accidentally deleted a conversation its still in my phone somewhere?

I am devastated, this morning I deleted a text from some BS number adn it deleted a very important to me conversation.

Can anyone help?
    Hello All,

I have had this problem with nearly 90% of my contacts. I tried linking one contact to a random one and when that contact texted me it still didnt show in my conversations area. I am going to flip! I have also tried deleting the contact but they are all linked to my gmail profile so I could only delete the phone number. this is driving me crazy. Has anyone found a way to fix it other than linking and deleting contacts?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have just become a member of this exclusive group i tried the delete and link but my phone begins to disconnect from sprint "Phone Offline"....i lose service for nearly 10 minutes then it comes back on...
    what i did was take my phone to the sprint store, and had them, actually see it for themselves.. they did a hard reboot, and i havent had the problem ever again.. also.. would like to throw this out there.. i think it has something to do with how fast you delete your messages.. if you delete them too fast.. or something.. i think it messes it up..
    Quote Originally Posted by isaiah32 View Post
    I have the same issue. Palm says they're aware of it. I learned from someone elses post that creating a contact (for instance "text fix") and linking your hidden contact to "text fix" then deleting the thread and unlinking will get your contact to resume showing in the main messaging window.
    Have the same problem, here's what worked for me:

-Create a new contact, just call it "A"
    -Link the missing messages contact (ie John Doe) to "A"
    -Rename "A" to "John Doe"
    -Delete the first profile (John Doe) in the list
    -Contact is back in SMS

What a PITA...

I tried just creating a new contact with the name of the missing contact, waiting for synergy to link them, and then deleting the first profile, but that didn't work.
    I performed four Partial Erases this past weekend.

I LOVE spending hours re-linking all my contacts.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET RID OF THIS USELESS PHONE.

It's more trouble than it's worth.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast