1.    #1  
    My dog at my Tungsten and my Handheld Birds program and I refuse to invest in an iPod Touch to get iBird. I was wondering if anyone on the board is a birder who has found ways to make the Pre useful with birding? I'm willing to bide my time and cross my fingers hoping an app eventually comes to the Pre.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I haven't found anything for my Pre. I imagine you could find various useful websites, though I haven't looked much for a few years (books and iBird are _so_ much more convenient out in the field!). iBird is one of the major reasons I keep the iPhone around.
  3.    #3  
    I always have my Nat Geo with me and usually a selection in the car depending on the time of year (right now it's hawks and fall warbler books) but something for the phone would be nice. I'd really like an e-Book that I could buy. That would be nice.
    I'm a birder. No, not much yet available on the pre. I'm exploring a few options to see if I can work on that. Stay tuned.
  5.    #5  
    You'll be my best friend Chuq
    Definitely waiting for iBird or similar for the Pre.
    BTW, I host two free birding forums; Feathered Friends:

Feathered Friends Forum

Hummingbird Forum:

The Hummingbird Forum
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Hello fellow birders. I am sending this from the Festival of the Cranes at Bosque del Apache in central New Mexico. I'm sitting here looking at several thousand snow geese and a few hundred sandhill cranes. What a glorious sound! I'm with all of you wanting iBird on my Pre. I wonder if I can sync my iBird lists in iTunes via Missing Sync (which works fine for me) to my Pre. Will have to try later...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQMD View Post
    Hello fellow birders. I am sending this from the Festival of the Cranes at Bosque del Apache in central New Mexico. I'm sitting here looking at several thousand snow geese and a few hundred sandhill cranes. What a glorious sound!
    I leave here the 25th, spend the 26th through the 28th in Alamogordo (couple days photographing White Sands), then up to Bosque del Apache on the 29th for a week. I can hardly wait for blast-off again!
    Has anyone tried running the National Geographic Handheld Birds on the Pre using the Classic Emulation software by MotionApps? This is one piece of software that will keep me on my Palm Treo instead of moving to the Palm Pre.