Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1. snood's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
       #1  
    After updating to 1.3.1 i noticed that if I am using regular music headphones (no mic) and go to take a call no one can hear me through the pre's mic.
    Before they could.
    Anyone else notice this?
  2. #2  
    Wow I need to test that out, that would mean we can't connect the Pre to my car audio system with the headphone jack and use it as car phone.

    We had been able to talk into the mic when connected to the car audio.

    This would be a big bummer if it was taken out.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  3. #3  
    I agree.
  4. #4  
    I did a couple tests while at work.

    1 - received a call with regular headphones. The mic worked ok and I could hear the call through the headphones ok too.
    2 - made a call with regular headphones. The mic/audio out still worked as expected.

    I've never had this work 100% of the time. Sometimes it doesn't work and I just end up unplugging the audio cable and plugging it right back in again and that seems to clear it up.

    Hopefully, this is what the nettolt was experiencing.
  5. #5  
    Palm Support : Can't hear audio through Treo smartphone's speaker or headset

    My Palm Pre's phone won't allow me to hear ring tones or people... - webOS Hardware - Palm Support Community


    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I did a couple tests while at work.

    1 - received a call with regular headphones. The mic worked ok and I could hear the call through the headphones ok too.
    2 - made a call with regular headphones. The mic/audio out still worked as expected.

    I've never had this work 100% of the time. Sometimes it doesn't work and I just end up unplugging the audio cable and plugging it right back in again and that seems to clear it up.

    Hopefully, this is what the nettolt was experiencing.
  6. nerubius's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #6  
    i've been experiencing the same problem since 1.3.1 update D:
  7. poko2121's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #7  
    Yes, I am having the same issue...my mic no longer works when plugged into the headset jack in my car

    How can we fix this?
  8. #8  
    Nothing sucks worse than scrolling to the end of a thread to find that nobody was able to come up with a solution to this problem. This issue is driving me crazy. I have tried every option and nothing. Please help.
  9. #9  
    my mic and ear speaker stopped working saturday night. i have to put my phone on speaker to talk to somebody. i took it to sprint and they couldnt figure it out either so they ordered me a new one. it should get here tomorrow.
  10. tvmatt's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #10  
    Same problem here. Made a call last night with my phone connected to speakers (I do this often in my car), but the person I was calling couldn't hear me (the mic on the phone didn't work). Worked fine beforehand, so it appears to be a 1.3.1 issue.
  11. #11  
    I use a touchstone in my car, so this could be different for those who use a cig lighter power or those not even hooked into power in their cars. I don't use bluetooth. my car is hardwired through the 3.5mm jack and so taking calls ends up working just like if you had headphones in.

    Anyway, I noticed that if I plugged the headphone jack in before i put the Pre on the tuchstone (i.e. before it started charging), the mic wouldn't work and noone would hear me. If I mounted it to the touchstone first then plugged in headphone jack, the mic works fine.

    I'm not sure if this is any of your same problem, but this was my experience with mic issues.
  12. bakerja's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #12  
    I noticed this too. You have to push the speakerphone button to activate the onboard mic. Not a big deal, your hand is already there to answer the phone anyway. I suspect this is a fix for previous problems. I have had intermittent mic while plugged in to my car stereo before. Hopefully this will take care of it.
  13. #13  
    if it ever stops working for me which is not often. A quick reboot with jack plugged in always works for me
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14. JrrInTN's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if it ever stops working for me which is not often. A quick reboot with jack plugged in always works for me
    As I reported in another thread, the only thing that works for me after 1.3.1 is to do a reboot with the jack plugged in. This is the only way for me to get the mic working with a headset (or aux cable) plugged in. Certainly not "quick" though due to the reboot time. I tried the Luna reboot with Luna Manager, but that doesn't fix it -- only a full reboot (using Device Info screen) does. Am I missing some other form of "quick" reboot?
  15. fbcregan's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #15  
    I posted a thread like this the other day. I use at touchstone in my car and after 1.3.1, people can't hear me on the other side. I'll try putting it on the touchstone first but I'd be surprised if it works. We need a fix for this.
  16. #16  
    Same prob here as well.
  17. chichi's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #17  
    +1
  18. #18  
    confirmed. Same problem here. My post above was from pre-1.3.1. This blows chunks and needs to get fixed soon.
  19. chichi's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    I use a touchstone in my car, so this could be different for those who use a cig lighter power or those not even hooked into power in their cars. I don't use bluetooth. my car is hardwired through the 3.5mm jack and so taking calls ends up working just like if you had headphones in.

    Anyway, I noticed that if I plugged the headphone jack in before i put the Pre on the tuchstone (i.e. before it started charging), the mic wouldn't work and noone would hear me. If I mounted it to the touchstone first then plugged in headphone jack, the mic works fine.

    I'm not sure if this is any of your same problem, but this was my experience with mic issues.
    This was the solution for me. Its rather trivial and seems silly but it worked! I pluged the pre into the usb charging outlet of the FM Transmitter I am using FIRST and it worked when I got a call! So now I just have to program myself to do things in that order. And the guy who said doing a reboot while the pre is plugged in works (which Im sure it does but is the long method) probably works because the charge happens before the headset so thus having the same results.
  20. #20  
    Not sure this is the same thing- but just yesterday my phone stopped working on the touchstone. After reading this thread I went to the device info screen and selected reset- WHILE the phone was on the touchstone. The phone is now charging properly.

    The bugs in this OS really makes this phone unuseable by the general population IMHO- if it wasn't for this community here- I'd have jumped ship a long time ago.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions