Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Is it possible for a patch to fix this problem?
    It's possible that for some of you your phone thinks there is a mic plugged in even though there isn't. Try taking a qtip, strip off most of the cotton from one side, dip it in rubbing alcohol, and use it to clean out your jack. I don't know that this will fix it--I haven't tried 1.3.1 on a call in the car yet without my bluetooth headset. But it's worth a shot.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    It's possible that for some of you your phone thinks there is a mic plugged in even though there isn't. Try taking a qtip, strip off most of the cotton from one side, dip it in rubbing alcohol, and use it to clean out your jack. I don't know that this will fix it--I haven't tried 1.3.1 on a call in the car yet without my bluetooth headset. But it's worth a shot.
    I'm sorry but this so far off the wall that I have to tell people not to waste their time. If it worked fine 2 minutes before you patch to 1.3.1, and it doesn't work 2 minutes after the patch is done...it's not a dirty headphone jack.

mine defintely stopped working right after 1.3.1 and my chsrge before connect the jack trick definitely doesn't work anymore. I also can't find any system settings relating to this to play with.
    cant help but agree. 3.5mm(size of headphone jack) of something conductive is the only way for something physical to activate detection. dirty contacts inside the jack would have the opposite affect. ie...headset wouldn't work/ be detected
    you must rape your headphone jack with the headphone plug, but don't slam it in all the way; just until you feel a bit of resistance. I did that and it hasn't acted up since.

Oh, and don't forget to be patient.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Wow I need to test that out, that would mean we can't connect the Pre to my car audio system with the headphone jack and use it as car phone.

We had been able to talk into the mic when connected to the car audio.

This would be a big bummer if it was taken out.

Rob
    This is exactly what I did too, even used the touchstone right on the dash.
    This issue was happening to me back in 1.2 and Sprint replaced it, but it is happening sporadically now after the 1.3.1.
    I had mic issues way before 1.3.1 My bluetooth is my salvation.
    After upgrading to 1.3.1, my pre has the same problem. When I connect pre to the car speakers via the aux input, the mic on pre doesn't work. But it still work if I use a regular headphone(no mic). Very strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I did a couple tests while at work.

1 - received a call with regular headphones. The mic worked ok and I could hear the call through the headphones ok too.
    2 - made a call with regular headphones. The mic/audio out still worked as expected.

I've never had this work 100% of the time. Sometimes it doesn't work and I just end up unplugging the audio cable and plugging it right back in again and that seems to clear it up.

Hopefully, this is what the nettolt was experiencing.
    Even though this seemed to work at my desk, when I tried to use my phone in this manner in the car, it didn't.

For now, I'm going to get a Monster iSoniTalk from Amazon for $10. Hopefully, this will work as advertised.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I am having the same issue after the 1.3.1 update. I normally plug the power in before the Aux input. I haven't tried rebooting with everything plugged in, will try that next.
    1.3.2 seems to have fixed this issue...that is if its a webos problem...pixi is working fine. Sucks cause I used it alot with my pre...now the girl picks on my faster processor...stupid mic pre
    So the next Palm Pre update is the 1.3.5 coming int a few weeks i hear.. I can only assume this will fix the issue...
    Havent had that problem.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12