Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It downloaded automatically and I had themes and patches. I want to run the DR because preware is buggy. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matts4313 View Post
    It downloaded automatically and I had themes and patches. I want to run the DR because preware is buggy. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Why doctor ? Why not EPR ?
  3.    #3  
    Might as well start fresh? I dont know, its just real slow and buggy and I thought I would start fresh. It only takes a few clicks to clean it up.
  4.    #4  
    after second thought.. isnt the partial erase the same thing?
    i just updated mine to the 1.3.1 and as well i had some patches and a theme, and now preware isnt working i was just about to erase the whole pre and start fresh. however im open to some suggetions..
    after second thought.. isnt the partial erase the same thing?

No, the partial erase will not restore webos firmware to factory state...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    No, webOS Doctor is not available for 1.3.1 yet, I've definitely been checking. I've got some issues with YIM from lingering hacks, so I really want to just go directly to 1.3.1 and I've been waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, webOS Doctor is not available for 1.3.1 yet, I've definitely been checking. I've got some issues with YIM from lingering hacks, so I really want to just go directly to 1.3.1 and I've been waiting.
    Same here. I've done a very great deal of hacking on my Pre, and I intentionally disabled the update daemon as soon as I heard the first rumors of an upcoming 1.3.x release. I just want to Dr mine so I have a clean start. EPR is great for what it's for, and the repair tool is great for people who have a mythic fear of the Dr or have irreplaceable software on their Pre, but beyond that, a clean start is fast, easy and effective.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Same here. I've done a very great deal of hacking on my Pre, and I intentionally disabled the update daemon as soon as I heard the first rumors of an upcoming 1.3.x release. I just want to Dr mine so I have a clean start. EPR is great for what it's for, and the repair tool is great for people who have a mythic fear of the Dr or have irreplaceable software on their Pre, but beyond that, a clean start is fast, easy and effective.
    i doctored before 1.3.1 - well, actually, after - because things were so tweaked/patched/messed with that i thought, like you, it was worth a fresh start. you'll have to dl 1.3.1 and install again over the 1.2.1 rom the doctor applies, but it took me all of an hour to get everything doctored, downloaded, and updated.

Thanks!
    You and I both Matt. I'm visiting my brother in Washington state and my phone said it downloaded a newer version. Needless to say, I'm peeved because I had a theme in place as well as about 10-12 tweaks. As of right now, I can't tell if anything is messed up. My theme is not there anymore and my tweaks don't work. Any thoughts on what I should do? Do I need to set it back to factory and if so how do I do that?
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Palm has updated the webOS Doctor download page slightly, but it's still 1.2.1 posted, unfortunately.
  12.    #12  
    any idea when the Doc will be available?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    EPR is great for what it's for, and the repair tool is great for people who have a mythic fear of the Dr or have irreplaceable software on their Pre, but beyond that, a clean start is fast, easy and effective.
    I agree completely. I tell ya what, windows xp definitely has taught me that every once in a while, a completely fresh install is the best way to keep your machine running great.
    subscribed to this thread. does the webosdoctor come out this many days after the update? i thought before it came out almost the same time.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    subscribed to this thread. does the webosdoctor come out this many days after the update? i thought before it came out almost the same time.
    I think it took a couple of days the last time. But that could also be because they released 1.2.1 a day or so later.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I agree completely. I tell ya what, Microsoft definitely has taught me that every once in a while, a completely fresh install is the best way to keep your machine running great.
    fixed...
    fixed...
    What did you end up doing to fix it?
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
  18.    #18  
    I meant I fixed his post. I changed it to Microsoft.
    still waiting...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Same buggy issues here. I just did the Doctor (previous 1.2.1) yesterday, then downloaded the 1.3.1 update again. Everything is peaches and cream now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast