1.    #1  
    so I was glad I and all the pre owners can change the text notification now BUT.I changed my text jingle to a snippet of a song and low and behold when I was on the phone I got a text and the song started playing in my ear and my woman was like what the heck is that?I said you can hear that?yes she said...doh!!! Um palm people,can you at least fix this to where I can only hear and not the other person...or maybe a simple beep tone?anyone else find this a little annoying?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i think that there is a patch to disable that.
    Patch patch patch patch patch patch patch patch patch patch.........
    It's half a year now.
    Can we have an update with some meat on it?
  4.    #4  
    damn calm down....maybe I choose not root my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intothechaos View Post
    That's what I mean. We should not have to keep patching, homebrewing or tweaking after half a year now for basic, common-sense functionality.
  6.    #6  
    thank you,I know this is an all new webos and all but all my previous phones never had to root and wait for an update to fix simple stuff.I love this phone and I think its the best I have ever had but simplicity in a phone should be already in there.I have all the respect for all of you that root it and more power to yall,but I just don't want to root it.I'm in the pre nation for the long haul and look forward to cool things in the future,but like I said,as well as others,the basics should be in there. Go pre nation,long live the playstation nation..
    No rooting necessary!
    Install PreWare and get all the functionality you can handle!

I dont understand the aversion to using patches, This way I dont have to have the nascar app or something Ill never use.

I like that you can have the functions you want and I can have a different Pre all together. Palm has chosen to let developers do the functionality. So they can focus on the heavy lifting( laying the ground work for a totally new OS)
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

8.    #8  
    I see your point,but forgive me if I am a little overcautious when it comes to preware and the rooting factor.I read threads where it says their phone won't do this and that after uninstalling this and that.I don't need more headaches and worries in my life...heh!!
    I see your point,but forgive me if I am a little overcautious when it comes to preware and the rooting factor.I read threads where it says their phone won't do this and that after uninstalling this and that.I don't need more headaches and worries in my life...heh!!
    No offence taken!

Most if not all of the problems associated w/ PreWare are the installation of themes and the incorrect removal process, Not the patches.

Words of wisdom either use PreWare or WOSQI to install or remove patches.ie if you install via PreWare then uninstall via PreWare and vice versa.

I however dont share your nervousness about installing patches, I do understand.

Once you start patching you wont go back!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

10.    #10  
    sounds good,thanks
    @intothechaos - You don't have to root your phone to do patches. Most of the things this phone is now capable of can be done without rooting.

WebOS Quick Install is an easy way to make changes to your phone that are not permanent because they are easily undone.

I have done a lot to my phone, because it's mine. But my wife's, son's and business partner's phones all have very basic changes done through WebOS Quick Install, including changing the phone background, LED flashing notifications, mass email delete, adding launcher pages, 4x4 icons, email in landscape, messaging character count and timestamp, etc.

In addition, WebOS Quick Install allows a very quick, sure way to install Homebrew applications.

All of this can be done with very little knowledge of the device, etc, it is just a matter of selecting boxes and following instructions. When a new update comes, you can always put your phone back to "factory" pristine condition, install the updates, and then reconfigure your phone to your tastes. After install, it literally takes less than 5 minutes to put everything back.

I'm just saying that you may be missing a lot of really cool, SAFE, features that your phone is capable of, without risk.
    It seems very scary at first but if you can read and re-read the instuctions, you are going to be angry at yourself for not taking the leap into Preware and WebOS Quick Install.

You do not need to learn Linux to do this stuff.

Just read the instructions very carefully.

And I believe someone is re-doing the instructions and making a better step-by-step manual all over again.

Rob

PS I felt the same way, but I made sure I understood the instructions before trying it.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)