1.    #1  
    I discovered earlier that MyTether is broken on 1.3.1. As a result, I downgraded back to 1.2.1.

I am just wondering if this is being worked on? If so, is there an estimated date of fix? I ask this because I'm starting a new job on Monday where I will live on the road and tethering will be my lifeline for me when it comes to my laptop.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
  2.    #3  
    Looks like they started working on it and then I posted this a couple hours later, then progress is being made. These guys are great! I'm glad to see it working. Now I can reupdate back to 1.3.1
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    Looks like they started working on it and then I posted this a couple hours later, then progress is being made. These guys are great! I'm glad to see it working. Now I can reupdate back to 1.3.1
    UGGHHHHH so wait will it work with 1.3.1 now???
    "These guys are great! I'm glad to see it working. Now I can reupdate back to 1.3.1"
    No, it doesn't totally work in 1.3.1 now. Only Bluetooth/USB tethering does. And even then, sometimes it gets stuck when you're finished and you have to reboot.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Agreed, it is finnicky but I got it to work. I am satisfied for now until they make the update for the app. That'll do pig, that'll do.
    I want to be able to tether badly. I used to have this feature on my past 3 Treo units. I can't figure out this whole homebrew thing, and don't want to.

I will pay any expert $50 cash if you can help me install MyTether properly on my Pre. I'm now on version 1.3.1.

I live in San Francisco, you can either meet me in SF, or I can come to you if you're in the nearby SF Bay Area.

You must first be able to prove to me that you have MyTether working properly on your own Pre before I will go ahead with this.

This is not a joke, I am game if you are too.

Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I want to be able to tether badly. I used to have this feature on my past 3 Treo units. I can't figure out this whole homebrew thing, and don't want to.

I will pay any expert $50 cash if you can help me install MyTether properly on my Pre. I'm now on version 1.3.1.

I live in San Francisco, you can either meet me in SF, or I can come to you if you're in the nearby SF Bay Area.

You must first be able to prove to me that you have MyTether working properly on your own Pre before I will go ahead with this.

Thanks, Casey
    I felt the same way you did about Homebrew apps - I didn't want to screw up my phone, but the development going on here was too good to pass up. So I took a deep breath, and followed the instructions line by line, and I was up and running with MyTether in around 30 minutes. I learned quite a bit about my Pre in the process. Save the $50 and dive in.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet View Post
    I felt the same way you did about Homebrew apps - I didn't want to screw up my phone, but the development going on here was too good to pass up. So I took a deep breath, and followed the instructions line by line, and I was up and running with MyTether in around 30 minutes. I learned quite a bit about my Pre in the process. Save the $50 and dive in.

Thanks for your sincere advice. Still, I can't stand to do this myself. Any takers for $50 cash to do this for me? -Casey
    Casey
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Thanks for your sincere advice. Still, I can't stand to do this myself. Any takers for $50 cash to do this for me? -Casey
    You should just learn how, otherwise you will be paying everytime an update comes out. myTether gets broken with every webOS update and the dev has to fix it which requires a re-install.
    You should definitely try and do it on your own, its not hard at all. Just go step by step, this site has a great tutorial too.

Regardless, MyTether is NOT FULLY WORKING YET on 1.3.1. Wifi tethering doesn't work and USB/BT still have some issues. I would wait a few more days until they release the fix anyway.
    How about this. When the author of MyTether gets it working for 1.3.1, I'll do a remote session with you (and with your Pre) and get it going for you, and you give the money to him?
    @Casey Cheung
    Send me a PM. I am in S.F.

Thanks, Casey
    The developer of MyTether has different sets of install instructions depending if you rooted your Pre or not. A Windows and Mac installer as well. I suggest you consider just donating the $15 and get the donor only MyTether version once he has it fully working under 1.3.1.
    Read this article about free mytether (v1.5.1)
    Free My Tether Back to Life in 1.3.1
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymad View Post
    @Casey Cheung
    Send me a PM. I am in S.F.

Hi gerrymad, I have PM'd you today. Thanks.
    Casey