Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    after trying to add a new account it adds a @aol.com after the username. My login just hangs because of it. nmy username has a space. *** man?! I'm sad.
    Damn! That sucks! Glad I stopped using AIM about 12 years ago!
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
  3.    #3  
    Too bad its the only protocol I can use. =(

No one uses gtalk as far as I know . . ..
    same thing happend to my brother.

remove account/reboot/remove/reboot (we did it like 5 times)

^note: it hung so we waited like 30 minutes for it to complete...and rebooted when it got too long, just keep doing it, eventually it will remove and readd

(and yes, same here, it added the extra @aol.com to it, but it worked)
    mine works
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    same thing happend to my brother.

remove account/reboot/remove/reboot (we did it like 5 times)

^note: it hung so we waited like 30 minutes for it to complete...and rebooted when it got too long, just keep doing it, eventually it will remove and readd

(and yes, same here, it added the extra @aol.com to it, but it worked)
    I've been at it for the last 30 minutes or so with no luck. =\ I'll keep trying but ***?

Hey do you think it has something to do with a space in my AIM name? **** man this is such bull****. Worst yet, webOS doctor can't recognize my USB connection to my phone so Ic an't wipe and go back to 1.2.1 and setup my AIm through there.

I'm frustrated =(
    Can you just enter your username without typing the space?
  8.    #8  
    no. I tried that too. Was fail
    I'm having the same issue, without a space in my user name, since using webOS Doctor.
  10.    #10  
    All of messenger has been broken for meeee....

Did you use messenger plugin at any point? maybe it's linked . . .
    I did use the messenger plugin at one point, that's why I used webOS Doctor, so that I could correctly add Yahoo.

Now, I can't get any (AIM, Gtalk, or Yahoo, I have one account for each) to work.
    jhoff: I think Palm's server is hosed at the moment
    My restore from backup (twice) and my update went through completely fine, and that was a hell of a lot more data coming from Palm's servers.

Besides that, I'm pretty sure that IM connects directly to the IM servers, without using Palm as a middleman. They're using the libpurple libraries, so they pretty much have to.

Edit: Posted a long message describing exactly what I did on the Palm support forums, reproducing it here:

(This is all for a Sprint Pre.)

When 1.2.1 came out, I did a clean install of it, using webOS Doctor. At some point after that, I tried out the modified messaging plugins made by greg_roll. (I'm not sure how that could be relevant, but want to provide all information.) That worked okay for me, but not perfect, so I uninstalled it. However, it left a non-functional Yahoo entry in Messaging. Friday night I upgraded to 1.3.1 over-the-air, and Yahoo still did not work. I figured that somewhere along the line, the modified messaging plugins broke something in IM, so tonight I decided to do a fresh install.

Obviously, webOS Doctor for 1.3.1 isn't available yet, so I did what I figured was the next best thing. I installed 1.2.1 via webOS Doctor, then upgraded to 1.3.1 OTA. (Which is why it seems entirely impossible that the messaging plugins that I had installed for a couple days had anything to do with it - after webOS Doctor there should be no trace of this). Figuring that the best thing to do after this would be to start clean, I did a full reset once 1.3.1 completed installing, and then restored from the Backup. Everything worked correctly until I got to the screen where you need to re-authenticate all of your accounts. I found that Google worked correctly, my IMAP email did, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. However, my AIM account didn't log in. I thought maybe this was because it was forcing the setup to put my screenname @aol.com, so I skipped that part.

When I got to the actual Messaging app, I deleted the AIM account. I also noticed that Google Talk wasn't logging in, so I deleted that account as well. Upon trying to add the AIM account, the spinner just kept going on signing in. I tried to go back and do it again, same result, so I restarted my Pre. This time, the Messaging app showed all of my accounts (SMS, AIM, Gtalk, Yahoo), even though they weren't working. I removed the accounts, and then restarted again. Now, upon getting back into the Messaging app, they stayed gone. I again attempted to add the IM accounts and none of them would even get past "Signing on" when attempting to add them.

Anyone have any idea what could be the cause here? I've tried pretty much everything I can think of.
  14.    #14  
    I web doctored to 1.2.1

I'm going to try installing the messenger plugin then uninstalling it properly.

Maybe that will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    I web doctored to 1.2.1

I'm going to try installing the messenger plugin then uninstalling it properly.

Maybe that will help.
    I DID uninstall the messenger plugin after using it, so I don't think it'll help, but good luck.
    Guys I have a suggestion

Redoctor 1.2.1 and ADD your Gtalk and AIM (all messaging there)

THEN run backup so it syncs to palm server...

After that run an update to 1.3.1

SHould be back to normal
    Guys I have a suggestion

SHould be back to normal
    Yeah, but the only issue is that's very similar to the original thing I did in which Yahoo wasn't working. Not sure, but it's way too late here for me to try anything else right now, so I'll look into it more tomorrow.
  18.    #18  
    Guys I have a suggestion

SHould be back to normal
    I tried doing that. The messenger service still doesn't work.

It's not just an AIM problem, either.

gtalk didn't work as well.

I'm thinking it has to do with the messenger plugin messing everything up. =( Not sure how to fix it.

Right now i'm trying to get preware installed and then install the plugin. Once installed I think I am going to uninstall it from quickinstall it again and see if that somehow helps.
    so my guess is, Palm;s server is jacked up at the moment...
  20.    #20  
    I don't think it's Palm.

I got the messenger plugin installed on 1.2.1 and tried connecting through AIM. I got a connection. I then wiped the plugin from my phone and restarted. Now when I click "add accounts" nothing happens. The whole feature was removed from my phone. wtfff!?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast