Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I am having same issue. I webOS Doctor'd last night, and updated to 1.3.1, and then tried adding my IM accounts in 1.3.1 and now nothing works. I get the endless spinner on the Sign In button when adding an account, and notice there's no network activity at all. Before I WebOS Doctor'd my accounts logged in just fine. I think 1.3.1 broke something with adding IM accounts. Since it is a post-doctor, messaging plugin related does not apply.
    Read my posts on the subject. While it's post the webOS Doctor, the Palm backup is backing up some setting which initially comes from the Messaging plugins. When you restore your device in the initial setup, it's bringing that bad setting right back with it, unfortunately.

Only solution I found (which has worked for others) is to turn off your backup, which deletes it from the server, and then use webOS Doctor.
  2.    #42  
    Yeah it's like you aren't even reading what I write. My solution worked just fine, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Read my posts on the subject. While it's post the webOS Doctor, the Palm backup is backing up some setting which initially comes from the Messaging plugins. When you restore your device in the initial setup, it's bringing that bad setting right back with it, unfortunately.

Only solution I found (which has worked for others) is to turn off your backup, which deletes it from the server, and then use webOS Doctor.
    Yeah I gave it a try after your response but tried signing on or adding accounts in 1.2.1 with a backup still available on Palm Profile to make sure. And indeed seems to be some kind of corruption on the backup due to messaging plugin.

I am staying away from messenger plugin, I tried it out only 1.1.0 just for the IRC but quickly removed it after wIRC was announced.

Thanks for the help.
    I am trying the steps above and will see what happens. It took about 25 mins to downgraded to 1.2 and its now doing something from my Palm Profile. I will do the wipe and upgrade and report back what happens. I "did" turn off and delete the backups like some have said.

Update, I am downloading 1.3.1 now and will install it when done. So far so good, I mean no webdoctor or other problems like some threads I see here.
    Last edited by rkkeller; 11/17/2009 at 08:23 AM.
    I am done and now everything works fine. Connected to AIM, Yahoo and GoogleTalk with no problem.

A big PITA but this fixes the problem.

FWIW, my contacts imported exact from Google, even the pictures and links. All my Palm free and paid apps are there but no homebrew apps.

I did lose all my pictures and music but I knew that and will sync to get them back.

I did have to reconfigure all my email accounts, redo main settings and things like that.
    Last edited by rkkeller; 11/17/2009 at 09:44 AM.
    To fix the problem, here's what I did:
    • Turned off backups, confirming I wanted to delete them off of Palm's server
    • Used webOS Doctor to install 1.2.1
    • Updated to 1.3.1 OTA
    • Did a Full Erase from Device Info/Reset Options - don't think this is necessary but I wanted to be completely sure
    I did this and so far turning off backups works!
    It worked for me as well , but I just turned off the backup and did a partial erase. No webos doctor or full erases needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skribbles505 View Post
    It worked for me as well , but I just turned off the backup and did a partial erase. No webos doctor or full erases needed.

How do you perform a partial erase? I turned off the backup and tried to erase the messaging application however I couldn't. Oh well, I performed a full erase and restarted with WebOS 1.31 and it works now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    How do you perform a partial erase? I turned off the backup and tried to erase the messaging application however I couldn't. Oh well, I performed a full erase and restarted with WebOS 1.31 and it works now.
    To partial erase, go to Device Info, and you'll see reset options at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    after trying to add a new account it adds a @aol.com after the username. My login just hangs because of it. nmy username has a space. *** man?! I'm sad.
    yeah really same thing happens to me sometimes i want a separate Aim client (homebrew anyone?) outside of the messages app...
  11.    #51  
    Actually,

That issue isn't the problem. It was the uninstall bug that Messenger had. =(

I've since resolved all my issues and got things running perfectly.
    To partial erase, go to Device Info, and you'll see reset options at the bottom.
    Perfect!!! Thanx a lot. This is the easiest and fastest way and worked perfectly for me!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123