Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I need some help. I started using Double Twist today to sync my music. The problem is I ended up with multiple songs and playlist. The only way I could think of to delete them was to delete all my music from my phone. So I connected it to my computer via the USB cable went to my music folder and deleted everything. Disconnected my phone, checked the music player on my phone and my music and playlist were still there but the duplicates are gone. Then I reconnected to my computer checked the music folder on my phone it shows that it is empty. What is the deal? I'm now stuck with my entire music library on my phone and can't seem to delete it. I'm also afraid to try and sync with Double Twist again in case it duplicates everything again. Help!
    Have you checked for "hidden" folders in your media partition? I think this is how iTunes does it, and I suspect Double Twist is putting the music in the same folder as iTunes would.

More and more I think just simple drag-and-drop is the way to get stuff on to the Pre. I don't think 6gb is enough for most folks to put their whole collection on ... so you're really just picking and choosing albums/songs that you want to carry around. So why not just manually pick them and copy them to the USB disk?
    As much as people hate it, iTunes is the only reliable sync solution for the Pre. Use it and save yourself the hassles.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    As much as people hate it, iTunes is the only reliable sync solution for the Pre. Use it and save yourself the hassles.
    Really? Because I've never screwed up dragging and dropping in usb mode.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Well I was happy using iTunes but someone decided to help me out and updated it for me. So now I can't sync with it anymore. When I display hidden folders I found two folders one named double twistRS and the other itunes_control. Are these the folders I need to delete?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Really? Because I've never screwed up dragging and dropping in usb mode.
    Too much hassle. Are you seriously going to argue that it beats using iTunes? Come on now.

I've done the dragging and dropping and 3rd party apps, even bought one. But in the end none of them does the job right. There's always some problem with playlists, duplicates, not recognizing new additions.

Why bother, just to prove you can do without iTunes? If you have an older version just use it.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinglaw View Post
    When I display hidden folders I found two folders one named double twistRS and the other itunes_control. Are these the folders I need to delete?
    Can anyone help me out with this. I would really like to get back to using my Pre for music again.