Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49
  1.    #1  
    I've been visiting this website/forums ever since I first heard about the Palm Pre. It's be my source of all information on the Pre, and eventually led me to buy one instead of going for the iPhone 3GS. The community here is fantastic and whenever there is an issue with my Pre or something that I don't know how to do, I just do a search and there is usually a thread already there. I couldn't imagine having this phone without having this site and everyone that is a part of it. So thank you to everyone that has ever posted any help or questions or anything at all.

    I have noticed an increasing number of people speaking about their disappointment about the lack of features, the lack of updates, and other things that they are not content about. What I fail to understand is the reason for those people to complain constantly about issues they seem unfit. When we bought this phone, we made a choice. We were fully aware that it did not have some basic features; Palm did not say that the phone included the features, and then they just weren't there. When we bought this phone, each of us were fully aware (or at least the information was there) of what this phone included and didn't include. If the lack of features was such an issue to you, then you should have gone with another phone that meets your needs. I do not doubt that at some point those features are coming, it's just a matter of time. I would like to believe that Palm is working to give the consumers what they want, and when people become impatient, they often speak as if they are at the offices of Palm and know what is happening every day. I am rooting for Palm, I hope they continue to provide us with the updates that we are looking for and I hope the line of WebOS phones become another choice that the consumer can make for smartphones.

    I bought this phone knowing the lack of basic features, the hardware issues, and everything else. But i took a chance with a company that I hope does well because I see the potential in the phone. I have so far been really happy with my Pre and the updates Palm is providing us with. We as a society have become accustomed to having everything instantly; our food instant, our coffee instant, everything set and ready to go. The reality is there will be a progression and evolution of this phone, and we all that bought a Pre decided to jump on for the ride. We made the choice out of our own free will to buy this phone, therefore we should at least hold out and give Palm a chance. The phone isn't perfect, but at least they are working towards improving it gradually for us. Things like this take time. I hope to see how Palm evolves next year and how the Pre continues to improve.
  2. #2  
    For certain idiots, it's easier to become whiny Internet <guys> than to actually resolve their problem.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/14/2009 at 09:49 PM.
  3. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #3  
    The OS will continue to improve; but, people will find new things to complain about.
  4. #4  
    I'm waiting for a working calendar. It's been 5 months. A calendar by nature is used daily, and that makes it even more frustrating.
  5. #5  
    When I bought it in June:

    1) I didn't expect the manufacturing of the unit to be so shoddy that I personally had to fix the "slider shut off" problem because the damn batteries weren't fitting properly.

    2) I didn't, in a million years, expect that the Pre wouldn't be able to do something so basic and simple as playing wav files that are attached to emails.

    3) I expected, after 6 months, that they would have a decent Facebook app! They even featured FB in a Palm Pre advertisement!

    Things take time? How long Palm? They're still fixing issues that should have been fixed before launch.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    When I bought it in June:

    1) I didn't expect the manufacturing of the unit to be so shoddy that I personally had to fix the "slider shut off" problem because the damn batteries weren't fitting properly.

    2) I didn't, in a million years, expect that the Pre wouldn't be able to do something so basic and simple as playing wav files that are attached to emails.

    3) I expected, after 6 months, that they would have a decent Facebook app! They even featured FB in a Palm Pre advertisement!

    Things take time? How long Palm? They're still fixing issues that should have been fixed before launch.
    so you couldn't pull the trigger and take it back within the first 30days?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  7. #7  
    Hey now! We don't need your logic or well thought out arguments around here!


    RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE - DOOM AND GLOOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    so you couldn't pull the trigger and take it back within the first 30days?
    Nope, my mistake. I trusted Palm that issues 2 & 3 would be fixed by now, but no such luck.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    Nope, my mistake.
    Precisely.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Precisely.
    Yep I've learned my lesson.

    Welcome the to internet.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/14/2009 at 09:49 PM.
  11. #11  
    nope it does not mean you can't whine about making a mistake, but man up and admit it was your mistake not palms.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  12. Shado.F's Avatar
    Posts
    263 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #12  
    I'm overall satisfied; although there will always be room for improvement.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    nope it does not mean you can't whine about making a mistake, but man up and admit it was your mistake not palms.
    I did admit it was my mistake for not returning it in 30 days.

    The problems with the Pre and WebOS aren't my mistakes, they're Palms. Palm is responsible for the product that they create, obviously. And I'm free to skewer them here or elsewhere until they fix the problems.

    Have a good day.
  14. #14  
    I am perfectly happy with my pre. I can't understand the constant complaint about face book. Can't you live with out knowing in an instant what your friends are doing. Why not im them or use email. Or gee just a thought use the phone.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    I am perfectly happy with my pre. I can't understand the constant complaint about face book. Can't you live with out knowing in an instant what your friends are doing. Why not im them or use email. Or gee just a thought use the phone.
    You're missing the point. Sure we can all live without Facebook. Would you say the same thing about Twitter if there wasn't a Twitter app? What if there wasn't an email app would that be ok? I mean we can all live without email, right? Just use the phone. What if there wasn't any IM apps? You can live without IM can't you?

    Like it or not, some people use Facebook. And like every other phone under the sun Palm should have a decent FB app.
  16. #16  
    I don't know. Early adopters understand early issues but also expect them to be temporary (early implies so). So the question is, what's a reasonable time frame to get core features working? And this calls for defining a core feature.

    Given that this is a product by Palm, a company that I have always bought PDAs and smartphones from, I expected it with the Pre. Otherwise, what does the brand name "Palm" mean anyway?

    Had Palm said from the beginning that even though they are putting out a new device under the Palm brand, it's not in fact a PDA and won't be for a while if ever, I wouldn't have bought it. I bought it with the expectation of a device that represents an evolution over past Palm devices in relevant areas of PIM. Many on the forums argue that this is no longer a priority and that Palm is right to work on "other things". But we never hear what those other things are.

    The problem with Palm is not that they identified a new class of features that are more important than PIM (definition). In the past 5 months since launch, have we seen any evidence that Palm is working on anything in particular? No.

    What's keeping Palm busy is signing up new carriers so they can find more customers. And that's Palm's priority: new customers at the expense of existing ones. Get them on contract, worry about problems later.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  17. #17  
    your missing the total point NoResults. Unless palm gets everyone their every desire with the Pre right then they are totally failing. Its not his fault webos sucks because it does not offer a facebook app that looks like the TV comercial, its palms fault...or something...What is a facebook anyways?

    It sucks I can't get netflix watch instantly on my pre, I mean what is palm really doing? Oh snap this update is laying the works for flash...maybe it will. Same with video recorder.
    Look, he is being impatient and unrealistic to think that a 1K+ employee strong company who nearly died less than a year ago can deliver everything to everyone. Screw facebook, there are bigger fish to fry.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  18. #18  
    I am not surprised to find this thread get hijacked by the whiners four posts in.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

    It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
  19. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #19  
    Welcome to the Now Network. If eveyone doesn't get what they want now, Palm is failing. I am a long time Apple user. I get it. Palm is going to give us what they want us to have, when they want us to have it. I'm good with that. I dig webOS. It's bleeding edge (as opposed to cutting edge).

    If it isn't for someone, fine. I'm hanging around.
  20. themendoza's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Welcome to the Now Network. If eveyone doesn't get what they want now, Palm is failing. I am a long time Apple user. I get it. Palm is going to give us what they want us to have, when they want us to have it. I'm good with that. I dig webOS. It's bleeding edge (as opposed to cutting edge).

    If it isn't for someone, fine. I'm hanging around.
    Agreed. I think its safe to say people are comparing all smart phones to the iPhone. I had one it rocks my socks. ONLY downside to it was AT&T with lousy roaming for us in the midwest rural infested area.

    Apple has been know for their awesome design of anything they think. The got it with the iPod then iPhone. I mean, blackberry is now trying to copy the iPhone with its first touch screen.

    The Pre everyone loves because its not an iPhone and its on an excellent network. The Pre is a strong piece of equipment with an OS with potential but its trainer hasn't pushed it to the gym to get it rockin' like it was born roll.

    The SDK is weak. No excuse for no video recording.

    I vote this item as the worst roll out of a new product. Ever. Finally text forwarding now, really? I have had some really important texts that I needed to forward to 20 friends so my "true love will call" me in the next 20 mins.

    With that said, best wishes to Palm for trying impress me for the next two years under contract. If the iPhone does every jump to a new carrier and Palm fails to provide video recording, I will be switching. Peace, love, and 1s & 0s.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions