View Poll Results: So? Was 1.3.1 worth the wait?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 49.70%
  • No

83 50.30%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let's try this again (and don't forget what the Mod said).
    --- --- --- ---
    berdinkerdickle 06:30 PM 11/14/2009 -- [!!]
    Announcement:

This is a fair warning to all;
    If you want to discuss the topic of the OP, then fine.
    If not, it is recommended you move along.
    'Thread Crapping' is a forum violation.
    ---

Kyusaku 05:35 PM 11/14/2009 -- [!!]
    this update was a lot better than 1.2/1.2.1 was IMHO. Not to mention wasn't as long as a wait as 1.2/1.2.1.
    ---
    JFGABEL 05:50 PM 11/14/2009 -- [!!]
    I am happy with it. Rome was not built in a day. I knew the OS was a work in progress when I got the phone in June. I assumed it would take about a year to get things up to speed. If they hadnt launched it before the 3GS and the the new andriod phones it might have happened.
    ---
    bobertfishbone 05:59 PM 11/14/2009 -- [!!]
    With every update that comes out, I'll find myself wishing for more. That's just the nature of the beast. As far as realistic expectations go, though, I'm happy with this. A great solid update.
    ---
    tomh1102 06:00 PM 11/14/2009 -- [!!]
    I personally can not wait for the feb. 15th update (thats the one where I am eligible for a new device upgrade)
    Guess what brand of phone I will not be buying!!!!
    Palm will get what they want, short term profits at the cost of future profits I hope it was worth it because I do not care how great palm is in 2 years because they burned their bridge with me and everybody who asks me about palm!!!!!!
    ---
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/14/2009 at 05:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Didn't read LOL

Yes.

IMO Palm is doing a great job updating the phone. Personally I do not care about video recording; so, I don't care that it wasn't included. The facebook app that they have designed has some great basework and I am excited to see updates to it in the futre. People have complianed unjustly about Flash since Adobe needs to release it. They are continually improving the OS and I for one am happy to be onboard the train
    Last edited by MaxLOL; 11/14/2009 at 05:59 PM.
    Absolutely worth the wait, or whatever. The memory handling seems much improved to me. I was tired of getting all those too many cards messages.
    was wondering why this thread got closed I just thought that they were now closing all threads that do not praise the pre as the greatest phone on earth.....but at palm's rate of customer satisfaction precentral would be non existent by 2011 if that were the case
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    Didn't read lol

Yes.

IMO Palm is doing a great job updating the phone. Personally I do not care about video recording; so, I don't care that it wasn't included. The facebook app that they have designed has some great basework and I am excited to see updates to it in the futre. People have complianed unjustly about Flash since Adobe needs to release it. They are continually improving the OS and I for one am happy to be onboard the train
    Thank you for ur opinion, Mr. MaxLOL.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    was wondering why this thread got closed I just thought that they were now closing all threads that do not praise the pre as the greatest phone on earth.....
    Yeah, i was starting to think that too, but it wasn't the case this time. BTW, i do think that Palm needs to put some real meat into these updates if they wanna keep up with the competition. So far, i think we're just seeing some crumbs tossed to us pawns.
    what people tend to overlook is that it is not about the number of updates or how much they bring, it is about bringing what is needed to get the phone on a level playing field with similar phones in 2009.

If a phone is ahead of the curve than of course they are not going to update as frequently.

If a phone is playing catch up with the competition than they should update as much as needed as often as possible to get the phone up to speed.

If a company wants long term profits than you do not sell your consumers a half assed product that was released prematurely without knowing before hand that you could quickly get the product up to speed.

basically palm sold me an immature phone at full retail price to save the company and I am not very excited about being misled just to be used as a stepping stone for quick profits, and I will do everything in my power to spoil future business for them because of this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    what people tend to overlook is that it is not about the number of updates or how much they bring, it is about bringing what is needed to get the phone on a level playing field with similar phones in 2009.

If a phone is ahead of the curve than of course they are not going to update as frequently.

If a phone is playing catch up with the competition than they should update as much as needed as often as possible to get the phone up to speed.

If a company wants long term profits than you do not sell your consumers a half assed product that was released prematurely without knowing before hand that you could quickly get the product up to speed.

basically palm sold me an immature phone at full retail price to save the company and I am not very excited about being misled just to be used as a stepping stone for quick profits, and I will do everything in my power to spoil future business for them because of this.
    I LOL'd
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I didn't even wait.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Hey Tom,

Why do you believe it's an 'immature phone', which features did you expect at launch that weren't present? Are they present now?

laze
    Yep, I was out last night, with free WiFi at the bar, so I downloaded the update as soon as it came out. All my games run fluidly now, the stutter is gone, I couldn't be happier. I even got close to the top on the Classic Solitaire leaderboards.
    It was worth it.. I got the yahoo IM on my Pre.. I am now happy.. When they roll out the other nice to have things. I will be in hog heaven. Video Recording will come. Voice commands will come. Flash player will come. Visual voicemail will come. But all is good with me for now...
    650p, 700p, Pre
    Thanks dbd.

Tom,
    In the future it would be best for you to contact Staff with your questions. Do not express your concerns about moderation in the forums.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Thanks dbd.
    Hey, no problem. I used to build sites for people, so i have an idea what you have to go through every day.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/14/2009 at 07:42 PM.
    1.3.1 is yet another necessary stepping stone to 2.0. There are some great things that are visible and somethings that are not. Somethings seem overlooked but all in all the groundwork is being laid. I am excited about the future. SO imo its been worth the short wait.... The fact that Palm is looking to get a video recorder up soon is super encouraging. They showed that they are listening...
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 11/14/2009 at 07:42 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Absolutely! Multi-day events now display properly on the Pre calendar...even the last day!!!! My Pre calendar is useful again; everything else in 1.3.1 is just gravy for me.
    I'm happy; nice little fix's... Upload to Facebook is not cut in half anymore!
    was wondering why this thread got closed I just thought that they were now closing all threads that do not praise the pre as the greatest phone on earth.....but at palm's rate of customer satisfaction precentral would be non existent by 2011 if that were the case
    And exactly what is Palms customer satisfaction rate. It's funny, I keep hearing comments like that, yet every poll I've seen says it's high.

I'm not sure I understand "worth the wait". I didn't wait for the upgrade. I used my phone as it was.

I think the update offered some nice new features, and understand that it fixed several others. Fortunately, none of us had to wait, the phone was highly usable before the update, moreso after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Yep, I was out last night, with free WiFi at the bar, so I downloaded the update as soon as it came out. All my games run fluidly now, the stutter is gone, I couldn't be happier. I even got close to the top on the Classic Solitaire leaderboards.
    Does this mean it's off eBay?
  20. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    No, they closed the original thread because of people crapping in it. Said crapping, as it turns out, started in the original post.

dbd, you most of all should be pleased as punch with this update: 1.3.1 added the Linux binaries required for video recording. And Text forwarding. Two of your most persistent complaints against webOS.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast