View Poll Results: So? Was 1.3.1 worth the wait?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 49.70%
  • No

83 50.30%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    No, they closed the original thread because of people crapping in it. Said crapping, as it turns out, started in the original post.

dbd, you most of all should be pleased as punch with this update: 1.3.1 added the Linux binaries required for video recording. And Text forwarding. Two of your most persistent complaints against webOS.
    Xyg, ur trying to be ever so helpful (as always), and you don't even realize that you must be talking about somebody else. I never complained about lack of video and I don't even think I mentioned txt fwding.
    I did mention diff alerts FOR texts (and i'm happy for that), but my main things were always notification nags and file and/or photo management from the phone natively, w/no tweaks, homebrew, patches or Internalz (which Jason busts his a** to accomplish for common people because Palm is not interested).
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/14/2009 at 09:37 PM.
    It seems like it is the same handful of people complaining about the same things in a lot of the threads on here.

Each update we've gotten so far has added functionality and the UI seems to continually be getting smoother. I wouldn't call myself a 'power' user, but i've had the phone for 3 months now and I am very satisfied and have not needed to replace it yet.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterj3033 View Post
    It seems like it is the same handful of people complaining about the same things in a lot of the threads on here.

Each update we've gotten so far has added functionality and the UI seems to continually be getting smoother. I wouldn't call myself a 'power' user, but i've had the phone for 3 months now and I am very satisfied and have not needed to replace it yet.
    I'm glad for you, that ur happy with it. I don't have anything against you or others that are satisfied. There are much more important things going on in this world (with bigger problems) than this phone.
    yes it was worth it.
    some other companies have updates annually and some you even have to pay for.
    definitely worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    yes it was worth it.
    some other companies have updates annually and some you even have to pay for.
    definitely worth it
    But all other companies put out a 98% complete working phone when released.
    Not a 40% working phone like Palm does.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    I have noticed somthing,

No matter what it is (now a days) copmputer , phone, gps, toaster... There is alway an unhappy [person] that is sooo.... un-happy... with a really decent product. My answer is this ... <<edited by berd>> buy somthing else ...

<<Forum Violations Edited Out by Berd>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/14/2009 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by professorjason View Post
    I have noticed somthing,

No matter what it is (now a days) copmputer , phone, gps, toaster... There is alway an unhappy [person] that is sooo.... un-happy... with a really decent product. My answer is this ... <<edited by berd>> buy somthing else ...

<<Forum Violations Edited Out by Berd>>
    http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...read-post.html
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/14/2009 at 10:26 PM.
  9.    #29  
    [QUOTE=michaelrj;2035635][url]

Thanx, Mike.
    I really think there should be an age requirement to join here.
    Perfect timing for the link to ur thread.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/14/2009 at 10:27 PM.
    as far as I'm concerned, I got a 100% working phone the day I bought it.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    as far as I'm concerned, I got a 100% working phone the day I bought it.
    Was ur previous phone a Moto Star Tac? (BTW, i used to love that phone.)
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Absolutely worth the wait, or whatever. The memory handling seems much improved to me. I was tired of getting all those too many cards messages.
    memory handling much better. video recording, meh, i don't "need" it or even "want" it that much, but your average crappy feature phone rocks it out of the box 90% of the time. seems silly not to have on a glorious gangster handset like the pre.
    Well, those "other companies" have more than 1K employees, stocks greater than $13 dollars a share and can afford to wait as long as they want to bake a phone. Palm could not. Its simple. They had to release it. So that's that. now we have an awesome platform that gets new features and functions every month. I'm ok with that.
    Had to vote "No". Unfortunately, I couldn't see any noticeable improvement whatsoever. The one feature I was really, really waiting for was Yahoo! IM integration. Unfortunately, that's not present in my upgrade. I'm on Bell and I've heard several people say they didn't get YM as well.

I've been using my Pre continuously since I updated it and I haven't found anything new. No improvements I can see. Looks like I'll have to dig deeper into the Changelogs, but changes that stand out aren't present at all for me. Such a shame, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Was ur previous phone a Moto Star Tac? (BTW, i used to love that phone.)
    No, I think it was a Nokia 1600 that I had for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    dbd, you most of all should be pleased as punch with this update: 1.3.1 added the Linux binaries required for video recording.
    Whoa whoa what? Does that mean the terminal video recording app is gonna get an upgrade?
    yes sir!
    my Pre works fine.
    what did you expect it to do when you bought it?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    its ONLY a PDA
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Yep, my bluetooth now finally works 100% of the time. Now I just hope that they don't screw it up again in the next update (broke in 1.2.1, worked fine before). That alone makes this update a godsend.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast