Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    any of you getting better battery life after the update?
    Last edited by yaboymartell; 11/23/2009 at 09:47 PM.
    no, in a week or so im going to buy an extended battery. i just bought my pre the other day and i love it but palm really screwed us with the crap battery life.

does disabling gps when not in use save on battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    no, in a week or so im going to buy an extended battery. i just bought my pre the other day and i love it but palm really screwed us with the crap battery life.

I wouldn't know how I would use my Pre without my Seidio 2600 battery! Best thing ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post

yeah it saves quite a bit of power, actually.

You should search for a battery life guide on these forums. There are some really good tips that can double the amount of time you get with your battery life.

I'm actually having some problems with my charging ability since updating to 1.3.1 ... It was taking foreeeveeerrrr to charge up. I did a restart and it seems to be charging up at it's normal speed, finally.

I'm really not sure what the heck that is all about but I hope it was just a one time thing.
    No question the battery life is better! Been using the phone for 2 hours, and battery is still green! Swwwweeeeet! I think people have been jumping to conclusions not realizing the the upgrade to 1.3.1 is actually very high impact. Faster music app, faster calendar, better battery life. The Facebook App is quite good too and clearly can be built for more capability later on. Keep up the good work Palm. I think the only major missing features at this point are SDK access to the microphone, use of the GPU, and video recording. I love my Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    "No question the battery life is better! Been using the phone for 2 hours, and battery is still green! Swwwweeeeet! I think people have been jumping to conclusions not realizing the the upgrade to 1.3.1 is actually very high impact. Faster music app, faster calendar, better battery life. The Facebook App is quite good too and clearly can be built for more capability later on. Keep up the good work Palm. I think the only major missing features at this point are SDK access to the microphone, use of the GPU, and video recording. I love my Palm Pre.
    preoccupied is online now Report Post"

I agree.
    been using 1.3.1 for 9 hrs and it seems to be worse. But not conclusive yet.
    my battery is lasting 2 minutes longer per charge!!!!

even more importantly my apps are launching approximately 1/10th of a second faster!!!

wow what an update!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    im now getting anywhere between 20 and 30 percent drain per hour. i used to regularly get 3 percent when idle with nothing but the battery monitor running.

also, my Mugen 1400 battery capacity is showing 966 - 1100 mAh.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I wouldn't know how I would use my Pre without my Seidio 2600 battery! Best thing ever!
    how much did you pay for it?
    Err... doesn't this require a bit more time to determine? I mean, it hasn't even been 24 hours since the update dropped...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    how can yall judge battery life when the update just came out today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    how can yall judge battery life when the update just came out today.
    im going off of the battery monitor app as well as watching the battery icon drop like someone through it off of a cliff.
    personally I think its getting better life, that's just me, still on my 1st battery of the day, usually changed the 1st out and on the 2nd by 5pm
    for those who asked on why this thread is here.

i think its because people want to be the first to post something and make a long thread.

there is no way it can be detrimined if its improved yet. period.

but let the creater rock on with his bad *** self
    I posted this in the other 1.3.1 battery post, figure i try it here>

I'm not 100% sure, but after playing with 1.3.1 today with Yahoo IM connected, I noticed my battery going down real fast. I assume its similar to when AIM is connected all the time. Anyone else notice this? Just hope its limited to Yahoo IM and not the other Yahoo services. Plus i have Yahoo mail only set to check email once a day.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Mine took a dive, updated to 1.3.1 and left the house at 8:30am with a full charge. At noon it at 53%.
    My battery life is pretty much the same as it's been since 1.2. Today for example, used my phone quite a bit, took it off the charger at 8am, had to turn it off at 6pm, not all that bad, considering just how much I used it, but nothing really different from before.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    You must all be heavy users. My phone has been on for 14 hours and the battery is at 41%? It's a standard battery too. Oh, and I'm running 1.1.3 as the update hasn't been released in the UK yet.
    I am a light user and battery life decreased dramatically today after update.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast